Lowell police arrest 'johns' in sting

Full story: Lowell Sun 45
Lowell police on Thursday night snared six men who were looking to pay for sex during the city's latest prostitution sting Police roundup Using a female decoy, police waited for unsuspecting customers or "johns" to offer the woman money for sex. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jose Ramon Garcia - Dad

Lowell, MA

#1 Aug 29, 2009
I don't have to worry about getting caught with a hooker even though I'm married. I had my name legally changed from John to Tom. When they start arresting Toms I'll change it again.
todd262

Billerica, MA

#2 Aug 30, 2009
Jose Ramon Garcia - Dad wrote:
I don't have to worry about getting caught with a hooker even though I'm married. I had my name legally changed from John to Tom. When they start arresting Toms I'll change it again.
no you only have to worry about being caught "driving without a license"
get some insurance on your car, get a drivers license then critsize people.
Jose Ramon Garcia - Dad

Lowell, MA

#3 Aug 30, 2009
todd262 wrote:
<quoted text> no you only have to worry about being caught "driving without a license"
get some insurance on your car, get a drivers license then critsize people.
Huh?? What are you talking about , boy??? You messed with the wrong Marine.
Curious Ben button

Andover, MA

#4 Aug 30, 2009
I don't get it. It's perfectly legal for Cops to pose as hookers and arrest "johns", while they can also pose as the "johns" and arrest the hookers. Anyone else see the hypocracy with this? Who cares if a man get can't his willy wet so he has to pay for it? I don't care. How is this protecting and serving? If they legalized it, then this wouldn't happen on the streets. It would happen in the brothels.
heywood jablowmee

Lowell, MA

#5 Aug 30, 2009
cant a man get some play?
Jose Ramon Garcia - Dad

Lowell, MA

#6 Aug 30, 2009
Curious Ben button wrote:
I don't get it. It's perfectly legal for Cops to pose as hookers and arrest "johns", while they can also pose as the "johns" and arrest the hookers. Anyone else see the hypocracy with this? Who cares if a man get can't his willy wet so he has to pay for it? I don't care. How is this protecting and serving? If they legalized it, then this wouldn't happen on the streets. It would happen in the brothels.
How come they are not aresting Freds?
The West Newton Kid

Brookline, MA

#7 Aug 31, 2009
Curious Ben button wrote:
I don't get it. It's perfectly legal for Cops to pose as hookers and arrest "johns", while they can also pose as the "johns" and arrest the hookers. Anyone else see the hypocracy with this? Who cares if a man get can't his willy wet so he has to pay for it? I don't care. How is this protecting and serving? If they legalized it, then this wouldn't happen on the streets. It would happen in the brothels.
As a rule, the Hookers don't have any money. So, arresting them in a sting operation does little to generate revenue. However, if the police simply ignore the Hookers (who are really the criminals) and focus on the Johns instead, the Johns are in a much better position to pay fines.
So, this is not a case of going after the actual criminals; who would obviously be the pimps and prostitutes. It is a revenue generating scheme; ignoring the real criminals and focusing on those who will be given fines. Besides that, dealing with pimps and prostitutes is both dangerous and unpleasant for our lawmen. Grabbing the Johns instead is much safer. And, the cops get one hell of a laugh over watching the John get caught in these sting operations. So, it is almost like a form of entertainment for our lawmen.

It is similiar to the thinking of either taking a soft line, or taking no line at all, with the drug dealers, and focusing on the customers of the drug dealers instead. Obviously, that makes little sense. Unless, either the cops are watching the drug dealers and are patiently waiting to make a very big bust. Or, maybe the cops themselves are involved with the possession and sales of illegal drugs. Certainly, any reasonable person has to ask just what the heck happened to the $80,000.00 worth of marijuana that went missing from the Dracut PD evidence room over 6 years ago.

So again folks, there are times where the police may choose to simply ignore the real criminals. And, it may be in the interest of generating revenue. Or, it may be the cops picking and choosing which crimes they will properly investigate. Either in the interest of their personal safety or because the cops are the actual criminals.
mommy of three

Tyngsboro, MA

#8 Aug 31, 2009
I'm glad they are doing something about this. The term "Appleton St Hooker" has been around too long and every one in Lowell knows what Appleton St whores look like,and it's not pretty!!!I can't remember a time when that area of town didn't have hookers and I'm 30..People here don't see this as a crime apparently , but the majority of these women are intravenous drug users and have diseases.So I'm glad they are arresting these irresponsible "Johns" that may be bringing deadly diseases like HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C home to their families.I'd love to be able to think of Appleton St without immediately thinking of hookers!
King Ramen of the Noodle

Boston, MA

#9 Aug 31, 2009
The West Newton Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
As a rule, the Hookers don't have any money. So, arresting them in a sting operation does little to generate revenue. However, if the police simply ignore the Hookers (who are really the criminals) and focus on the Johns instead, the Johns are in a much better position to pay fines.
So, this is not a case of going after the actual criminals; who would obviously be the pimps and prostitutes. It is a revenue generating scheme; ignoring the real criminals and focusing on those who will be given fines. Besides that, dealing with pimps and prostitutes is both dangerous and unpleasant for our lawmen. Grabbing the Johns instead is much safer. And, the cops get one hell of a laugh over watching the John get caught in these sting operations. So, it is almost like a form of entertainment for our lawmen.
It is similiar to the thinking of either taking a soft line, or taking no line at all, with the drug dealers, and focusing on the customers of the drug dealers instead. Obviously, that makes little sense. Unless, either the cops are watching the drug dealers and are patiently waiting to make a very big bust. Or, maybe the cops themselves are involved with the possession and sales of illegal drugs. Certainly, any reasonable person has to ask just what the heck happened to the $80,000.00 worth of marijuana that went missing from the Dracut PD evidence room over 6 years ago.
So again folks, there are times where the police may choose to simply ignore the real criminals. And, it may be in the interest of generating revenue. Or, it may be the cops picking and choosing which crimes they will properly investigate. Either in the interest of their personal safety or because the cops are the actual criminals.
Wow. You are nuttier than a squirrel's mouth in winter.
back central

