Worst places to drive in Alexandria
Posted in the Doyline Forum
#1 Jul 20, 2013
What are the worst intersections and streets to drive on in Alexandria? These are by far the worst I've seen...
1) Heyman & 28 West: You only get about 5 seconds if you are in the turning lane and if you stop on yellow the people behind you will blow the horn and get angry.
2) Cloverleaf & 28 West: If you live in grundy cooper it's the easiest way to get across the highway to Wal-Mart, but the light only stays green for a second and the cars turning left to leave the city will cut you off even though you have the right of way.
3) MacArthur service roads: It's a pain in the neck to use these service roads to get back on the highway. You have 4 way intersections. Both sides have a stop sign, the other has the right of way, and then you have to wait on the light to change after you finally make it past the stop signs.
4) Dorchester & Jackson: It's the intersection where house of flowers and good year service shop are located. If you are in the left hand turning lane - good luck! There are no turning light arrows here and no one usually gives you the right of way either.
5) Twin bridges & Jackson: It's a very busy 4 way intersection "controlled" by stop signs. In the afternoon traffic is backed up bad here. The city has been talking about doing something about the problem for years now but it is yet to be dealt with. I avoid this intersection.
Add your comments below
|who do you want to be the next rapides parish s... (Mar '11)||18 hr||Hershe Willmson||19,908|
|Probate / Estate attorney (Apr '13)||Thu||Nodameen||12|
|Speed Trap Alert! SB560 Establishes the mayor's...||Apr 14||Skillet||1|
|anyone nearby ??||Apr 13||Stunt Dawg||1|
|Doug Selman (Sep '14)||Apr 9||newchild||6|
|Mirror Room "Ready to go."||Apr 8||Skillet||1|
|Alexandria council OKs Coliseum deal||Apr 8||Skillet||3|
Find what you want!
Search Doyline Forum Now
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC