Grill is back on at Lowell's Cameo Diner, continuing family tra...

Full story: Lowell Sun 18
The familiar neon sign is lit again. After having been closed for six months, the Cameo Diner on Lakeview Avenue is once again serving the hearty breakfast for which it has been known for more than 50 years. Full Story
Estatic

Dracut, MA

#1 Dec 29, 2008
I'm so Happy the Cameo Diner is reopened!!! They're the BEST breakfast place around and with the MOST reasonable prices in these hard time's. It's nice to be able to go for a great breakfast at a reasonable price and socialize with nice people! You go Scott & Jenn!
Lowell resident

Billerica, MA

#2 Dec 29, 2008
Good Luck to the new owners. We will miss Scotty and Jan.
WHY

Lexington, MA

#3 Dec 29, 2008
Cameo, wow!
I am 33 and We always had our sunday breakfast there. The best food.
mink

Newburyport, MA

#4 Dec 29, 2008
Oh yea!!!
RealJake

Tewksbury, MA

#5 Dec 30, 2008
Welcome Back! See You Tomorrow!
Eddie

Chelmsford, MA

#6 Dec 30, 2008
Never saw such a resemblence on Dad and the lad till that second picture of Junior. You go scotty, you'll do well.
Dracut Retiree

Palm Bay, FL

#7 Dec 30, 2008
I am pleased to read they are carrying on for Scotty & Jan. I will make it a point to stop in for breafast when I return to the area.

Are they serving lunch as well?

Good Luck and Happy Retirement to Scotty and Jan.
long time lowellian

Boston, MA

#8 Dec 30, 2008
it's great cameo diner reopened, however, we need a good breakfast place to open on this side of the bridge after hours atleast on fri & sat nights.
Dracut Retiree

Palm Bay, FL

#9 Dec 30, 2008
I remember the great lunch specials that used to be listed on the board beside the grill, Ohhhhh I can taste that hambuger plate now with the gravy carefully spread all over the meat and mashed potato's, and the red jell-o with whipped cream served as a top off to a wonderful lunch!
Those were the days!! All this while listening to Scotty call for Charrrrleeen order ready!
Skinny Legs

Merrimac, MA

#10 Jan 2, 2009
Good to see the Cameo re-open.
Michele

Haverhill, MA

#11 Jan 6, 2009
So glad the diner is opened again! We missed everyone so much. It's part of our lives, not just breakfast.
Dracut Retiree

Palm Bay, FL

#12 Jan 15, 2009
Has anyone heard what Scotty & Jan are doing now?? Hope they are both well and enjoying retirement.

“"Offense" Wins Championships”

Since: Jul 08

Lowell

#13 Jan 15, 2009
Can't wait to grab a "crowd pleaser".
Phil Terrana

Virginia Beach, VA

#14 Jan 4, 2013
Haven't eaten at the Cameo since 1969 when it was owned by Charlie Luganus and the cook was Alfred "Boofie" Saucier. Would like any information from anyone familiar with this period.
philterrana@yahoo.com
Florida Retiree

Tampa, FL

#15 Jan 4, 2013
Who are the new owners? I thought Scotty's son and daughter-in-law were running the place?
Florida Retiree

Tampa, FL

#16 Jan 4, 2013
Last tme I had a breakast at the Owl Diner is was very bad and the service was even worse. Heard Rosie's is the Breafast place of choice these days.
LOwering the Bar

Andover, MA

#17 Jan 4, 2013
Florida Retiree wrote:
Last tme I had a breakast at the Owl Diner is was very bad and the service was even worse. Heard Rosie's is the Breafast place of choice these days.
I have to agree - overpriced, overrated, and overcrowded.
Sla

Lowell, MA

#18 Jan 4, 2013
Rosie's in North Chelmsford is the very best.
The Owl is no match for Rose's

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dracut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) Fri Wondering 17,802
Should an uninsured driver from NH be allowed t... (Aug '08) Sep 14 nhsnwboarder 101
High-profile lawyer to defend local mom in sex ... (Apr '08) Sep 14 vikky 15
Section 8 Fraud (Sep '08) Sep 12 Tony Stark 316
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Sep 11 whimmersmith 4,702
lowell crime stories as remebered by residents (Jul '08) Sep 11 former Lowell ... 673
Lowell woman indicted in ID thefts (Jun '09) Sep 5 sameoltricks 69
•••

Dracut News Video

•••
•••

Dracut Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Dracut People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••