Flipper Mittens

West Mifflin, PA

#34028 Aug 31, 2012
Yes, the country is on the path to a new prosperity, regardless of who the president is. Our decision about who to vote for needs to boil down to who do we trust more - I trust Barack Obama because he has been a steady leader. He took on a failed economy and has brought it back to life regardless of what the republicans want the country to believe. It was a very deep recession brought on by republican policies. Do we want to go back to that? I don't. I want to move forward with liberty and justice for all, not just the rich.
Flipper Mittens

West Mifflin, PA

#34029 Aug 31, 2012
Did he promise they would be US jobs? I understand he anticipates a vast expansion of fast food franchises around elementary and secondary schools -- Ann Romney will be the spokeswoman for a program called 'fat is the new healthy'...
Flipper Mittens

West Mifflin, PA

#34030 Aug 31, 2012
Excuse me while I throw up, realist - Romney has some skeleton's in his closet and they are going to be revealed before this election - something is up when a person is a secretive as this guy is. Count on it.
Flipper Mittens

West Mifflin, PA

#34031 Aug 31, 2012

Economists widely predicted that it would take ten years to climb out of the Great Recession, based on the history of comparative economic crises. Things were that bad. Whoever is president, chances are that the long slow economic recovery will continue. I'm basing my vote more on differences in foreign affairs, because this is where presidents have huge amounts of power, unlike economics.
Flipper Mittens

West Mifflin, PA

#34032 Aug 31, 2012
Historically speaking, how has conservative economics (cut taxes but continue to spend money) worked for our country? Every republican president in the past 20 years (maybe more) has increased the debt/GDP ratio. Need I remind you that George W. Bush with his economic policy is part of the reason that we are in this mess of an economy. Or that austerity (the same strategy that Republicans endorse) is the same strategy endorsed by numerous european countries that double dipped into another recession. The facts are out there, I'm guessing you just don't look.
Flipper Mittens

West Mifflin, PA

#34033 Aug 31, 2012
I'm Mitt romney. I WILL say ANYTHING to get this job. It's my time, and I want damn it!

I'll be whatever you need me to be.

I want it SOOOO much.
*smooches*
Marisa

Newville, PA

#34034 Aug 31, 2012
Flipper Mittens wrote:
After close to 10 years of trying, Mitt Romney is now officially the Republican nominee for President. In his acceptance speech, he talked a little about himself and his family, but he was focused like a laser on jobs, jobs, and jobs. The Washington Post made this graphic ( http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/words-... ) showing how often he used various words and compared the results to the acceptance speeches of John McCain and George W. Bush.
What Romney didn't do is explain how he will create the jobs needed other than to push his idea of tax cuts for "job creators." He didn't mention that Bill Clinton raised taxes almost immediately upon taking office and saw 23 million jobs created during his two terms while George W. Bush cut taxes upon taking office and saw only 5 million new jobs in his 8 years. Nevertheless, it is pillar of the Republican platform that tax cuts create jobs and tax increases kill them, even though there is scant evidence to support this.
Schoolchildren will not be studying Romney's speech 100 years from now, like Lincoln's Gettysburg Addtess. Still, he came over as a plausible President. Given that he has been behind all year, he really needed something a little better than that, but he is simply not a great orator. He will no doubt get a small bump from the convention, but the problem for him is that the Democrats begin their convention in Charlotte next Tuesday and their expected bump will probably cancel out his and we will be back to where we are now.
tl dr
Marisa

Newville, PA

#34035 Aug 31, 2012
Flipper Mittens wrote:
Wow, that's weird.
The GOP doesn't want to talk about privatizing Social Security in 2012?
I remember it was the main focus of George Dubya Bushit only 8 short years ago. Part of his political capital. So, the stock market tanked and would have whiped out everybody's safety net.
I thought that was the point, Publicans!
Take from the ignorant and give to the insider traders. If not, why are you running an insider trader for Prez?
OH, OK... Just for Profit? OK, that makes sense. Good Luck with that.
tl dr
Marisa

