Ex-manager Joe Tully: FBI queried me on abatements

Full story: Lowell Sun

Chief Assessor Susan LeMay was questioned by FBI agents in her office early Tuesday morning, but LeMay declined to say what she was quizzed about.
Comments
1 - 20 of 33 Comments Last updated Apr 21, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Resident

Westford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 14, 2010
 
I love reading about the pols. in Lowell.
I'll bet they all are squirming in their pants.
NAVJO

Somerville, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 14, 2010
 
how about the assessors ofiice staff
is that a political gravyard or what
they should flush this city down the
toilet. Alive-Unique-Inspiring.
PoliticalHaven

Burlington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 14, 2010
 
wow, all three assessors were connected to city/state officials? now that's a surprise. I can't wait for the FBI to haul the entire city hall office and state reps away in cuffs...it might go down as one of the most corrupt cities in America. How "Inspiring and Unique"!

Rita and Tully seem to think this is a big joke and lie directly to the FBI...nope, never knew Kaz...nope do not know Lemay well (i just visit her twice a week for the past 20 years). Unreal. Lock all those scumbags up and set an example to every municipality...clean up your act or face the consequences.

Just imagine though, if Bernie never actually managed this city, everything we have been hearing about for the past 2 years would have been swept under the rug. No wonder everyone always wanted Kevin Murphy to manage the city. They wanted to keep it all under wraps within the same good 'ole boy network.

Lowell is a disgrace, however getting much better with Bernie up there!
Highlands Guy

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 14, 2010
 
What is an ex felon still doing work with the city? Talk about inbreeding everybody is related to some councilor or hack.
Screaming Eagle

Brockton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 14, 2010
 
Susan Lemay was Tully's secretary when He was City Manager. He gave her the assessers job and I'm sure she owe's him any favor he ask's for thats how the game is played.
Amused

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 14, 2010
 
Didn't Tully get released from federal prison way before the end of his sentence because he supposedly was terminally ill? Wasn't that about 10 or more years ago? Must have been a miracle or something that his health took a turn for the better as soon as he got out. Msybe Judge Mazzone should be investigated as a possible saint, since he apparently cured cancer by revising a dying man's sentence.
yup

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 14, 2010
 
none of them know what the fbi is loking for because they have done so many crooked things over the years,go fbi clean house.
Amazed

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 14, 2010
 
I am amazed every week it seems there is something about a currupt City employee, it is such a disappointment so many good people have worked so hard to improve the Cities image. Sue Lemay had no experience in assessing she was the City Manager's sectr'y and at a political payback she was given that position. How long has she been running that office? How much damage has been done? How many favors were given? There should be a review of all the politicans properties to see if there are adjustments put on their properties that has helped her stay in that position all these years. If something corrupt was done she should be fired and charged. Like someone said prior Tully was in prison what the hell is he doing walking into the assessors office regularly and also representing taxpayers for abatement. Did he have qualifiations to do this? letters of permission to represent the taxpayer? it smells of him using his past position to get abatements, that sounds illegal to me.
curse of dracut

Haverhill, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 14, 2010
 
Lets see B.Joseph Tully(a.k.a. The Anti-Christ)is from Dracut.Alan Kazanjian is from Dracut.Ron Mercier is from Dracut,at least Nick Lambros only stole water!!
sla

Tewksbury, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 14, 2010
 
PoliticalHaven wrote:
wow, all three assessors were connected to city/state officials? now that's a surprise. I can't wait for the FBI to haul the entire city hall office and state reps away in cuffs...it might go down as one of the most corrupt cities in America. How "Inspiring and Unique"!
Rita and Tully seem to think this is a big joke and lie directly to the FBI...nope, never knew Kaz...nope do not know Lemay well (i just visit her twice a week for the past 20 years). Unreal. Lock all those scumbags up and set an example to every municipality...clean up your act or face the consequences.
Just imagine though, if Bernie never actually managed this city, everything we have been hearing about for the past 2 years would have been swept under the rug. No wonder everyone always wanted Kevin Murphy to manage the city. They wanted to keep it all under wraps within the same good 'ole boy network.
Lowell is a disgrace, however getting much better with Bernie up there!
Please show us the proof that Rita said she did not know, Kaz or Lemay.
Unless your whit the FBI, You dont no that,
So what your doing is making false statements,
Ill be watching to see if you anser whit what you know for sure, not what you think,
Bet you cant anser where you got your information.
Just another I know everything,
What a stupid statement for you to make.
Ill tell you who dont know anything its You.
You dont know your arzz from your elbow.
Have, A, Nice, Day,
only dracut being dracut

North Weymouth, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 14, 2010
 
curse of dracut wrote:
Lets see B.Joseph Tully(a.k.a. The Anti-Christ)is from Dracut.Alan Kazanjian is from Dracut.Ron Mercier is from Dracut,at least Nick Lambros only stole water!!
someone is actually starting to see a pattern here.
man, do i love this town!
we told you so

Windham, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 14, 2010
 
the feds will be indicting by the end of the year many of the well knowns in lowell. it will be a secret hearing though and then secret confessions. Wait til you see who is named. yipppeeeeee.
tully a lawyer

Windham, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 14, 2010
 
why is tully representing anyone? He is not an attorney and to represent someone in legal matters before a tribunal of any sort is the unlawful practice of law and it is CRIMINAL to do so.

