High-profile lawyer to defend local m...

High-profile lawyer to defend local mom in sex offender case

There are 16 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Apr 2, 2008, titled High-profile lawyer to defend local mom in sex offender case. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

A nationally known victim's advocate will defend for free a Tewksbury mom who is being sued by Scott Gagnon, a Level 3 sex offender, who claims he was unfairly fired by McDonald's after the mother exposed his ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

Deb

Chelmsford, MA

#1 Apr 2, 2008
This is unbelieveable. This mom was watching out for her children...all our children and this is what she gets. The laws of our country SUCK!!! He is a REGISTERED LEVEL 3 SEX OFFENDER!!!! He is working in a place were 90% of the time are women and children....he was in jail for rape not breaking and entering.

Since: Mar 08

Tewksbury, MA

#2 Apr 2, 2008
Deb wrote:
This is unbelieveable. This mom was watching out for her children...all our children and this is what she gets. The laws of our country SUCK!!! He is a REGISTERED LEVEL 3 SEX OFFENDER!!!! He is working in a place were 90% of the time are women and children....he was in jail for rape not breaking and entering.
I agree. This mom did nothing wrong. She didn't tell McDonalds to fire the guy. She just wanted to let them know that they had a Level 3 Sex Offender working somewhere that 99% of the time there are children in there. I also agree that our country needs to wake up and stop protecting the gilty. He hasadmitted to raping 20 women. I know that I wouldn't feel safe in that McDonalds with my children. I would have done the same thing that this mom did. All the power to you.
Wow

Woburn, MA

#3 Apr 2, 2008
Deb from Chelmsford, I agree with you 1000%. Lets not forget that sex offenders don't just go after after women, they also molest and manipulate and rape those of the same sex. He in NOT going to win his case against that woman. All she did was just repeat puplic info. Anyone can go on the registered sex offenders website. When my kids were in Middle School, the city I lived in would post registered sex offenders picture/name/address on the wall of the lobby of the school. The entire thing is an outrage. I bet the scumbag will get Police protection if he has to appear in court during this unheard of lawsuit.
Mike J

United States

#4 Apr 2, 2008
I TOO AGREE THE WOMAN DID NOTHING WRONG BUT WHAT BOTHERS ME IS WHY THIS GUY WAS HIRED IN THE FIRST PLACE. IF IT'S TRUE HE PUT ON HIS APPLICATION THAT HE'S A SEX OFFENDER WHO IN THE H--- HIRED HIM? OBVIOUSLY SOMEONE NEEDS TO LOOK AT WHOMEVER IS IN CHARGE OF HIRING. WHO ELSE MIGHT BE WORKING THERE???
Wow

Woburn, MA

#5 Apr 2, 2008
Mike J wrote:
I TOO AGREE THE WOMAN DID NOTHING WRONG BUT WHAT BOTHERS ME IS WHY THIS GUY WAS HIRED IN THE FIRST PLACE. IF IT'S TRUE HE PUT ON HIS APPLICATION THAT HE'S A SEX OFFENDER WHO IN THE H--- HIRED HIM? OBVIOUSLY SOMEONE NEEDS TO LOOK AT WHOMEVER IS IN CHARGE OF HIRING. WHO ELSE MIGHT BE WORKING THERE???
Right. They're probably not qualified to be a Hiring Manager. It makes you wonder just who is working where.
Frank

North Reading, MA

#6 Apr 2, 2008
All we have is HIS word that he put the info on the app. Pretty easy to prove or disprove.
lowering the bar

Princeton, MA

#7 Apr 2, 2008
Isn't he suing McDonalds, and not her?
Nancy

Haverhill, MA

#8 Apr 2, 2008
As Deb said "this is unbelievable!
This man and many others will not be able to work in fast food restaurants! Where would you like them to work??
This man is surrounded by other workers, so I think it would be pretty hard for him to abuse anyone without someone noticing.
As for Mrs. Quinn, she could try doing what us responsible parents do, and monitor her children while dining at McDonald's.
Heywood_J

Lowell, MA

#9 Apr 2, 2008
It really should never have gotten to this point. He should have never been released from prison.

Sex offenders should be incarcerated for their entire lives or put to death. Bring back the death penalty and start by executing rapists and those who sexually abuse our children.

No second chances...their victims will never get one. And now this poor lady is being victimized by this sick bastard and his sleazy lawyer.
Red Sox fan

Plymouth, MA

#10 Apr 2, 2008
Personally, I think the best place for a sex offender is in a cold, dark dungeon. Lock these monsters away and throw out the key!
brockblither

Tucumcari, NM

#11 Apr 2, 2008
if this punk would have been put in a texas prison they'd a carried him out feet first
Wow

Woburn, MA

#12 Apr 3, 2008
lowering the bar wrote:
Isn't he suing McDonalds, and not her?
No, he is sueing her too.
safee

Syria

#13 Sep 15, 2010
sex
Jane

Walla Walla, WA

#14 Jul 26, 2014
This seems like a pretty intense case. I think it would be a pretty touchy subject to defend somebody of sex crimes. I think the media already portrays thee people as guilty so that is why you need to find a really good lawyer. http://www.macneilfirm.com/internet-and-sex-o...
vikky

India

#15 Sep 14, 2014
hot bouquets9638992217
laxman

Pasadena, CA

#16 Dec 19, 2014
Pls call me emergency sex

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dracut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) 50 min Bob KA-58 18,139
I love kickboxing Methuen MA is amazing! 23 hr Lauren M 1
Who is Matthew Borges? Thu Blah 35
Low Frequency Hum - Industrial Noise? (Mar '10) Feb 22 jazzdc 54
Tommy Ellis - Ding Ding (Nov '10) Feb 18 Highlands kid 19
News Billerica man held in alleged assault (Jul '08) Feb 18 Billyrica 33
News Police arrest log (Dec '10) Feb 13 sammy 9

Dracut Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance