Pittsfield man charged with drug offenses

Apr 7, 2011 Full story: Berkshire Eagle 36

A 33-year-old Pittsfield man has been charged with six drug-related offenses stemming from incidents that occurred last June.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
peter

Brockton, MA

#1 Apr 8, 2011
he should become a police officer, after one year an all those charge and he get 1000 bail, officer lost contact with him! must have been kirchner and his gang.....

thank god the mayor let kircher pick his choice of hours and be able to protect and serve us folks! and he still keeps that great job....what a punishment. best place in town to work and do anything you want and still keep your job.....
fall time

Lenox, MA

#2 Apr 8, 2011
He was using for medical purposes!
peter

Brockton, MA

#3 Apr 8, 2011
fall time wrote:
He was using for medical purposes!
oh ya! without a prescription.... over the counter drug dealer. is that how we get drugs for medical purposes!!! i kinda forgot how its done.... good luck on the night shift, plenty of drugs on that shift....
common sense

Hoosick Falls, NY

#4 Apr 8, 2011
peter wrote:
he should become a police officer, after one year an all those charge and he get 1000 bail, officer lost contact with him! must have been kirchner and his gang.....
thank god the mayor let kircher pick his choice of hours and be able to protect and serve us folks! and he still keeps that great job....what a punishment. best place in town to work and do anything you want and still keep your job.....
I really dont think you can compare the two cases ie: the cop taking steroids vs a crack dealer. Crack has been an epidemic and plague that has devistated this country. Look at what goes with the addiction ie: prostituion, theft, robbery etc. Steroid use, unfortunately, is seen in a different light. Our county's role models ie: athletes, celebrities and yes even two Governors (Arnold and Jesse) have admitted to using. Just look at the latest news, Barry Bonds is in trouble for lying about using steroids, not actually using them. As for police officers using well look up a guy named Ronnie Coleman. He is a professional bodybuilder and multiple Mr Universe winner. Guess what else.....he is a cop. Obvioulsy his department and people in the community he serves dont have a problem with it. Had Kirchner been caught with text messages about smoking weed would all this uproar be going on? Probably not because the people of Massachusetts have voted that weed is ok in small amounts. Well look at the law....steroids are classified lower than weed. Just the facts and not everyone will agree but thats just the way it is.
Really

Cobleskill, NY

#5 Apr 8, 2011
Does it really matter what drug the tax payers are paying the cop to do? Do we want the task force using what they confiscate? I'm confused. Any one caught doing any drugs at any job should be fired. Otherwise it would be just fine for judges to light a blunt before court or the da to do a couple of lines before his big day or maybe doctors could just take one oxy to start their day. Hopefully that would be when you people who defend cops doing drugs have to have surgery and your doctor makes a little mistake on you.
common sense

Hoosick Falls, NY

#6 Apr 8, 2011
Really wrote:
Does it really matter what drug the tax payers are paying the cop to do? Do we want the task force using what they confiscate? I'm confused. Any one caught doing any drugs at any job should be fired. Otherwise it would be just fine for judges to light a blunt before court or the da to do a couple of lines before his big day or maybe doctors could just take one oxy to start their day. Hopefully that would be when you people who defend cops doing drugs have to have surgery and your doctor makes a little mistake on you.
Where does it say anywhere that the cop used drugs he confiscated? It doesnt. Under the laws of massachusetts a judge, or anyone for that matter, can light a blunt as long as its under an ounce. The people have spoken on that matter. Some drugs are more serious than others thats why they are classified as such. I dont make the laws but I do understand them. The laws are written in black in white but there is a very grey area. Example: husband has a script for sleeping pills or valium or whatever and wife for whatever reason needed one. he gives her one, only one time. SHould he be charged? Under the law that is drug distribuiton and he would be what you people call a drug dealer. They are a million scenarios such as this. That is why the DA has the discretion on who gets charged. I had a script for Ibuprofen 800 and let my wife have one after she wrentched her back. Am I a drug dealer? SHould I go to jail?
Really

Cobleskill, NY

#7 Apr 8, 2011
Oh my bad I forgot he had a prescription for the drugs they found him to be getting illegally. I must have missed that part. It's not like he needed them to relieve some kind of pain just once. Was your wife at work when you gave her the drugs? Probably not.
common sense

Hoosick Falls, NY

#8 Apr 8, 2011
Really wrote:
Oh my bad I forgot he had a prescription for the drugs they found him to be getting illegally. I must have missed that part. It's not like he needed them to relieve some kind of pain just once. Was your wife at work when you gave her the drugs? Probably not.
So if the cop had a prescription would that make it ok with you? The effects that everyone is harping on such as roid rages still can occur whether the steroids were prescribed or gotten illegally. Is that where you draw the line? as long as they were prescribed? I'm just trying to look at the whole thing with an open mind. Did this cop have rages while at work? ANy reports of excessive violance? It doesnt appear so. Apparently no one even suspected him so I'm guessing he didnt even look the part, never mind act the part. I heard he was on a public access show in Pittsfield with the chief talking about drugs. I would like to see that video to see if he was all muscled up. Yes it doesnt excuse that he used steroids as the text messages apparently inferred.
Really

Cobleskill, NY

#9 Apr 8, 2011
Good luck to you and your children. You must be another one of the cops on drugs. What role models not at all hypocrites. Dare to keep the police off of drugs.
Really

Cobleskill, NY

#10 Apr 8, 2011
By the way did you ever read about the girl in north Adams that gave her friend drugs and the friend overdosed? Do you know where she is now? So yes it is a crime to give your drugs away.
Bowlerkeepurcamp aignpromi

