Who do you support for Governor in Pe...
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#26919 Jul 6, 2012
Mitt vs Mutt wrote:
I wonder what we are spending on those 2 wars that Bush started.,,,,,,,,,Who's paying for these useless unwinnabe wars?
AH! I have a reminder right here:
http://costofwar.com/

Bush spent a year getting approval from Congress, the UN and the Coalition of the Willing to remove Saddam Hussein from Iraq.

"The Congress lied, people died.

Senate approves Iraq war resolution
IRAQ

October 11, 2002

In a major victory for the White House, the Senate early Friday voted 77-23 to authorize President Bush to attack Iraq if Saddam Hussein refuses to give up weapons of mass destruction as required by U.N. resolutions.

Hours earlier, the House approved an identical resolution, 296-133.

The president praised the congressional action, declaring "America speaks with one voice."

"The Congress has spoken clearly to the international community and the United Nations Security Council," Bush said in a statement. "Saddam Hussein and his outlaw regime pose a grave threat to the region, the world and the United States. Inaction is not an option, disarmament is a must."
Mitt vs Mutt

West Mifflin, PA

#26920 Jul 6, 2012
“Mitt Romney’s going to have to explain what his alternative to the Affordable Care Act is because he said he’ll kill Obamacare dead on the first day,” he said.“Where does that leave the millions of people who have preexisting conditions in this country? Is he going to allow insurance counties to continue to discriminate again women and charge them a billion dollars more a year for their health insurance?”

He added,“All the public polling shows the American people do not want to see Affordable Care Act repealed, Mitt Romney has proposed no alternative, the Republican leadership, Sen.[Mitch] McConnell has proposed no alternative.”

After the Supreme Court ruled last week that the individual mandate constitutes a tax, Romney found himself scrambling to draw a contrast between his own health care record as governor of Massachusetts and the president’s signature first-term accomplishment.

The ex-governor’s senior adviser Eric Fehrnstrom said in an interview this week that the individual mandate was in fact a penalty – raising the eyebrows of some Republicans by seemingly siding with the White House on the contentious matter.

Romney himself backpedaled on these remarks, telling CBS News that he believes the mandate is a tax and asserting that the state-wide mandate he imposed in the Bay State was just that – a mandate.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#26921 Jul 6, 2012
Mitt vs Mutt wrote:
Mitt spewed the same old lie the corporate tax rate is the highest in the world. Pure hogwash.
The effective corporate tax rate actually very low and the biggest corporations have posted the largest profits in the history of capitalism in the last 3-4 years.
Most of the biggest corporation pay zero in federal taxes, some get HUGE refunds/credits.
Mitt just lies with his lame right wingnut talking points everyone has heard for years....YAWN!

Be Proud!!!!

Say it Loud!!!!

“First Gay President”

With A Little Rainbow Halo Over His Head.

Aaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa, ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha, ha,ha,ha
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#26922 Jul 6, 2012
Dan the Man
Carlisle, PA

sez

No, I've only blamed Bush for things Bush ACTUALLY did.

You're blaming Obama for things he had nothing to do with.

You're blaming Obama for things we know Bush is responsible for.

Adding further pressure to President Obama heading into the election, Hispanic and Latino unemployment remained essentially unchanged at 11.0 percent.

The unemployment rate for white men and women was unchanged at 7.4 percent,

while 184,000 more black American's went without a job in June,

for an unemployment rate of 14.4 percent.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/june-nonfarm-p ...
Mitt vs Mutt

West Mifflin, PA

#26923 Jul 6, 2012
What is Mitt Romney's health care plan?
The presumptive GOP nominee has vowed to repeal and replace ObamaCare if elected — but it remains unclear what he would replace it with
??????????

What about patients with preexisting conditions?
Romney says he would make sure those with preexisting conditions don't lose their coverage, but opposes a provision in ObamaCare that makes it illegal to deny them coverage. Romney also would not require insurance companies to allow children to stay on their parents' plans until they're 26. Those two provisions are among the most popular elements of ObamaCare.

its a tax, no its a penalty, its a tax, no its a penalty,its a tax, no its a penalty, its a tax, no its a penalty,its a tax, its a tax, no its a penalty, its a tax, no its a penalty, its a tax, no its a penalty, no its a penalty, its a tax, no its a penalty,its a tax, no its a penalty, its a tax, no its a penalty,its a tax, its a tax, no its a penalty, its a tax, no its a penalty, its a tax, no its a penalty,

