'Staggering' need at food pantries

'Staggering' need at food pantries

There are 51 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Nov 23, 2010, titled 'Staggering' need at food pantries. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Siobhan LeBlanc stood yesterday morning with her 2-year-old son Jacoby, waiting for her number to be called at the Open Pantry.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Telmark

Chico, CA

#41 Nov 28, 2010
Leave it people like you to label the suggestion of helping out at your local food pantry as being "scrooge" like. How typical...

It's always "take, take, take" with the likes of you and your kind now isn't it?

Hope you and your kind had a great "Thanks taking" holiday.
only dracut being dracut

Quincy, MA

#42 Nov 28, 2010
Telmark wrote:
Leave it people like you to label the suggestion of helping out at your local food pantry as being "scrooge" like. How typical...
It's always "take, take, take" with the likes of you and your kind now isn't it?
Hope you and your kind had a great "Thanks taking" holiday.
being from california, you will eat your words soon.
let's hope the country is charitible enough to bail you out.
Odumma Bucks

Suwanee, GA

#43 Nov 28, 2010
only dracut being dracut wrote:
<quoted text>being from california, you will eat your words soon.
let's hope the country is charitible enough to bail you out.
Bailout Kalifornia?

Whith what, more Odumma bucks?

Furthermore, why?

Let the illegals and Dem-swine that have infested the cesspool and destroyed it's economy bail themselves out.
Odumma Bucks

Suwanee, GA

#44 Nov 28, 2010
Blip
TOMMYBOY

Daytona Beach, FL

#45 Nov 28, 2010
Telmark wrote:
Condoms are very cheap.
Besides, many County Health and Human Service Departments give them out for free.
Yes,they are,but they're a pain in the nick.Thankfully,I shoot blanks,but I do move around a lot.No bills,other than my own.
david

Lowell, MA

#46 Nov 28, 2010
they need id because many scumbags sell their food stamps for drug money and go from place to place looking for handouts pretending they werent there an hour ago
Telmark

United States

#47 Nov 28, 2010
only dracut being dracut wrote:
<quoted text>being from california, you will eat your words soon.
I, as an independent taxpayer, will leave CA before that ever happens.

Like I said before, I hope the likes of you and your mom "Janet" had a great "Thanks-Taking" holiday.
Frank

Brookline, MA

#48 Nov 29, 2010
You mean with ALL the taxes I pay there are still people going hungry in the United States? I can barely keep food on my table thanks to the heavy tax burden.

Sorry if I don't have much to donate.

Don't let anyone tell you the state is benevolent. It is pure evil. Most of the taxes are used to rob, steal, starve, and kill others.
SANDRA

AOL

#49 Nov 29, 2010
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure they give all of the food out to people who need it and probably to some that don't. If they give it to illegal immigrants it will just serve to encourage illegal immigration. It's not a perfect world. In a perfect world no one would go hungry. No one would take advantage of others.
you don't have to be a citizen to get food from any food pantry. Many illegal people receive food. I have worked at two food pantry and never has the question come up are you illegal. once a year you register and show an address. That's it!! These people deserve to be treated with respect and dignity. After all hunger doesn't pick who is to hungry. Show some kindness and human compassion. We learn very fast who really needs the food and who doesn't. NO ONE is denied food!!
Please contact your local food pantry and donate.
Happy Holidays to EVERYONE
SANDRA

AOL

#50 Nov 29, 2010
OOPS wrote:
<quoted text>
Well they are probably Illegal Aliens why else would they not have a social security card.
WE DON'T TURN anyone AWAY! NO SS CARD HAS TO BE SHOWN. I work at several food banks, Everyone is treated the same as they should be. PLEASE donate to your local food pantry.
SANDRA

AOL

#51 Nov 29, 2010
Ninja Out wrote:
In my opinion... I dont think anyone who is excepting state help should be allowed to have children. Its quite obvious that the more children you have the more money you receive. And I believe that is exactly what is happening in this state and every other state where this takes place. I feel bad for the children because they will grow up and have 5 babies and expect people like me to pay for them. They see mommy doing it so it must be ok. I give every year, I dont have much but I do what I can and I can only hope it reaches the people who are really in desperate need and not just looking for a handout because they are lazy or cant keep their legs closed.
I didn't know your name was Jesus Christ. He is the one who grants children to all people and he never gives more than we can handle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dracut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) 21 hr Bob KA-58 18,006
Billerica crim,e 70s 80s 90s (Jul '08) Wed bill 367
News Prostitution sweep nets at least nine arrests i... (Aug '09) Wed fred 269
lowell crime stories as remebered by residents (Jul '08) Aug 22 Lowell 765
why do girls lie about being pregnant? (Apr '09) Aug 18 truthhurts 26
Review: Fenway Rooms (Sep '13) Aug 17 losermuch 4
News 'WE ARE HOSTAGES': Broken elevator leaves elder... (Aug '09) Aug 15 harambe 11

Dracut Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dracut Mortgages