Newville, PA

#34036 Aug 31, 2012
Flipper Mittens wrote:
"And unlike the president, I have a plan to create 12 million new jobs.”— Mitt Romney
This sounds like a pretty bold statement, especially considering that only two presidents—Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton—created more than 12 million jobs. Romney, in fact, says he can reach this same goal, in just four years, though the policy paper issued by his campaign contains few details. It is mostly a collection of policy assertions, such as such as reducing debt, overhauling the tax code, fostering free trade and so forth.
But, in fact, the number is less impressive than it sounds. This pledge amounts to an average of 250,000 jobs a month, a far cry from the 500,000 jobs a month that Romney claimed would be created in a “normal recovery.” In recent months, the economy has averaged about 150,000 jobs a month.
The Congressional Budget Office is required to consider the effects of the so-called “fiscal cliff” if a year-end budget deal is not reached, which many experts believe would push the country into a recession. But even with that caveat, the nonpartisan agency assumes 9.6 million jobs will be created in the next four years.(This is a revision downward; CBO had estimated 11 million in January.)
But Moody’s Analytics, in an August forecast, predicts 12 million jobs will be created by 2016, no matter who is president. And Macroeconomic Advisors in April also predicted a gain of 12.3 million jobs.
In other words, this is a fairly safe bet by Romney, even if he has a somewhat fuzzy plan for action. We have often noted that presidents are often at the mercy—or the beneficiary—of broad economic trends, and Romney’s pledge appears to be an effort to take advantage of that.
tl dr
Marisa

Newville, PA

#34037 Aug 31, 2012
Flipper Mittens wrote:
It is disingenuous to say "no one is better off now than four years ago" because clearly corporations with their record profits are doing better now. How can he say stocks are not better now? The market has doubled and somebody made money and is better off now, right? The auto industry was closing plants and closing dealerships and firing peole by the truckload but now they are selling cars and opening plants and have reopened the dealerships and are making profits and are hiring people so they are all doing better too. The banking sector was on the verge of collapse because the GOP deregulation economic plan under W. Bush permitted the banks to keep very little capital on hand and to risk it all at the Nation's expense. Now the banks are properly capitalized and secure and hiring again instead of firing again. People made money off of these improvements to our economy on President Obama's watch and these people are better now for it. It is a boldface lie to say "no one is better now." As my Grandmother form the old country used to say, "question the motives of those who lie." Why does rom;ney have to say "no one" is better off now when clearly some people are better now. Hey rom;ney release your tax forms so we can all see you are doing better now too than four years ago so under the reag;an analysis romney has to vote for President Obama because he is doing better now than four years ago. You all know he is because the rich get richer and he makes all his money from investments and the stock market has doubled which in essence has doubled his worth
tl dr
Marisa

Newville, PA

#34038 Aug 31, 2012
Flipper Mittens wrote:
Excuse me while I throw up, realist - Romney has some skeleton's in his closet and they are going to be revealed before this election - something is up when a person is a secretive as this guy is. Count on it.
More empty useless ramblings
Ted

Johnstown, PA

#34039 Aug 31, 2012
Bogus website wrote:
The problem with the rightwinger teabaggin, Nazi,gay bashing,black hating, KKK members cant come up with a real map to show Romney is even ahead.....or even close.....LMAO
They can hunt high and low and cant find a map that favors Romney.....
Oops, West Mifflin, you slipped into the bobby64 persona.

Don't fret. The charade is almost over.
Dave Rogers

Clearfield, PA

#34040 Aug 31, 2012
Flipper Mittens wrote:
I'm Mitt romney. I WILL say ANYTHING to get this job. It's my time, and I want damn it!
I'll be whatever you need me to be.
I want it SOOOO much.
*smooches*
10,000 plus posts from Muffins and not one post about Obama the holly one. LOL
Marisa

Newville, PA

#34041 Aug 31, 2012
From the New York Times..Sam Dolnick, Aug. 29, 2012

Five women who worked for Vito J. Lopez, Democrat assemblyman at the center of a broadening sexual harassment scandal, described in interviews an atmosphere of sexual pressure and crude language in his office, with frequent unwanted advances by him and others, requests for provocative dress, personal questions about boyfriends and fears about reprisals if they complained.