Pittsfield, MA

#11 Apr 8, 2011
Really wrote:
Good luck to you and your children. You must be another one of the cops on drugs. What role models not at all hypocrites. Dare to keep the police off of drugs.
so true and that is only what we know.Let us not forget certain PPD. Det. has a nephew who lives close to Morningside school along with another well known felon was busted last summer found with all kinds of pills, cocaine and guns. Both men wilth long criminal history since early teens. All charges I am told dropped. And here the kicker.... They are both actively selling again. I am told the only reason they got busted is because they were reported to an outside drug task force.
common sense

Hoosick Falls, NY

#12 Apr 8, 2011
I am not a police officer nor do I have children. I also do not condone police officers using drugs. My whole point was how society in general looks at steroids. I would much rather see that a cop used steroids rather than crack, coke or oxys. I'm just saying its a different kind of drug that society seems to tolerate
Really

Cobleskill, NY

#13 Apr 8, 2011
And I just don't see why cops should get special treatment when breaking the law. This one is just worse because the guy was specially trained along with his coworkers to get this stuff off the streets! You really believe no one knew anything except kirchner? He joined a drug ring and conspired with others to break the law, and boldly did so through text and email. And yet no court appearance, no lawyer fee, no loss of job. It's just ridiculous to argue that it's ok.
Bowlerkeepurcamp aignpromi

Pittsfield, MA

#14 Apr 8, 2011
Really wrote:
And I just don't see why cops should get special treatment when breaking the law. This one is just worse because the guy was specially trained along with his coworkers to get this stuff off the streets! You really believe no one knew anything except kirchner? He joined a drug ring and conspired with others to break the law, and boldly did so through text and email. And yet no court appearance, no lawyer fee,
no loss of job. It's just ridiculous to argue
that it's ok.
but just think about the credibility of Pittsfield Drug Task Force when they go to court for all their busts yet they did not have any knowledge of one of their members? After they explain all their training they had that makes them authorities on the subject. DA got a big job if any of these go to trial. I am hearing they all want a trial. What a nightmare and a tax payer expense. Let just watch how DA Capless handled this. Interesting would you not think?
Really

Chicopee, MA

#17 Apr 9, 2011
Common sense says that you can't compare a steroid using cop to a street drug dealer. I beg to differ. A civilian has not taken an oath to uphold the law but a cop on drugs has. He feels like he's glad the cop was using steroids. He thinks kirchner never shown violence. Shooting a man dead in the street is a little violent isn't it? But he has a badge so relax everybody it's ok. These badges we give out give the "officers of the law" carte Blanche to do whatever they want use drugs, have bar fights,have project street fights, sell drugs to inmates or coworkers. They say if there's no users there would be no dealers.....perhaps locking these guys up will solve some problems.
Pissed of Pittsfield

Pittsfield, MA

#18 Apr 9, 2011
Really! So very very true but most if them like any other addict...... Denial denial denial
common sense

Hoosick Falls, NY

#20 Apr 9, 2011
Really wrote:
Common sense says that you can't compare a steroid using cop to a street drug dealer. I beg to differ. A civilian has not taken an oath to uphold the law but a cop on drugs has. He feels like he's glad the cop was using steroids. He thinks kirchner never shown violence. Shooting a man dead in the street is a little violent isn't it? But he has a badge so relax everybody it's ok. These badges we give out give the "officers of the law" carte Blanche to do whatever they want use drugs, have bar fights,have project street fights, sell drugs to inmates or coworkers. They say if there's no users there would be no dealers.....perhaps locking these guys up will solve some problems.
Do you think he should be treated more harshly because he is a police officer? Now thats unfair. As for being violent and shooting someone......you have no clue. What is any police officer to do when an individual holds a knife to his girlfriends throat and then charges at the officer with the knife held at him? He did what he and every other officer is trained to do. It had nothing to do with being violent. Would you rather he ran away and let the guy run out into the street to attack an innocent bystander? You people really have blinders on to the reality police officers face. You watch to much TV. And no I am not a police officer but when I have needed them they have been there for me.
lol internet trolls

Clifton Park, NY

#22 Apr 10, 2011
Theuglysister wrote:
If your interested in reading a great story in the use of anabolic steroids
WWW.planetvalenti.com
Posted by another internet troll
Really

Cobleskill, NY

#25 Apr 10, 2011
lol internet trolls wrote:
<quoted text> Posted by another internet troll
You mean the guy who has true information before any one else cares to share?
dopes

Westminster, MA

#29 Apr 16, 2011
Really wrote:
By the way did you ever read about the girl in north Adams that gave her friend drugs and the friend overdosed? Do you know where she is now? So yes it is a crime to give your drugs away.
The woman that died from a drug overdose worked at the Brien center. She was an addict, abusing drugs and she died from an overdose. She worked at the Brien center. I'd say they both got what they deserved. But one would think that someone working at the Brien center would have some knowledge concerning substance abuse. She was abusing drugs she got illegally, and she died.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dracut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should an uninsured driver from NH be allowed t... (Aug '08) Sep 14 nhsnwboarder 101
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) Sep 14 Annie 17,800
High-profile lawyer to defend local mom in sex ... (Apr '08) Sep 14 vikky 15
Section 8 Fraud (Sep '08) Sep 12 Tony Stark 316
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Sep 11 whimmersmith 4,702
lowell crime stories as remebered by residents (Jul '08) Sep 11 former Lowell ... 673
Lowell woman indicted in ID thefts (Jun '09) Sep 5 sameoltricks 69
•••

Dracut News Video

•••
•••

Dracut Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Dracut People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••