Town to mull $61M upgrade

Jan 14, 2011 Read more: Lowell Sun
If voters approve a project to renovate Dracut High School, it would be the largest and costliest in the town's recent history. Read more
resident

Boston, MA

#1 Jan 14, 2011
Bring it to the voters and let them decide. Sounds like a good idea.
Palo

Woburn, MA

#2 Jan 17, 2011
resident wrote:
Bring it to the voters and let them decide. Sounds like a good idea.
better idea than the Lowell City. Those Lowell City Counselor decide whatever they want.
Bob

Newark, NJ

#3 Jan 18, 2011
For thee 1200 high school students, the cost is $ 50,000 per student. Dracut, your a very generour town. Have you considered using some existing vacant space...?
Dracut resident

Lowell, MA

#4 Jan 22, 2011
Bob, When you are computing with the figure of 1200 students, you are talking about just the current high school students. This project is not just for the current students. It is for those students and future students that will follow them. Dracut needs to provide for the future and the current building needs to be updated to meet the demands of today's educational needs. As far as existing vacant space within the high school, I am unaware of any vacant space. In fact Dracut is renting portable space!
Dracut resident

Lowell, MA

#5 Jan 22, 2011
Before people overreact, I don't know why the Lowell Sun site listed Chelmsford MA. I am a Dracut resident and this was emailed from a Dracut home computer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dracut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News State education chief recommends state takeover... Tue Tammy 4
Spike in drug overdoses lead to call for more M... Tue DonnaMarie 1
lowell crime stories as remebered by residents (Jul '08) Tue chlyn 703
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) Mar 30 varnum 560 17,828
Jessica Krutuleski (Oct '12) Mar 29 amazed by crazy 47
Section 8 Fraud (Sep '08) Mar 28 youlotrcruel 326
Should woman on welfare be required to be on bi... (Oct '09) Mar 28 youlotrcruel 27
More from around the web

Dracut People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]