Time to put the azzhole back behind bars where he belongs. Let Pangy help him now.
ho about joe jr

Windham, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 14, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Amazed wrote:
I am amazed every week it seems there is something about a currupt City employee, it is such a disappointment so many good people have worked so hard to improve the Cities image. Sue Lemay had no experience in assessing she was the City Manager's sectr'y and at a political payback she was given that position. How long has she been running that office? How much damage has been done? How many favors were given? There should be a review of all the politicans properties to see if there are adjustments put on their properties that has helped her stay in that position all these years. If something corrupt was done she should be fired and charged. Like someone said prior Tully was in prison what the hell is he doing walking into the assessors office regularly and also representing taxpayers for abatement. Did he have qualifiations to do this? letters of permission to represent the taxpayer? it smells of him using his past position to get abatements, that sounds illegal to me.
Joe's son, joe jr had no experience as a housing director but he got the job. oh, he is also in dracut. How did he get the job over qualified people? Was this a secret back door position created for him? Also, look at Middlesex Community College and see who is running that show....the sheehy's and they are also a clerk at juvy court and one is asst city solicitor -- what a joke. They HAVE to post these positions by law but the job is already spoken for. Their postings are a FRAUD on the honest public. These jokers need to go to jail and be disgraced. Too many cowards in lowell that do not want to speak up. If the Feds start applying the right pressure points then someone will give and the proverbial suit will fall apart... go get 'em feds.... right on !!!
use this forum

Windham, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 14, 2010
 
time to use this forum to give anonymous tips to the feds to seek out the truth and make our government respected once again and to work for the people. We call upon all good hearted citizens to speak up and post what you know on this site with details and names. Only the truth and not mere speculation is sought.
Rojo

Peabody, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 14, 2010
 
Joe Tully doesn't know Sue LeMay; Rita Mercier doesn't know Alan Kazanjian. How stupid do they think we are?

There is nothing Joe Tully does that doesn't smack of political favors and other hack-related events.

The best use of my tax dollars is to let the Feds go after these people.
Out With The Bartender

Framingham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
May 14, 2010
 
ho about joe jr wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe's son, joe jr had no experience as a housing director but he got the job. oh, he is also in dracut. How did he get the job over qualified people? Was this a secret back door position created for him? Also, look at Middlesex Community College and see who is running that show....the sheehy's and they are also a clerk at juvy court and one is asst city solicitor -- what a joke. They HAVE to post these positions by law but the job is already spoken for. Their postings are a FRAUD on the honest public. These jokers need to go to jail and be disgraced. Too many cowards in lowell that do not want to speak up. If the Feds start applying the right pressure points then someone will give and the proverbial suit will fall apart... go get 'em feds.... right on !!!
then again< how did Karabatsos get the job in Dracut? Of course thru the pangy, kaz, tully coonection.
Teddy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
May 15, 2010
 
WHEN THE FEDS ARE DONE IN LOWELL THEY SHOULD COME TO DRACUT THEY WOULD BE AMAZED
deliberit colusian

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
May 15, 2010
 
AH the TULLY GANG! back again !now all we neeed is wild BIIL TAUPIER back in the Lowell scene and everything will be just peachy! these guys are the inventors of corruption!,NEPITISM CITY!!the poor slob who applys for a city job does notstand a chance unless he wants a job pitching garbage!everything else is reserved for the HACKS!every position has its price ,sure would like to see the MENU! maybe it goes like this ,inspectors job a job for life 25,000 ,c.o.d.credit cards not accepted! water meter reader 10,000 no checks please! boy will the FBI have a holiday! I heard they have a city person on the inside!that obtained there position from the menu and has been singing like a canarie!just maybe you can fight city hall!
curse of dracut

Haverhill, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
May 15, 2010
 
Maybe it`s time for Lowell to secure our borders with Dracut to prevent the influx of criminals.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dracut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Camp Saint Mary's (Jan '09) 10 hr Ed Dubreuil 32
Arrest Log: 12/15/2010 (Dec '10) 20 hr Will 17
A lawyer, a disaster (Nov '10) Tue Injun Joe 27
Is this the worst summer for Lowell? Tue Injun Joe 1
Market Basket ready to hire Tue Sonny 17
Vaccinate your dog: 15 cases of parvovirus conf... Tue Paula 1
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) Aug 16 Kundrot dionkie 1,163

Search the Dracut Forum:
•••

Dracut News Video

•••
•••

Dracut Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Dracut People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Dracut News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dracut
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••