Child-molestation charges are dropped against Dracut man

Full story: Lowell Sun

A 44-year-old Dracut man who was cleared last year of raping a 3-year-old girl is a free man after unresolved child-molestation charges were dropped.
Comments
1 - 20 of 22 Comments Last updated Friday Jun 27
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
WHAT

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2009

do not beleive that for one minute has no right even horsing around like that
Frank

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2009

Wait, he admitted he did it and the charges were dropped?
Awesome

Tewksbury, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2009

LOSER. It terrible to say but he will do it again to another child. Good job Commonwealth.
wrong person

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2009

This is some bull$shit he should be behind bars,people like him never change he's just gonna do it to another poor child.Why is it people like this always get second to third chance's,after the first one that should tell you something he has a problem & he is a pig.I have two sons 4 & 1 and if something like this happend to one of them you best believe i'll take justice into my own hands.....
wtf

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2009

i swear there is something in the water or the milk in dracut everyone is going insane.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2009

Steve Bailey is a child molester. He got away with it many times. Unbelievable. He molested his niece and his own daughter. I know this because his own daughter told me herself what he did to her and the niece. His daughter at the time was only 8 years old. I reported it to the Dracut Police Department in 2003, and they did nothing. I know this man personally and anyone who has children should keep them away from him. He may not get what he deserves now, but later in life he will get caught. How many children have to suffer at the hands of this pedophile before he is locked away? Steve Bailey you will get what you got coming someday. You watch and see!!!
Laura

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2009

If he was the child's mother, father or immediate family member it may have been percieved differently. A bad judgement call on this mans behalf but if
repeated then....we could have a pedifile
Laura

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2009

Acre Girl if this is true Steve Bailey must be stopped!!!
The kids will suffer ramifications their entire lives!!! People
just don't realize how serious this behavior is and clearly
his wife is in denial!!!

God I hope someone stops this man before he rapes a child and ruins their life!!
shocked

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2009

now it's against the law to play with kids?
the mother needs to be shot
family guy

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2009

come on over little boy want some candy?
Keep Out

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2009

wtf wrote:
i swear there is something in the water or the milk in dracut everyone is going insane.
That is why I keep out of Dracut, Too many strange loony's!
anoymous

Hollis, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2009

Lowell Acre Girl wrote:
Steve Bailey is a child molester. He got away with it many times. Unbelievable. He molested his niece and his own daughter. I know this because his own daughter told me herself what he did to her and the niece. His daughter at the time was only 8 years old. I reported it to the Dracut Police Department in 2003, and they did nothing. I know this man personally and anyone who has children should keep them away from him. He may not get what he deserves now, but later in life he will get caught. How many children have to suffer at the hands of this pedophile before he is locked away? Steve Bailey you will get what you got coming someday. You watch and see!!!
I hope some day his daughter and niece press charges on this pig. Why would the police ignore their statements ? These girls should go directly to the courts and see if they can stop him and make him pay for what he did to them. Wish you strength and luck.
victimsnotbeingh eard

Lawrence, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2009

I blame the police and the DA's office! They are always worried about the defendant and their rights instead of the victims. Victims are f** over 2x. This is why so many ppl keep this stuff to themselves because nothing is ever done by the one who are suppose to protect and serve us! The DA's office is the worst and don't expect a call back or support from some of the victim witness advocates. The only ppl who support you is the Rape Crisis Center other than that you're on your own. You need an attorney for your attorney (DA).
Babe

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2009

Who is the girls father? he needs to step up to the plate and take this man down.
sickened

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2009

My daughter was molested when she was 10 by a pig like him!(ironically his name is Steve too) He never served a day in jail. He plead guilty to sufficient facts and was put on probation for 3 years and had to register as a sex offender for 20. It has now been 12 years since this happened and it's as raw today as it was then. I see this pig frequently and believe me it's very hard to contain myself. I just have to keep reminding myself that I don't want to go to jail.

I hope everyone realizes how dangerous this jerk is...keep your children under close watch!!!
All the pieces

Mansfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2009

In a situation like this, all the pieces must come together perfectly, like a puzzle. Unfortunately, the police and DA's only hold a few of the pieces and it takes more than that to convict no matter how dedicated they are. If you want to blame someone, blame the defense attorney and the games and ploys to delay and delay. Blame the courts and their ridiculous rulings. Karma is a bitch.
Kevin

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2009

All the pieces wrote:
In a situation like this, all the pieces must come together perfectly, like a puzzle. Unfortunately, the police and DA's only hold a few of the pieces and it takes more than that to convict no matter how dedicated they are. If you want to blame someone, blame the defense attorney and the games and ploys to delay and delay. Blame the courts and their ridiculous rulings. Karma is a ****.
Multiple witness, history of this type of behavior, physical evidence and you cannot make a case. Sounds like incompetence to me, pure and simple. What do they need a videotape, and a signed confession?
Andrew

Mansfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2009

The court filters what the jury can hear. It's not up to the police or the da. That is the problem. This is true. Very frustrating.
tay

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

hes a sick bastard who manipulates and terrifies children and hurts them over and over again. he doesn't deserve to be alive. and i hope one day ill get to spit in his face! hes wrecked many peoples lives he should be punished for what he is DOING.
Andrea

Nashua, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Friday Jun 27

When is the Judicial system going to realize he is a repeat offender??!! He has ruined so so many children's lives. He needs to rot in jail!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dracut Discussions

Search the Dracut Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Low Frequency Hum - Industrial Noise? (Mar '10) 7 hr Zoelle 46
Tewksbury playground closed for summer renovations 16 hr Stan T 2
Council seeks cost of teaching immigrants 19 hr Demopukes Are Idiots 1
Ayer man jailed for stabbing girlfriend (Mar '10) Wed Craig 87 12
Jessica Krutuleski (Oct '12) Wed Not a Fan 24
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Tue John 4,692
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) Jul 20 Ruth Lowell MA 17,784
•••
•••