Bedridden woman dies in Doylestown fire

Bedridden woman dies in Doylestown fire

There are 14 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jan 29, 2008, titled Bedridden woman dies in Doylestown fire. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

A woman confined to her bed died in a fire that gutted a ranch home in Doylestown earlier today, fire officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

bbk

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Jan 29, 2008
she was probably smoking in bed and dropped her cigarette and could not get it.
christina

Northbrook, IL

#2 Jan 29, 2008
Took 5 minutes for fire dept to get there??? seems pretty long...
bbk-your an idiot

Since: Feb 07

Chesterfield, MO

#3 Jan 29, 2008
bbk wrote:
she was probably smoking in bed and dropped her cigarette and could not get it.
Yeah, let's just jump to conclusions. She's dead for christ sake, have some respect.
hahah

Allentown, PA

#4 Jan 29, 2008
how can it be preety long when its a volenteer dept?? Takes time to get to the station.. 5 min. sounds preety good to me
Old RN

Annapolis, MD

#5 Jan 29, 2008
Why was a bedridden woman at home alone in the first place? She wasn't safe to begin with, let alone in a situation with a fire. Shame on her family.
Joe

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Jan 29, 2008
5 min. is great response time for a volunteer or a paid dept.
I will say it again

Norristown, PA

#7 Jan 29, 2008
Regardless of how the fire was started, this is a terrible way to pass away. Prayers are with the family. God bless.
christina

Northbrook, IL

#8 Jan 29, 2008
hahah wrote:
how can it be preety long when its a volenteer dept?? Takes time to get to the station.. 5 min. sounds preety good to me
I'm sorry i must of missed the part in the article where it said they were volunteer fire fighters..note the sarcasm...5 minutes is way too long...fire takes seconds to go from contained to fatal....
RUserious

Bethlehem, PA

#9 Jan 29, 2008
Unfortunatly, IF this was a volunteer fire co. than it could have very well taken 5 minutes..my fiance is the Lt. of our fire co. and it's volunteer..sometimes guys just can't get there fast enough..a lot of the men work during the week and are away on the weekends..you would think as high as our taxes are they would get paid to save lives!!

Our deepest sympathy goes out to the woman and her family.
allentown resident

United States

#10 Jan 29, 2008
oh my god how awful.....may she rest in peace and her family know she felt no pain the angels wrapped there wings around her... she is okay she is in heaven
Ben

Allentown, PA

#11 Jan 29, 2008
That was a very fast response time for the fire department
Joe

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Jan 29, 2008
5 minutes is not long at all. Especially if it is volunteer dept., members must drive to the station and get their gear and get on the trucks. Legally volunteer firefighters in personal vehicles can not exceed the speed limit. So that 15 mph speed limit or 25 mph speed limit is it! People don't think about the negatives when they want the speed limits reduced in their neighborhood. Oh well, it won't happen to them.

“Helping make the streets safe!”

Since: Jan 08

Bethlehem, PA

#14 Jan 29, 2008
5 minutes seems pretty quick to me? It's not like they're driving around in high performance Iroc Z's that would have gotten them their in under a minute! Those big pump trucks take time depending on the distance from the nearest station.

ROCCO
A Firefighter

Allentown, PA

#16 Jan 29, 2008
5 minutes is an excellent response time- career or volunteer. Do you have any idea what traffic is like to get to a scene? People do not pull over for you even with huge trucks, sirens screaming, and red lights flashing. In 2007, the FDNY *avg* response time was 4 min 49 sec. and they have almost 12,000 FFs, numerous stations, and extremely high standards. If you think you can do better..why don't you help your local FD (even if career) instead of putting others down? Unfortunately, no matter how fast we go or how hard we try sometimes, lives are lost. Condolences to this woman's family in these difficult times.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Doylestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
These Wisconsin slob hunters make you all look ... (Dec '08) May '16 Billy z 9
Vote for trump a man of all seasons Mar '16 Amandacares 1
How does Doylestown live? (Dec '13) Dec '13 Who Bagger Who 2
Why does Scott Walker need to legislate vaginas? (Dec '13) Dec '13 Who Bagger Who 2
How does the Republican party get rid of everyo... Dec '13 Ron Raygun 0
News Doylestown re-enacts 1930s thefts, shootings. (Oct '08) Oct '08 stan44 2

Doylestown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Doylestown Mortgages