A toddler, alone in the pouring rain. Lowell councilor had to act

Full story: Lowell Sun 61
It was a raw November morning, the temperature hovering at 50 degrees, with a heavy rain falling. Full Story
latinlady

United States

#50 Nov 18, 2009
iam glad the baby is alright but he needs to be taken away this person is not a mother she is a piece of trash who only care about the money and how she will get it and to think she is having another child who will suffer the same neglect or worse god help them
samsmom

Danvers, MA

#51 Nov 18, 2009
mad wrote:
Is this election year?
Yeah the election was WEEKS AGO!!!!
ohno

Redwood City, CA

#53 Nov 18, 2009
lol wrote:
http://www.myspace.com/cana_ma risol_silva
that is not a very flattering picture. she doesn't have much of a figure.
Steve

Montgomery, AL

#54 Nov 18, 2009
to

sla. Unlike you, I try to look at all the angles of a story and see if I can't see through the BS a little.

Never once have I ever told someone to shut up for expressing their opinion the way you did.

Remember, on this topic, you hurled the first insult and I may not hold back this time on you.
Steve

Montgomery, AL

#55 Nov 18, 2009
sla wrote:
Steve, get over it the election is over, Rita did what had to be done, I really dont think she did that to get her name in the papper, She did what any decent person would of done, she is always helping people in need, so shut up and stop being a wienner, have a nice day,
Have you ever heard of a period? This is one long run on sentence that doesn't end. You must be a moron.
janschins

Billerica, MA

#56 Nov 18, 2009
Scrooge wrote:
I would have left the kid there to die in order to decrease the surplus population.
You are a complete idiot! Good thing you live in America otherwise you would've been beaten or even better, killed for saying that. I hope you never have any children. You probably are one that tortures animals for kicks. You are one sick f---!
Eye For The Truth

AOL

#57 Nov 18, 2009
Steve wrote:
I do think it's possible that someone else would help.
The difference is if it was me or you it wouldn't have made the papers. Because it was Rita it was made sure she would get publicity out of it.
I disagree Steve. Yes, probably someone else would help, but I think it would make the paper. I see a number of stories of good samaratins that go out of their way to help. Most are not City Officials.
C-Js

Lowell, MA

#58 Nov 18, 2009
Disturbing where is DSS?
hi hater

Marcus Hook, PA

#59 Nov 18, 2009
lowelliswack wrote:
marisol silva is a horrible mother..dss needs to take her child away..marisol and her sisters were also in dss so what does that have to say about her family.this is also the mother who got her son a lineup at 9 months and has had numerous surgeries on his head over the 2 years of his life...poor baby!the father is actually a very good father and is not the boyfriend mention!
I guess you would feel that way since the father is ur brother. Things happen in life that we all have regrets about maybe ur son or daughter never let himself out the house and thank god for that but look into ur dark closet and I'm sure there are somethings that I. Can make a story about but I'm better then that and as far as me respond back to u on this I'm better then that

Since: Jul 08

Lowell

#60 Nov 18, 2009
Steve wrote:
I do think it's possible that someone else would help.
The difference is if it was me or you it wouldn't have made the papers. Because it was Rita it was made sure she would get publicity out of it.
I agree 100%. Yes, it was nice of her - but you are right - it more than likely would not have made the papers in the manner it did. I like rita - so don't take it that I am bashing her - I am agreeing with this person because it is truthful. Even if it were another person like good ol Bud - yeah he would have done it and it probably would have been front page news too
Steve

Lowell, MA

#61 Nov 18, 2009
janschins wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a complete idiot! Good thing you live in America otherwise you would've been beaten or even better, killed for saying that. I hope you never have any children. You probably are one that tortures animals for kicks. You are one sick f---!
janschins,

giving the quote and the screen name, I'm pretty sure it's a joke. Get it?
Steve

Lowell, MA

#62 Nov 18, 2009
Actually, I remember a very similar incident some years back.

It was rush hour and I remember seeing a very young child, no more than 3 I would say out on the sidewalk alone on a tricycle. The area was right before the Franco American School.

A cop was on the scene and stopped the child and must have been calling around.

