Where are Lowell's most haunted places?

Posted in the Dracut Forum

First Prev
of 41
Next Last

“Do I care? NO!”

Since: Jan 08

Lowell, MA

#2 Jun 24, 2008
I used to live on christian hill. Where is that?
SeymoreButts

Lexington, MA

#3 Jun 24, 2008
Dudley Road of course Billerica/Bedford
Grossed Out

Lowell, MA

#4 Jun 24, 2008
LowellBigMouth wrote:
Christian Hill's Sailor boy? Is that place still haunted?
Shaw Hospital.

“Do I care? NO!”

Since: Jan 08

Lowell, MA

#6 Jun 24, 2008
SeymoreButts wrote:
Dudley Road of course Billerica/Bedford
That was where the nuns were murdered and raped. It's a creepy place at night.
Grossed Out

Lowell, MA

#7 Jun 24, 2008
SeymoreButts wrote:
Dudley Road of course Billerica/Bedford
That was my first thought, but the headline said Lowell, so I didn't mention the nunery! Is that place still there?

“Do I care? NO!”

Since: Jan 08

Lowell, MA

#8 Jun 24, 2008
Does anyone know where freedom woods is?

“You can't kill rock-n-roll”

Since: Jun 08

AOL

#9 Jun 24, 2008
Lowell Memorial Audotorium is haunted also. I worked there years ago and when we had to work at night to set up for a show some weird things would go on, there was even a couple times we lost a new person because of it. One of those people just ran out the backstage doors and didn't come back.

“Do I care? NO!”

Since: Jan 08

Lowell, MA

#11 Jun 24, 2008
LowellBigMouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Big White house on Beacon St., supposedly a little boy in a sailor suit haunts the house and plays with the yougner children that live there, anybody else know this story?
Oh. The house I used to live in was haunted. I know...people are going to think I'm crazy. But its located across from the robinson school. My roommate and I were home alone one night. We were watching this show one night and all of a sudden her son's firetruck comes rolling down the hall towards us. Now...the hallway is carpeted and there was no way in hell that car just rolled on its own. We freaked out and left.
Grossed Out

Lowell, MA

#12 Jun 24, 2008
Sanny wrote:
<quoted text>
That was where the nuns were murdered and raped. It's a creepy place at night.
Yuck, I knew it was a nunnery, but I didn't know they were raped and murdered. No wonder its so creepy!

“Do I care? NO!”

Since: Jan 08

Lowell, MA

#13 Jun 24, 2008
Grossed Out wrote:
<quoted text>
That was my first thought, but the headline said Lowell, so I didn't mention the nunery! Is that place still there?
It's still there. I used to go there all the time when I was younger just to get that thrill of seeing something. Only thing I saw were the lights flicking on and off.

“Do I care? NO!”

Since: Jan 08

Lowell, MA

#14 Jun 24, 2008
LowellBigMouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that story documented and if so what happened?
I copied this off a site. You can actually google it and it'll give you more stories on that location.

"there is an abandoned insane asylum back in the woods. You can hear screams and chains while walking down the path. Reports of being followed home & haunted by these spirits. November 2003 Update: The story behind Dudley Rd is that there was a Nunnery on the Rd and 3 Nuns were hung for practicing witch craft. And you can now see them haunting the Rd. There is a house that was built on the Rd where the witches were hung and had to be abandoned months later because the house began to sink. The house is still there and in oddly in the ground up to the second floor windows. Every year it sinks a little more."

“Do I care? NO!”

