Tyngsboro to take vote on boat launch

Tyngsboro to take vote on boat launch

There are 115 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Oct 28, 2010, titled Tyngsboro to take vote on boat launch. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Special Town Meeting on Nov. 16 just became more interesting. Despite being threatened with a lawsuit by Club Fleur-De-Lis Inc.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Richie Rich

Dracut, MA

#104 Nov 11, 2010
been there wrote:
<quoted text>
Most likely Rich Lemoine asked them to get involved. It's his neighborhood. Just because he abstains doesn't mean he doesn't push his agenda on the other board members. Isn't why most of them are there? To do each other favors and get favors in return?
Exactly right. Lemoine cares only about his OWN agenda. Not the will of the people.

Go Bob Jackson. You've EARNED my respect all the way!!!!
DracutDad

New York, NY

#105 Nov 11, 2010
Richie Rich wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly right. Lemoine cares only about his OWN agenda. Not the will of the people.
Go Bob Jackson. You've EARNED my respect all the way!!!!
Thats right RW.
Independent Observer

Bedford, MA

#106 Nov 11, 2010
The town can seek back taxes against all these folks if they denied people the right to use the easement. Whoever put up the fence is also not very bright.

If the landowner posts the land (i.e., "No Trespassing") or prevents the public from using the easement, the tax abatement is revoked and a penalty may be assessed by the town or city...

An easement is the right to use the real property of another without possessing it. Easements are helpful for providing pathways across two or more pieces of property or allowing an individual to fish in a privately owned pond. An easement is considered as a property right in itself at common lawand is still treated as a type of property in most jurisdictions.

The rights of an easement holder vary substantially among jurisdictions. Historically, the common law courts would enforce only four types of easement:

The right-of-way (easements of way),
Easements of support (pertaining to excavations),
Easements of "light and air",
Rights pertaining to artificial waterways.
Independent Observer

Bedford, MA

#107 Nov 11, 2010
Tyngsborough wrote:
<quoted text>
And who is that?
Hope you are aware of this....?

If the landowner posts the land (i.e., "No Trespassing") or prevents the public from using the easement, the tax abatement is revoked and a penalty may be assessed by the town or city...
Independent Observer

Bedford, MA

#108 Nov 11, 2010
And also:

Unlike a lease, an easement does not give the holder a right of "possession" of the property. So you also cannot charge a fee to something you really do not own..
Tyngsborough

Londonderry, NH

#109 Nov 11, 2010
Billy Bass wrote:
<quoted text>
OK Then, go out and put a "No Trespassing" sign at the end of your PUBLIC STREET and then call the Police once someone drives up it. You're a complete and utter moron. I asked the Police and they told me point blank that they couldn't stop anyone from using the ramp even if they wanted to. I even spoke to teh Environmental Police (Game Warden). They can put up all the signs they want. I told them to call teh Police and they refused to. There's a reason for that.
And you are FOS. The Town Attorney never said any such thing. If that were actually the case, then this whole issue would be a non-issue. Cedar is a Public Road and is even on the map. So, stop lying. Like I already said, I dare ANYONE to try and stop me without a cop there. I double dare you. I will continue to launch there until a cop tells me otherwise and there's nothing anyone can say or do.
Not just that, IT'S DEEDED!!! in a SHAREED DEED!!! Fleur-De-Lis is one among more than 100 abutters of a subdivision who share deeded property rights to the disputed Long Pond boat ramp.
You lied! What the Attorney actually said was:
"Town Attorney Charles Zaroulis said outsiders who have used the Long Pond access ramp unchallenged by abutters for more than 20 years, may also claim a legal right to continue using it under the state's "right-of-easement" law."
http://www.lowellsun.com/rss/ci_16456236#ixzz...
You are familiar with the "Right of Easement" Law? Let them try to stop me!
LMAO!! You Liar!
The town attorney's comments, which you quote, "outsiders who have used the Long Pond access ramp unchallenged by abutters for more than 20 years, may also claim a legal right to continue using it under the state's "right-of-easement" law" is saying GET A LAWYER. If you want to claim a LEGAL RIGHT that means YOU hire a lawyer, YOU go to court and YOU get it in writing from the court!

