Dracut police officer injured in accident

Full story: Lowell Sun 15
Police and an ambulance were responding to 1145 Mammoth Road around 3:45 p.m. for an accident in which a police officer responding to a call hit a patch of black ice, lost control of his cruiser and crashed, according to police radio reports. Full Story
Barry

Conroe, TX

#1 Jan 14, 2011
Driving to fast for road conditions...write the cop up !!! thats what they do if you or i get in an accident....Oh i forgot this is a cop...above the law..
Anonymous

Lowell, MA

#2 Jan 14, 2011
Not above the law, he was responding to a call for help! Would you want him to drive 20 miles an hour if you were in desperate need? Seeing your from TX you have no idea what the road conditions are here in MA so wait for the full story before you make judgements.
hateloserswhomak eupthings

Tewksbury, MA

#3 Jan 14, 2011
Barry wrote:
Driving to fast for road conditions...write the cop up !!! thats what they do if you or i get in an accident....Oh i forgot this is a cop...above the law..
Can you please show me where it says he was driving to fast or did you just make that up!!!
The West Newton Kid

Marlborough, MA

#4 Feb 7, 2011
Needless to say; even if he didn't actually hit a patch of black ice; and the crash was simply a case of DLB (Driving Like a Boob); the good ol' black ice alibi helps another blueboy save face...
Ron

Tyngsboro, MA

#5 Feb 8, 2011
Driving too fast for conditions. A police officer can't help at the scene of a crime or traffic accident if he doesn't get there.

Slow down. You weren't responding to a murder.
Linda

Tyngsboro, MA

#6 Feb 8, 2011
hateloserswhomakeupthings wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you please show me where it says he was driving to fast or did you just make that up!!!
That is a busy stretch of roadway and perhaps hundreds of cars traveled on it without incident. The fact that there was an accident is proof the police officer was going too fast for the road conditions. The officer became part of the problem. Did the ambulance or backup cruisers crash in the same way?

Some cops can work for 30 years and never have an accident while others get in several in their career. You don't do any good unless you get there.

God bless the officers who protect us. All that is needed good equipment, proper training and common sense.
Union Made

Rome, NY

#7 Feb 8, 2011
Gotta love the anonymous, cop-bashing keyboard warriors that post on these forums. Pathetic morons who probably still live in their parent's basement and are still pissed about the latest ticket they received (which of course, was not their fault - cop was looking to fill the imaginary quota...). Wretched, gutless pukes, you make me sick...
The West Newton Kid

Marlborough, MA

#8 Feb 9, 2011
Union Made wrote:
Gotta love the anonymous, cop-bashing keyboard warriors that post on these forums. Pathetic morons who probably still live in their parent's basement and are still pissed about the latest ticket they received (which of course, was not their fault - cop was looking to fill the imaginary quota...). Wretched, gutless pukes, you make me sick...
Here we go again Folks......one of our faithful cop supporters jumping in with the usual argument......anyone who offers an opinion stating that a cop may be negligent or may have goofed up MUST BE living in their mother's basement and they MUST BE angry about a speeding ticket that they deserved; they fought and they lost.....

You would think that they could come up with some new material; instead of using the same pathetic and stale comments..
Linda

Tyngsboro, MA

#9 Feb 9, 2011
Union Made wrote:
If saying an ambulance attendant, fireman or police officer should drive carefully makes me a keyboard warrior than what has the world come to? I have been driving 46 years without receiving a ticket. My grandson is a police officer. I want all the officers to be safe so they can perform their duties.
Adam

Tyngsboro, MA

#10 Feb 9, 2011
There is a minor car accident. A cop is dispatched but "lost control of his cruiser and crashed". Job well done! Outstanding police work! Bravo!

We have all had police fly by us like maniacs only to find out they were responding to a routine parking lot fender bender. Most police demonstrate self control but there are always a few who respond to every call like they are headed to a murder in progress. They should be retrained.

Drive according to road conditions. Thank God the officer didn't kill anyone.
The West Newton Kid

Marlborough, MA

#11 Feb 9, 2011
The cops typically get pretty creative when it comes to dodging any reponsibility for their errors; or for admitting any fault whatsoever; no matter what the circumstances are.