Since: Jan 08

Lowell, MA

#15 Jun 24, 2008
Grossed Out wrote:
<quoted text>
Yuck, I knew it was a nunnery, but I didn't know they were raped and murdered. No wonder its so creepy!
Yeah. I never knew that either. I'm actually really into this kind of stuff. I looked it up and found out what really happened. It's sad.
The nerve

United States

#16 Jun 24, 2008
LowellBigMouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that story documented and if so what happened?
We used to go there all the time to party.
Legend has it, that there was a mental hosptial down there also. Patient broke out and hung 3 nuns from that famous scary tree you drive by.
There are a bunch of new houses down that street and for some reason it's just not a scary place anymore with all the new homes and landscaping.
But, drive down there in the winter, EVERY single house on that road all have the SAME wreath's on their houses. I thought that was weird, until I found out that there's a tree farm down there.
he he.
dudley Rd

Chelmsford, MA

#17 Jun 24, 2008
We use to drive down that road at night, from Bedford into Billerica. I remember there was a tree somewhere along that way, that if you shine the headlights on it or a flashlight a certain way, you could see the face of a nun in the tree.

we called it the nun tree and it scared the ^($%( out of us...

GOOD TIMES
haunt me-haunt you

United States

#18 Jun 24, 2008
Edgerly house on Beacon Street in Christian Hill...

Since: May 08

Hometown: Lowell, Ma

#19 Jun 24, 2008
ok got the right thread now

I hung out in the christian hill area and the Edgerly house was suppose to be hunted. The house was right on the corner of beacon street and another that seems to slip my mind. I went to grammar school with the kid that lived there and supposedly his father killed him mother and they never found her head of something.
Grossed Out

Lowell, MA

#21 Jun 24, 2008
LowellBigMouth wrote:
I lived in a house on Forst park Rd in Dracut, i used to hear pounding on the cieling & saw shadows running down the hall, I used to get my hair pulled when I was sleeping, no one else in the room. Glad I don't live there anymore!
I live right down the street from Forest Park. Which house is it. My kids hang out with kids who live on that road!!!

“Do I care? NO!”

Since: Jan 08

Lowell, MA

#22 Jun 24, 2008
Isn't the wang school haunted? I think I heard there was an old military hospital in the back that had sunk underground...

Anyone know that story?
Grossed Out

Lowell, MA

#23 Jun 24, 2008
The nerve wrote:
<quoted text>
We used to go there all the time to party.
Legend has it, that there was a mental hosptial down there also. Patient broke out and hung 3 nuns from that famous scary tree you drive by.
There are a bunch of new houses down that street and for some reason it's just not a scary place anymore with all the new homes and landscaping.
But, drive down there in the winter, EVERY single house on that road all have the SAME wreath's on their houses. I thought that was weird, until I found out that there's a tree farm down there.
he he.
I went there a few times, but never saw anything. Just the fact that you were near it was enough to scare me!

“Confidence is S.M.E.X.Y!!!”

Since: May 08

Lowell, MA

#24 Jun 24, 2008
The nerve wrote:
<quoted text>
We used to go there all the time to party.
Legend has it, that there was a mental hosptial down there also. Patient broke out and hung 3 nuns from that famous scary tree you drive by.
There are a bunch of new houses down that street and for some reason it's just not a scary place anymore with all the new homes and landscaping.
But, drive down there in the winter, EVERY single house on that road all have the SAME wreath's on their houses. I thought that was weird, until I found out that there's a tree farm down there.
he he.
My husband's cousin was soo wrecked, she climbed up the tree where the nuns where hung, and hung off of it also, like up side down and she had very long black hair...when she was yelling and screaming for all of us to look at her, IDK what happened, she feel and landed on her head. Had to rush her to the hospital afterward...we still laugh about it until now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 41
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dracut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woman Sues Over Having To Buy 2 Plane Seats (Feb '06) 7 hr Angry White Unite... 312
High-profile lawyer to defend local mom in sex ... (Apr '08) Fri laxman 16
Jessica Krutuleski (Oct '12) Fri concerned 28
Tricking men for a meal ticket (Jan '10) Dec 18 guest 9
mazmatrix (Jun '08) Dec 18 Maza 748
Maza Dec 18 Maza 4
Jobseeker Dec 15 Reda 2

Dracut News Video

Dracut Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Dracut People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Dracut News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dracut

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:18 pm PST