Don't involve the town in your quest for rights to a private way! I don't want to pay for THAT in my property taxes!
FactsPlus

Philadelphia, PA

#110 Nov 11, 2010
These 6 easements (rights-of-ways) were not written into any of the deeds and the deed of the people who use it in this subdivision that I could see and are / would be difficult to eliminate (take rights away).

The people who use these easements are the dominate users, they benefit from the easement (so that would include all of the landowners in this subdivision and maybe more) because the need for them still exists (hence, access to the regulated waterbody (Long Pond being a Great Pond)).

Unless a property owner has a deed where these easements were specifically written into them to serve as something or another, no claim to them or acquirement of them seems legal even if the people acquired them by uninterrupted continuous use for 20 years. It appears that these easements were granted (on the plan of land) for the people of the subdivision for use as access to the waterbody period but not deeded to them.

This is a case for a land use lawyer and land court, not the town.
Tyngsborough

Londonderry, NH

#111 Nov 11, 2010
been there wrote:
<quoted text>
Most likely Rich Lemoine asked them to get involved. It's his neighborhood. Just because he abstains doesn't mean he doesn't push his agenda on the other board members. Isn't why most of them are there? To do each other favors and get favors in return?
I really have no other explanation. Placing Cedar Street's acceptance and land taking on the special town meeting warrant doesn't make any sense at all...no matter how I look at it.

Just a few months ago the BOS raised the alarm about our backlog of 175 unaccepted streets that dates back 30 to 40 years and how does the BOS address that problem? At the May 18th town meeting the BOS was the gang who couldn't shoot straight when it came to a routine acceptance of 7 NEW streets. A simple, no way to screw it up process gets screwed up. Then for the November 16th special town meeting only one street acceptance is placed on the warrant and it's a street that's a boat launch!
Gail

Andover, MA

#112 Nov 12, 2010
stay off my boat ramp
To bad

Lowell, MA

#113 Nov 12, 2010
Gail wrote:
stay off my boat ramp
Tom how could you let gail take over your business.. she ran it into the ground.. you should have given it to your son tommy...
Club FDL Supporter

Billerica, MA

#114 Nov 13, 2010
To bad wrote:
<quoted text>
Tom how could you let gail take over your business.. she ran it into the ground.. you should have given it to your son tommy...
If you only knew what you were talking about, how sad that people make up their own assumptions about others. Do us all a favor, live your own life and keep out of others business.
Tyngsborough

Londonderry, NH

#115 Nov 14, 2010
The special town meeting on Tuesday November 16th at 7pm in the Elementary School Cafe provides the opportunity for townspeople to vote NO on both Cedar Street articles.

Property taxpayers shouldn't be financing a boat launch that benefits only a few residents. These are very difficult economic times. A boat launch isn't a neccessity. A boat launch is a luxury taxpayers simply can't afford.
Lunatic Fringe

Bedford, MA

#116 Nov 16, 2010
Tyngsborough wrote:
The special town meeting on Tuesday November 16th at 7pm in the Elementary School Cafe provides the opportunity for townspeople to vote NO on both Cedar Street articles.
Property taxpayers shouldn't be financing a boat launch that benefits only a few residents. These are very difficult economic times. A boat launch isn't a neccessity. A boat launch is a luxury taxpayers simply can't afford.
OMG go back into your hole, you already lost this fight by 100-1 odds. The people of Tyngsborough are VOTING """YES" "" .. You think these people woke up yesterday?
Lunatic Fringe

Bedford, MA

#117 Nov 16, 2010
Stop the Lunacy vote """"YES """"" Tonight
Tyngsborough

Londonderry, NH

#118 Dec 5, 2010
If Attorney Peter Nicosia represented the boat ramp's property owners, do you think this would have ended differently?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dracut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News State Rep. Jim Miceli prides himself on not tak... (Oct '10) 2 hr Respect 20
News Urban gangs seen moving into suburbs (Jun '06) Jun 25 Go Blue Forever 29
Should an uninsured driver from NH be allowed t... (Aug '08) Jun 24 Umm23 113
News Plethora of pollen blamed on erratic weather pa... Jun 22 Buzz Lightyear 3
Section 8 Fraud (Sep '08) Jun 18 Emily 336
lowell crime stories as remebered by residents (Jul '08) Jun 16 Linda 759
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) Jun 14 Wondering 17,972
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dracut Mortgages