I did not see anything in the paper about a neglected child that was roaming the streets in a very busy area at a busy time.
janschins

Billerica, MA

#63 Nov 20, 2009
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
janschins,
giving the quote and the screen name, I'm pretty sure it's a joke. Get it?
Possibly Steve, However, I find no humor in that comment he made. Thanks for your response.
Shaquan Strickland

Lowell, MA

#64 Nov 30, 2009
Hello, i would first like to start off by saying to the teens of My generation think before you make desicon to have children..Second of all, i would like to thanks Ms.Rita Mercier From the BOttom of my heart,most may not know but that child He's name is Darnel Keymony Strickland. He is MY 2years old do to difficulty with his mother i dont have my child..I have fought mulitple times for he's safety also well being.My family and I have filed 51A muiltiple times..Im hoping this can help,will help so if anyone have any suggestion and type of a conclusion please contact me At keymony89@gmail.com
Shaquan Strickland

Lowell, MA

#65 Nov 30, 2009
lowelliswack wrote:
marisol silva is a horrible mother..dss needs to take her child away..marisol and her sisters were also in dss so what does that have to say about her family.this is also the mother who got her son a lineup at 9 months and has had numerous surgeries on his head over the 2 years of his life...poor baby!the father is actually a very good father and is not the boyfriend mention!
Idk who this is whom this may comcern but i thank you for acknowlege My father skill toward my Child..My name is Shaquan Keymony Im the father of Darnel keymony Stricklnad 2yrs old toddler in this topic..I been up & down with Marisol for my son well being nothing has came from the sitution i tryed court..dss.nothing i just want my child..also to the teens of my generation please wait to have kids we have our lives ahaead of us.MOst importanly thank you Ms.Rita Mercier thanks u so much ur a blessing from god
Marisol silva

United States

#68 Apr 9, 2012
its going on 3 years since the accident my child just turned 5 january 23rd I am a proud proud mother this is my first child I don't have any more is been 3 years and I am now to just look at all of the comments I would definitely first start off in thanking rita for finding him there is a lot of on true stories going around about me in my child no 1 knows exactly how things happened well I am here to explain exactly how things happen darnell was 2 years old just learned how to open doors he was in the house with me his godmother and my boyfriend at the time I was getting up to make him breakfast when I got to the other end of the house I noticed my door was open and darnell was not there when I ran outside I noticed a white female holding my child my first instinct was to grab my child and run inside not saying thanks not saying anything basically yelling at her and running into my house maybe if I would of said thank you and then polite about it she would've never went too far extreme she called channel 7 news I have them at my door she called dss I HAD hundreds of people outside my door wanting to fight me its rediculous I am a proud single mother I take care of my child by myself and he was born with abscess on the left side of his temple that had nothing to do with me so you can stop on the line with your bullshit comments shaquan my son is a very very very well taken care of I have videos plenty of pictures to prove it you can sit down and have a 1 on 1 conversation with my child and he will tell you how grateful and thankful I am of him darnells father has not been in the picture he is what you call a part time father my son is 5 years old and that kid has never once bout my son anything please people stop judging me and stop saying rude ignorant things about me I am not what you think I am I am a very strong independent female I have a 5 year old child that I take care of by myself he is a very very healthy boy never miss a physical extremely smart healthy boy and yes I am very proud to call myself a mother a good 1 at that I just had 1 mistake and that's not locking my door this is my first child I am I able to have a little bit mistakes here in there not to that extreme to wear it was now I am very well aware of my surroundings thanks everyone for taking your time to read this post god bless em please take care
sla

AOL

#69 Apr 9, 2012
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever heard of a period? This is one long run on sentence that doesn't end. You must be a moron.
Yea you have one every month.
sarah sanders

Lowell, MA

#70 Oct 29, 2013
she is an unfit mother
unknown

Lowell, MA

#72 Oct 29, 2013
ive known shaquan for a while and he is a very good father to all his kids. im praying for him to get costudy of darnell keymony strickland. marisol silva smokes weed in front of her child and bring numours guys in and out in her home. she lives on high st. she also has dss invold plenty of times. please somebody help that poor child, darnell dont need someone like her. she puts guy before her son. ive know marisol for a few years i went to school with her at the malloy and everyone warn shaquan about her but i guess he was blind to see...
unknown

Lowell, MA

#73 Oct 30, 2013
marisol is an unfit mother.who sell her body on appleton st. she also fuck the landlord for rent because she takes the money and spend it on weed and coke. marisol cana silva shount be a mother to darnell keymony strickland. ive known her for 7 years and was in foster home with her and her sister. she also known as a drama queen. she even calls the cope on her baby daddy for no apperance reason just to get attention. i hope shaquan gets costudy of his son soon if not the baby would end up dead.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dracut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lowell crime stories as remebered by residents (Jul '08) 2 hr pattys67 688
South Tewksbury is an eye sore (Aug '11) Sun donna 10
Woman Sues Over Having To Buy 2 Plane Seats (Feb '06) Sat Angry White Unite... 312
High-profile lawyer to defend local mom in sex ... (Apr '08) Dec 19 laxman 16
Jessica Krutuleski (Oct '12) Dec 19 concerned 28
Tricking men for a meal ticket (Jan '10) Dec 18 guest 9
mazmatrix (Jun '08) Dec 18 Maza 748

Dracut News Video

Dracut Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Dracut People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Dracut News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dracut