on the front lines

There are 13 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Nov 21, 2010, titled on the front lines. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Sgt. 1st Class Kevin Robinson was 13 hours away from going home. His bags were packed and sent to the shipping containers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

Shield

Simsbury, CT

#2 Nov 21, 2010
Every day we'd go out, we were shot at," Robinson said.

Read more: http://www.lowellsun.com/ci_16673411#ixzz15vk...

That's what happen's when you drop the shield and replace the cup of water - with the sword of Goliath.

You can never be free.
Mike

Bronx, NY

#3 Nov 21, 2010
The united states dosnt care about it's soldiers, their only guineai pigs to make the country money that no soldier or their family will ever see, I would suggest no one ever join the u.s service
red

Winchester, MA

#4 Nov 21, 2010
I beleive there should be a draft or everyone should be required to serve. Maybe if more politicians kids served they would not be so quick to deploy someone else's. Also these guy's would not be extended time and time again. I'm 55 and if they would take me I would go I'm smarter then I was at 20 and if people live longer and were extending retirement age why not? What we are putting these guy's through is not right multiple deployments.
Turdfergerson

Dracut, MA

#5 Nov 21, 2010
Mike wrote:
The united states dosnt care about it's soldiers, their only guineai pigs to make the country money that no soldier or their family will ever see, I would suggest no one ever join the u.s service
Great comment. You just continue to enjoy the blanket of freedom that we provide. Puss bag.
citizen

Tyngsboro, MA

#6 Nov 21, 2010
They are serving for a country that is now forcing its law abiding citizens to allow the TSA to touch their private parts in order to board an airplane. Can you imagine the press if this had been started under the Bush administration??
fruit of the loom

Westford, MA

#7 Nov 21, 2010
citizen wrote:
They are serving for a country that is now forcing its law abiding citizens to allow the TSA to touch their private parts in order to board an airplane. Can you imagine the press if this had been started under the Bush administration??
Im so happy for ur imput you should go sit next to the next shoe bomber or some right wing nut trying to kill 4000 people were u on a nother planet 09/11 u should be thankful.
fruit of the loom

Westford, MA

#8 Nov 21, 2010
Turdfergerson wrote:
<quoted text>
Great comment. You just continue to enjoy the blanket of freedom that we provide. Puss bag.
he must be in the rainbow party and supports dont ask dont tell policies.
Baby Killas

Chelmsford, MA

#9 Nov 21, 2010
I don't find these things heroic to say the least. Don't give me that freedom BS either, they're not fighting for my freedom, they're fighting to keep the government free. Free from scrutiny.
BrotherO

Front Royal, VA

#11 Nov 21, 2010
Thanks Erin for capturing a real story about a true hero. The troops you wrote about while in Iraq are serving America because they believe in America and you were a big boost to their morale. You showed that citizens care about the troops, pushing politics aside. Thanks! And thanks to the Lowell Sun for standing up to support the troops by telling the Soldiers stories. We Soldiers thank you.
GSixM

Front Royal, VA

#12 Nov 21, 2010
Thank to the Lowell Sun for sticking up for the troops by publishing this! It's a great article about an American serving his country.
A proud American

Lowell, MA

#13 Nov 22, 2010
I want to thank all Military soldiers for their service.To fight without knowing who the enemy is and who isn't must be horrible.The cowards that started killed innocent people.These cowards hide their faces,hide behind the civilian population.They don't wear uniforms.We never hide from anybody we know our Navy,Army,Air Force because we are proud and I am proud to be an American and God Bless our military for being the brave soldiers they are!
Happy Thanks giving to them and their familys.
JoeBlow

Woburn, MA

#14 Nov 22, 2010
Thank you to all Military Soldiers and their family. I always support you. I hope all the soldier coming home soon.
BrotherO

Front Royal, VA

#15 Nov 22, 2010
Thanks "A Proud American" and the next one down the comment chain! This means a lot to us Soldiers to know you stand with us, regardless of politics. Have a great Thanksgiving. I'm thankful for people like you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dracut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Freedom of Thought, Belief and Religion 13 hr Wondering 46
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) 20 hr Sammigirl 17,849
News Ten charged in Lowell gang raids; weapons, drug... (Jul '08) May 21 former gang member 666
News Lowell man gets life for city murder (Mar '09) May 21 Killuminati 29
Review: Eblens Clothing & Footwear May 17 mike 1
News State social workers say caseloads are worsening May 16 DCF are Monsters 38
Dracut Schools Apr 28 Too little too laye 1
More from around the web

Dracut People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]