Police say guns not licensed; Lowell ...

Police say guns not licensed; Lowell High braces for aftershocks

There are 63 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Jan 4, 2011, titled Police say guns not licensed; Lowell High braces for aftershocks. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Alleged triggermen Jameson Phoun and Sothy Voeun did not have a license to carry the two .22-caliber rifles they allegedly used to shoot up a New Year's party that left one dead and seven hospitalized, according to police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
annieo

Rockville, MD

#1 Jan 4, 2011
Oh, what a shock-the guns weren't legal! Let's start harrassing legal gun owners again. It just does sooo muchgood to keep illegal guns off the street. NOT!
Crap

Salem, NH

#2 Jan 4, 2011
Wait a minute, you're telling me criminals don't use guns that are registered to themselves? Are you sure?

Explain to me again, how does a small arms treaty keep guns away from criminals?
HAHA

Hudson, NH

#3 Jan 4, 2011
They will be out in a week.
Seriously

Westford, MA

#4 Jan 4, 2011
The Lowell Sun thought that was worthy of printing. So surprised that they were not registered. How dare these murderers not license their gun.
No Kidding

Augusta, ME

#5 Jan 4, 2011
In Massachusetts the "PERSON NEEDS TO BE LICENSED, NOT THE GUN". I know Lowell Sun your reporters are all meatheads.

Now If that city wants to knock the gang problem down, they have grow some balls and that includes all the other Politically Correct Morons. The Local and State Police need to stop these gang bangers for "ANYTHING" as long as a citation can be written for it. You know like undercarrage lights, altered heights, Improper display of lights. Then learn to articulate why you tossed the car.
Cliff Nicholson

Lowell, MA

#6 Jan 4, 2011
I'm sure the mandatory one year sentence for carrying a gun without a license is scaring the murderers out of their wits. When you look at the gun laws just remember, we elected the morons who enacted them.
ANDROMEDA

Lowell, MA

#7 Jan 4, 2011
"Police say guns not licensed"

DUH !!!!
brian

New York, NY

#8 Jan 4, 2011
can anyone answer me this.... if they lied saying they were not there then lied saying they didint shoot, then lied the gun was here when it was really at a friends house, then lied saying they thought it was a BBgun how can they plead innocent... this is so f**in corrupt
Shocked

Lowell, MA

#9 Jan 4, 2011
brian wrote:
can anyone answer me this.... if they lied saying they were not there then lied saying they didint shoot, then lied the gun was here when it was really at a friends house, then lied saying they thought it was a BBgun how can they plead innocent... this is so f**in corrupt
Throw that pathetic kid in jail!
Red Ted Kennedy

Tyngsboro, MA

#10 Jan 4, 2011
All is I can tell you is the biggest mistake of my life was doing the anti-gun thing. It woke a sleeping giant and now we may nevr see a complete communist America. If Odummer, Slick Willie and I can't do it by now, then we commies are in big trouble.
DracutDad

New York, NY

#11 Jan 4, 2011
Arizona has it right.

All involved in this incident are nothing but scum.
lowell-native

United States

#12 Jan 4, 2011
don't put him in jail how about we make an example out of him. and zap the little pr-ick while the other one is alone in prison crying his little heart out while hes getting ready to get gang-raped and after they have his way with him. i say we strap him to the chair. o and the kicker we have the mom of the girl that got killed pull the switch
Justin Case

Haverhill, MA

#13 Jan 4, 2011
Of COURSE gun laws work! I mean, look at how low the gun crime is in Detroit and DC!

Two of the nicest, safest cities in the world! Yes, THE WORLD!
brian

New York, NY

#14 Jan 4, 2011
lowell-native wrote:
don't put him in jail how about we make an example out of him. and zap the little pr-ick while the other one is alone in prison crying his little heart out while hes getting ready to get gang-raped and after they have his way with him. i say we strap him to the chair. o and the kicker we have the mom of the girl that got killed pull the switch
i love it!!!!!!
billerica resident

Wakefield, MA

#15 Jan 4, 2011
It is high time for local, state and federal law enforcement officials to put the gang bangers behind bars. Enough of gangs in Lowell. Hit the gang members with every legal infraction they make, make life so difficult for them that they flee the state. It is clear that law enforcement is in denial about the seriousness of this problem; every week there is a new shotting and more violence. time tio get real tough and send out a message that you will go to jail or be deported if you break thelaw in lowell.
Umm ya

Arlington, MA

#16 Jan 4, 2011
Ha ha ha ha more top reporting from Liberal Dopes....ha ha ha ha SOOOO! glad I canceled my subscription.

Idiocy reporters, and little Pussie gang members who in reality ain't sheet with out their pee shooters.

But hey it keeps the cops employed so all good I guess.
Joe

Brookline, MA

#17 Jan 4, 2011
brian wrote:
When the accused appears for the first time in court, the State enters a plea of Not Guilty on their behalf. This happens 99% of the time even if the accused confesses. The case is the continued so that both sides can continue investigating, etc.
Joe

Brookline, MA

#18 Jan 4, 2011
is then* continued that should have read.
brian

New York, NY

#19 Jan 4, 2011
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
When the accused appears for the first time in court, the State enters a plea of Not Guilty on their behalf. This happens 99% of the time even if the accused confesses. The case is the continued so that both sides can continue investigating, etc.
thanks joe for clearing that up but i still think it is horse sh!t
Jim

Lowell, MA

#20 Jan 4, 2011
Of course these murders did not have a License to Carry Firearm, no criminal does. They don't abide by gun laws... only law abidding people do. The bad guys "steal" guns from the law abidding person by breaking into his home, buy them black market or from some drug dealer.
Gun laws only penalize the law abidding person and infringes on that person's Second Amendment rights to gun ownership !
What is needed is the death penalty in this "liberal idiotic state". Also longer mandatory jail sentences if a firearm is used in the commission of a crime... thro the key away.
Crime control not Gun Control !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dracut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) 36 min highlands guy 18,436
do you remember? (wilmington style) (Aug '08) 4 hr GrewUpInWilmington 365
Santo Domingo Liquors on Park St (Feb '17) Feb 23 Jose M 2
spear house restaurant (Jan '09) Feb 22 Larry Lowell 10
Billerica crim,e 70s 80s 90s (Jul '08) Feb 13 OLD FRIEND DD 374
News Student denies assault on teacher at Chelmsford... (Sep '10) Feb 9 Brimstone 35
lowell crime stories as remebered by residents (Jul '08) Feb 7 Mark 822

Dracut Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dracut Mortgages