Lopez told some women not to wear bras to work. He requested short skirts and high heels. Called some women "well endowed".

The article goes on about this vile democrat.

Would this fall under "war on women" at the hands of a democrat? Hmmmm...
Mitt the Flip

West Mifflin, PA

#34042 Aug 31, 2012
Flipper Mittens wrote:
Romney's platitudes part seventeen. He bases his campaign on two things:
23M unemployment: well that includes babies and grandma's, just forgot to do the math against the labor-force and not the population.
12 M to be created: That's exactly what will be created under the Obama plan in 4 years.
So I don't get why we need him to do the same job???
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics I dont see how Romney can claim 23 million out of work, unless he's counting children and retired older folks......but here are the stats at the end of July .Both the number of unemployed persons (12.8 million) and the unemployment rate (8.3 percent)
were essentially unchanged in July. Both measures have shown little movement in July.

Romney need a new accountant, he has a malfuctioned calculator.
ussurf

York, PA

#34043 Aug 31, 2012
Flipper Mittens wrote:
Yes, I saw a video months ago and a man claimed he had been intimate with Mitt.I was disgusted and concider this to be blatant lies, but I saw it and it left seeds of doubt within my mind.I know it is unfair to feel this way, but with the world being as evil as it is ,I can not help it.
Mitt the Flip

West Mifflin, PA

#34044 Aug 31, 2012
Marisa wrote:
From the New York Times..Sam Dolnick, Aug. 29, 2012
Five women who worked for Vito J. Lopez, Democrat assemblyman at the center of a broadening sexual harassment scandal, described in interviews an atmosphere of sexual pressure and crude language in his office, with frequent unwanted advances by him and others, requests for provocative dress, personal questions about boyfriends and fears about reprisals if they complained.
Lopez told some women not to wear bras to work. He requested short skirts and high heels. Called some women "well endowed".
The article goes on about this vile democrat.
Would this fall under "war on women" at the hands of a democrat? Hmmmm...
A CULTURE OF CORRUPTION and Sex Scandals!!!!!!!!!!

LQQK HERE:
http://republicanoffenders.com/ LMAO!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#34045 Aug 31, 2012
if i wanted to read the wash. post and libhead times i would subscribe.

romney must have struck a nerve with muffin last night. LMAO @ PASTY BOY.

and since i missed clints appearance last night i finally got to watch it. hillarious talking to the empty seat, reminded us of the empty suit we have as president. i hope i reach 82 and look and sound as good as clint.

carry on pasty boys carry on.
Mitt the Flip

West Mifflin, PA

#34046 Aug 31, 2012
Ted

Johnstown, PA

#34047 Aug 31, 2012
ussurf wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I saw a video months ago and a man claimed he had been intimate with Mitt.I was disgusted and concider this to be blatant lies, but I saw it and it left seeds of doubt within my mind.I know it is unfair to feel this way, but with the world being as evil as it is ,I can not help it.
You "concider this to be blatant lies" and "unfair to feel this way" but don't mind repeating it?

LOL! Feeling desperate are you?

You have the ethics of danny BOY.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Doylestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) 23 min ABM1977 627
Review: Ophthalmology Physicians - Francis J Cl... (Jun '11) May 16 Paul A 50
Mosquito Eaters?Mayflies? (Oct '08) May 12 Debrose222 24
Choosing hardwood flooring with ideal interiors... Apr 27 brenda 1
Looking for preschool recommendations Mar '15 Vmw0728 1
Why I decided to fight a frivilous patent on ru... Mar '15 rctaylor 1
News James Burroughs is charged with shooting three ... (Nov '08) Feb '15 ThinkFast 7
More from around the web

Doylestown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]