A great example of this just happened in Framingham Mass earlier this year. A SWAT Team barged into the apartment of an innocent and unarmed 68 year old man in a botched attempt to nab two low level petty drug dealers. And, one of the SWAT Team Members managed to shoot the 68 year old man to death; for no reason at all. Now, common sense tells all of us that the police statement should be something along the lines of: One of our SWAT Team Members grossly overeacted to the situation he made a grave error in judgement; resulting in the death of an innocent man. But, in typical police fashion, the statement to the pubic was more along the lines of "a firearm somehow discharged". This halfa$$ed excuse places the blame squarely on the firearm; and not on the dimwit who pulled the trigger.

Again, the cops are very skilled at dodging any responsibility for much of anything. After all; they are the ones filling out the accident reports and the police reports......
Union Made

Rome, NY

#12 Feb 13, 2011
Don't like cops? Next time you need help call a crackhead...
The West Newton Kid

Marlborough, MA

#13 Feb 15, 2011
Union Made wrote:
Don't like cops? Next time you need help call a crackhead...
Actually, sometimes a cop and a crack head is one in the same. A 5 yesr veteran of the Plattesville Wisconsin PD; Michelle Salentine 28 years old; admitted to smoking crack on duty 4 times to 6 times a week for a year. The FBI is investigating....

Thanks for bringing up crack and cops in the same conversation...

And; speaking of all of that; isn't it common knowledge that a Dracut cop or two was dealing in large amounts of stolen marijuana?

Don't be so quick to take the stand that someone is either a cop or a drug dealer; or even a drug user. It is not unheard of for a cop to be involved in any of those activities.....
Union Made

Rome, NY

#14 Feb 15, 2011
Oh my, 1 out of 900,000+? Yea, I'd say that's almost an epidemic... You don't like cops, we get that. Don't be so quick to bash though. You don't have anything positive to say? Don't say anything at all. No one gives a sh*t about your opinion anyway. Now go have yourself a nice day "Kid"...
The West Newton Kid

Marlborough, MA

#15 Feb 16, 2011
Union Made wrote:
Oh my, 1 out of 900,000+? Yea, I'd say that's almost an epidemic... You don't like cops, we get that. Don't be so quick to bash though. You don't have anything positive to say? Don't say anything at all. No one gives a sh*t about your opinion anyway. Now go have yourself a nice day "Kid"...
I agree that crack use is not a problem with the majority of our nation's lawmen.

But, drugs, cash and guns missing from police evidence rooms is something that is 1) not unusual. and 2) typically results in no charges being filed against the criminal cops involved.

Apparently, we saw this very thing play out right here in beautiful Dracut Mass. A similar case was just exposed down in Lawrenceville Georgia. There, 3 kilos of cocaine somehow just vanished while stored in a police evidence room; along with some marijuana and some pills. And, low and behold no one is going to be held accountable!(Again, very similar to what happened here in Dracut). Apparently down in Georgia; the video tapes that showed the cops going in and out of this evidence room were "accidently destroyed".

In typical police fashion; no charges will be filed against the wrongdoing (criminal) cops involved; but the police promised to tighten things up in the future.

I have said it many many times before: To those of you who are seriously considering going into illegal drug trafficking; it would be wise to become a lawman first. That way you will have easy access to illegal drugs. And even if you are caught; you will most likely not face the same consequences as you would if you were not a cop. Again, this has apparently been proven right here in Dracut!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dracut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
South Tewksbury is an eye sore (Aug '11) 13 hr donna 10
Woman Sues Over Having To Buy 2 Plane Seats (Feb '06) Sat Angry White Unite... 312
High-profile lawyer to defend local mom in sex ... (Apr '08) Dec 19 laxman 16
Jessica Krutuleski (Oct '12) Dec 19 concerned 28
Tricking men for a meal ticket (Jan '10) Dec 18 guest 9
mazmatrix (Jun '08) Dec 18 Maza 748
Maza Dec 18 Maza 4

Dracut News Video

Dracut Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Dracut People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Dracut News, Events & Info