Dracut official on leave from Lowell ...

Dracut official on leave from Lowell Water Dept. job amid gas-t...

There are 124 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Apr 28, 2010, titled Dracut official on leave from Lowell Water Dept. job amid gas-t.... In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

An elected Dracut official is one of two Lowell Water Department employees facing disciplinary action for allegedly filling their private vehicles with city-owned fuel.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

Vague Supplication

Lowell, MA

#113 May 1, 2010
jeff wrote:
sickning
Now there's a Dracut education at work.
Tyngsborough

Londonderry, NH

#114 May 2, 2010
hmmmm wrote:
Lowell water-utility workers accused in gas thefts story topix cancelled ??
hmmmm, most of the topix threads on the 3rd shift police officer in Tyngsborough have been deleted.
maggie

Dracut, MA

#115 May 2, 2010
Well maybe this is what BO meant when he said jobs are coming back
need a job

Billerica, MA

#116 May 2, 2010
Well it sounds like there are going to be a lot of opennings in the city of Lowell, when they get through viewing the footage a lot of people will be out of work without be DUA I might add, nice Parenting skills Ron what the hell were you thinking? Scratch that i've seen you on the Dracut school comedy hour .......anyway Mr. City Manager where do I send my Resume'? I'll take those jobs that they through away !!!!!
andy st apples

Simsbury, CT

#117 May 2, 2010
ron was hired not to long ago the job was never posted it was a gift from bernie to armand it should of been put in the paper for all to apply so bernie you didn't go by the rules either
Ronnie took a test

Lincoln, MA

#118 May 2, 2010
andy st apples wrote:
ron was hired not to long ago the job was never posted it was a gift from bernie to armand it should of been put in the paper for all to apply so bernie you didn't go by the rules either
You have no idea what your talking about because Ronnie got the job only after passing a test and Armand had no use for Bernie and would never have ask him even for the right time of day.

Armand who did a thousand favors for people(including a member of my family) has difficulty asking people for help because he is a man of high honor and a lot of folks he helped are now bashing him and his family which I regret.
oaf

Boston, MA

#119 May 3, 2010
Tyngsborough wrote:
<quoted text>
hmmmm, most of the topix threads on the 3rd shift police officer in Tyngsborough have been deleted.
I was under the impression that there would be a 6-7 year delay for investigations of wrong doing by cops or city workers so that the statute of limitations might come into play. Wud up? Isn't this guy getting hung out to dry here? what happened to the 6 year rule?
There is not test

Winchester, MA

#120 May 3, 2010
There is no test to get hired by the city for the water department so i'm not sure what test Ron took to get hired. Once hired you have 2 years to get your drinking water license. Maybe he got his license first? If there was a test to get hired you would have a 1000 people lined up for the test. The hiring process is all who you know not what you know.
None one of the good boys

Howell, MI

#121 May 3, 2010
Ron come over to the Lowell Regional Transit Authority that just slap your hand went you gas your car & Boat. Then thay well give you a promation an a fifteen thousand raise
Jodi

Lancaster, MA

#122 May 3, 2010
I am a KENO junkie wrote:
Armand Mercier has nothing to do with this leave him out of it.
I'm off to the White Eagle Cafe to play some KENO.
Off to the White Eagle Cafe, no need to say anymore. LOOOOOSER!!! WOW, you admit you hang out there!?!?
what happened

Harrison, NJ

#124 May 4, 2010
did the two gas theives get fired or a company gas card?
only dracut being dracut

Quincy, MA

#125 May 4, 2010
oaf wrote:
<quoted text> I was under the impression that there would be a 6-7 year delay for investigations of wrong doing by cops or city workers so that the statute of limitations might come into play. Wud up? Isn't this guy getting hung out to dry here? what happened to the 6 year rule?
that only applies in dracut.
The Sun lies a lot

AOL

#126 May 4, 2010
what happened wrote:
did the two gas theives get fired or a company gas card?
What is the big fuss about ??

I understand that the workers use there personal auto for business purposes so they should get free gas or cash reimbursement so like I said why pick on Ron Mercier who is an innocent bystander here.

All of you fools who are jealous of him and are jumping to a wrongful conclusion because I know his wife's family and they are real nice people who have values so don't believe everything that The Sun prints because they lie a lot .
andy st apples

Simsbury, CT

#127 May 4, 2010
The Sun lies a lot wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the big fuss about ??
I understand that the workers use there personal auto for business purposes so they should get free gas or cash reimbursement so like I said why pick on Ron Mercier who is an innocent bystander here.
All of you fools who are jealous of him and are jumping to a wrongful conclusion because I know his wife's family and they are real nice people who have values so don't believe everything that The Sun prints because they lie a lot .
ronnie was on his boat testing water for work they make bud with merrimack water he took lots of samples
sure sure

Harrison, NJ

#128 May 4, 2010
they use their personal cars to repair water leaks?doubtful!even if so,then why all the new truck?you are a moron if you believe that!
Highland

Lowell, MA

#129 May 4, 2010
sure sure wrote:
they use their personal cars to repair water leaks?doubtful!even if so,then why all the new truck?you are a moron if you believe that!
I second that!
areyoukidding

Tewksbury, MA

#130 May 4, 2010
The Sun lies a lot wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the big fuss about ??
I understand that the workers use there personal auto for business purposes so they should get free gas or cash reimbursement so like I said why pick on Ron Mercier who is an innocent bystander here.
All of you fools who are jealous of him and are jumping to a wrongful conclusion because I know his wife's family and they are real nice people who have values so don't believe everything that The Sun prints because they lie a lot .
What is the big fuss about? They not only stole gas for their personal use, but they stole the surveilance camera as well (which they both admitted to). The water dept is protected by Homeland Security and any theft or destruction of property used to protect the water department could fall under a federal crime. If the city wanted to push the issue these guys could be in much bigger trouble than stealing gas.

Also, the water dept. has vehicles that are to be used for business purposes. No personal vehicles are needed, so your theory is false. You are correct about Mercier's wife and family. They are very nice people. They should be ashamed of him and his actions.
tab

Windham, NH

#131 May 5, 2010
a employees camera not the water dept. keep diggging bernie get them all!
OOPS THEY DID IT AGAIN

Lowell, MA

#132 May 6, 2010
The water dept has one boat the other one is at archie trainor's house the head of the distribution and him and danny boy had a nice fishing trip on it at the beach a few years back!!!
dominos

Harrison, NJ

#133 May 6, 2010
watch all the dirt come flying now like a sinking ship all the rats are running danny boy was a rat from day one and was how he got the job time to clean house!!! think they are having sale on DECON at the depot

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dracut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) 45 min Sla 18,193
Kenneth Waters was innocent 100% (Oct '10) Apr 24 blowbackredfish 34
Section 8 Fraud (Sep '08) Apr 17 Shortstuff 346
Billerica crim,e 70s 80s 90s (Jul '08) Apr 14 Chaz 370
News THE MAIN EVENT: Crowds flock to see 'Fighter' s... (Jul '09) Apr 9 Erin M 76
Should an uninsured driver from NH be allowed t... (Aug '08) Apr 5 Greg 115
Low Frequency Hum - Industrial Noise? (Mar '10) Apr 2 Darrell Dammen 55

Dracut Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dracut Mortgages