All 19 Sleep HealthCenters clinics close abruptly

Jan 25, 2013 Full story: Boston.com

Sleep HealthCenters, a for-profit chain of sleep clinics mostly in New England, abruptly closed this week, leaving some patients who showed up for appointments facing locked doors and a closure notice citing "circumstances beyond our control." The Boston-based company has been struggling financially, in large part because more of the diagnostic ... (more)

Full Story
Skyler

Arlington, MA

#1 Jan 26, 2013
Please don't blame the back office employees. I know some of them and they are hard workers who had nothing to do with the shady dealings of the management. Over the past year the workers received a salary cut, and these are not high-paying jobs. Their salaries were also frozen so no one got raises. The next thing to happen was that employees didn't get paid on time. They were only told about the closing in a teleconference at 5:00 p.m the day of the closing. They were not thanked for their service. They were told they would get their pay checks and vacation pay right away. Hasn't happened. They haven't received a termination package of info such as what to do about their 401k. . Their medical insurance stops on Jan 31. The owner of the company should at the very least be investigated. His CFO and best friend is already in jail. That's where he belongs too. I'm fed up with the greed in this country. In this case it hurt clients, many of them elderly, and employees alike. The CEO should not be allowed to get off because he has a tricky lawyer.
Malden resident

United States

#2 Jan 26, 2013
Does this include the centers in Medford and Beverly
former employee

Duxbury, MA

#3 Jan 27, 2013
Malden resident wrote:
Does this include the centers in Medford and Beverly
Yes, it affects all locations. Call your PCP or the doctor who referred you for suggestions.
Boston gal

Plainsboro, NJ

#4 Jan 29, 2013
Sounds like some bad business antics. What really went on?
TkBoston

Malden, MA

#5 Jan 31, 2013
Corporate America wins again

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dracut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City police release list of 'significant' wante... 16 hr ggfghf 1
Review: Dracut's Car Connection (Aug '09) Oct 18 ooh right 21
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) Oct 18 Scott Anderson 17,810
Ex-worker indicted in Tyngsboro church theft (Jun '10) Oct 16 bmc7175 122
Jessica Krutuleski (Oct '12) Oct 15 TheRealBabysMom 27
my wife refuses to get a job! (Aug '09) Oct 15 Entertained 173
lowell crime stories as remebered by residents (Jul '08) Oct 14 missy12090 677

High Wind Warning for Middlesex County was issued at October 22 at 9:40PM EDT

Dracut News Video

Dracut Dating