New Bedford, MA

#10 Aug 31, 2009
How would you like to live in the neighborhood where this is going? Or be asked for a ;date' yourself because your walking down the street? Arrest them all.
What

Dracut, MA

#12 Aug 31, 2009
Curious Ben button wrote:
I don't get it. It's perfectly legal for Cops to pose as hookers and arrest "johns", while they can also pose as the "johns" and arrest the hookers. Anyone else see the hypocracy with this? Who cares if a man get can't his willy wet so he has to pay for it? I don't care. How is this protecting and serving? If they legalized it, then this wouldn't happen on the streets. It would happen in the brothels.
Okay pal, just tell us where you live, we'll have the brothels open up right next door, see how you like it.
Curious Ben button

Andover, MA

#13 Aug 31, 2009
Okat, the brothels would do a neighborhood good in which the prositution is currently going on. What would you rather have? used condoms all over the streets and in the gutters where they get tossed on a nightly basis. Or something more cleaned up, and humanized? Personally I wouldn't want to live near a brothel, that is my choice. I also wouldn't want to live on the many many streets that hookers work in Lowell. So what's the better option? keeping the streets somewhat clean like they do in Europe? or having you walk out your door to find a condom wrapper next to your tire? BTW, not to mention, in a brothel, Money would be the only thing exchanged for sexual favors. Unlike the crack that is running rampant to pay for the favors now on the streets.
pal

Waltham, MA

#14 Sep 1, 2009
mommy of three wrote:
every one in Lowell knows what Appleton St whores look like,and it's not pretty!!!
Here Here, let's get some good looking Hookers working
Gen McLean-2ndBrig 1stDiv

Lowell, MA

#15 Sep 1, 2009
larry wrote:
<quoted text>Here's a good name for you: moron.
It should be legalized and confined to certain houses whose only indication that they were such a house would be say, a blue spot on the front door.
You need to be court marshalled and pistol whipped.
Marketamerica

Wilmington, MA

#18 Sep 1, 2009
The cops should know that men who pay for hookers are those who can't get sex from women. They are not wanted.
If the law prevent them from paying to get sex, they most likely become the rapist. They should legalize prostitution.
Marketamerica

Wilmington, MA

#19 Sep 1, 2009
Mickey wrote:
Wacky Asian and Hispanic hookers!
racist jerk!
riccas finest

Lowell, MA

#20 Sep 1, 2009
todd262 wrote:
<quoted text> no you only have to worry about being caught "driving without a license"
get some insurance on your car, get a drivers license then critsize people.
Right, because until you do, you'll have to store it on blocks in the front yard like Todd and all his neighbors. I just put a new paint job on mine so it match my trailor. giddy up

“Stop Global Whining”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#21 Sep 1, 2009
Curious Ben button wrote:
How is this protecting and serving? If they legalized it, then this wouldn't happen on the streets. It would happen in the brothels.
It doesn't serve the public in any way to arrest prostitutes or their clients. It's simply a low hanging fruit and an empty feel good exercise.
hmmmmm

Lowell, MA

#22 Sep 1, 2009
Marketamerica wrote:
The cops should know that men who pay for hookers are those who can't get sex from women. They are not wanted.
If the law prevent them from paying to get sex, they most likely become the rapist. They should legalize prostitution.
You couldnt be more wrong. You either understand very little about men or your ignorant.
Amused

Boston, MA

#23 Sep 1, 2009
Marketamerica wrote:
The cops should know that men who pay for hookers are those who can't get sex from women. They are not wanted.
If the law prevent them from paying to get sex, they most likely become the rapist. They should legalize prostitution.
OK, explain Elliot Spitzer, then. Smart, successful, powerful, talked about as a potential presidential candidate. Patronized hookers. Does not seem to fit well with your hypothesis. Other customers of the same escort service were men who could afford a couple of thousand dollars for a roll in the hay. Guys with that much money usually have women attracted to them. Remember the "Mayflower Madam"? Her escort service catered to wealthy successful businessmen traveling on business to New York. Only sent her girls to 5 star hotels. Explain those clients and how they fit into your hypothesis. The list goes on. I think there's something else besides inability to get sex in other ways at play here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dracut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Dracut's Car Connection (Aug '09) Sat ooh right 21
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) Sat Scott Anderson 17,810
Ex-worker indicted in Tyngsboro church theft (Jun '10) Oct 16 bmc7175 122
Jessica Krutuleski (Oct '12) Oct 15 TheRealBabysMom 27
my wife refuses to get a job! (Aug '09) Oct 15 Entertained 173
lowell crime stories as remebered by residents (Jul '08) Oct 14 missy12090 677
Meet up Oct 13 ggg 1

Dracut News Video

Dracut Dating
Find my Match

Dracut Jobs

Dracut People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Dracut News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dracut

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]