Damn Liars

LMAO!
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#26924 Jul 6, 2012
Dan the Man
Carlisle, PA

sez

780,000 More Women Unemployed Today Than When Obama Took Office

By Michael W. Chapman

July 6, 2012

( CNSNews.com )– The number of women unemployed in June was 5,785,000, an increase of 780,000 from when Barack Obama was inaugurated in January 2009 – at that time, the number of unemployed women in the United States was 5,005,000.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/780000-more-w...
Mitt vs Mutt

West Mifflin, PA

#26925 Jul 6, 2012
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s plan to reduce tax rates would need to be financed by ending widely used benefits such as the mortgage interest deduction, said Erskine Bowles, who was co-chairman of President Barack Obama’s deficit-reduction commission.
snip

Romney wants to cut all individual income tax rates by 20 percent, reducing the top rate to 28 percent from 35 percent. He would lower the corporate tax rate to 25 percent from 35 percent, eliminate the estate tax and end taxation of investment income for people making less than $200,000 a year.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/06/20/1101...

Romney’s plan would cost the government about $5 trillion in forgone revenue over the next decade on top of the cost of extending the income tax cuts now scheduled to expire Dec. 31. Romney hasn’t specified which tax breaks he would limit.
Mitt vs Mutt

West Mifflin, PA

#26926 Jul 6, 2012
Lots of middle class people would be hit hard by that. There is a real political issue here. Give up a mortgage tax deduction (the biggest loophole for the middle class) in order to give trillions of dollars of tax cuts to the rich. It also would make the real estate market much worse because home ownership is subsidized by that deduction.

I think Romney would lose the suburbs if people understood. Of course, he'll deny. He wants big tax breaks for the wealthy and corporations and he has a "secret plan" to end the war, I mean to balance the budget.

Nixon beat George Romney in 1968 primaries, so Mitt became Dick Nixon, just as George Bush II modeled Ronnie Reagan rather than his father. I am tired of Republican "daddy" issues.
Mitt vs Mutt

West Mifflin, PA

#26927 Jul 6, 2012
The money will come from somewhere. Looks like Romney has decided it will be from everyone but the very wealthy.
Mitt vs Mutt

West Mifflin, PA

#26928 Jul 6, 2012
Romney’s secret plan for immigration joins his secret plan to repeal the Affordable Care Act as president. In both cases he provides no details about these plans. He has shared no thoughts about how he would deal with those affected by his plans.

All he gives is his ironclad guarantee that he can just put something in place immediately that will fix all the problems. Maybe that works in Mitt Romney’s delusional world.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#26929 Jul 6, 2012
Mitt vs Mutt wrote:
What is Mitt Romney's health care plan?
The presumptive GOP nominee has vowed to repeal and replace ObamaCare if elected — but it remains unclear what he would replace it with
??????????
What about patients with preexisting conditions?
Romney says he would make sure those with preexisting conditions don't lose their coverage, but opposes a provision in ObamaCare that makes it illegal to deny them coverage. Romney also would not require insurance companies to allow children to stay on their parents' plans until they're 26. Those two provisions are among the most popular elements of ObamaCare.
its a tax, no its a penalty, its a tax, no its a penalty,its a tax, no its a penalty, its a tax, no its a penalty,its a tax, its a tax, no its a penalty, its a tax, no its a penalty, its a tax, no its a penalty, no its a penalty, its a tax, no its a penalty,its a tax, no its a penalty, its a tax, no its a penalty,its a tax, its a tax, no its a penalty, its a tax, no its a penalty, its a tax, no its a penalty,
Damn Liars
LMAO!

What the hell is wrong with you?

You can't function without a handout?

you and dannyboy, helpless libs.

replace it with a state plan

you live in a "state", don't you?

imagine, a state deciding what's best for it's own people
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#26930 Jul 6, 2012
There used to be intelligent, rational conservatives on here who were capable of debate.

Now there are just trolls and mindless attack dogs.

Kind of like the Republican party nationally - incapable of honest debate so they just blindly attack anything they perceive as liberal.

Is there still a conservative with a brain left on Topix who is interested in actual political debate?

Anyone?
Mitt vs Mutt

West Mifflin, PA

#26931 Jul 6, 2012
Economists Agree Romney’s Plan Would Spark a New Recession
Austerity and Tax Cuts for the Rich Would Cripple Economic Growth

LQQK HERE:
http://www.americanprogressaction.org/issues/...
Mitt vs Mutt

West Mifflin, PA

#26932 Jul 6, 2012
The House Republican budget developed by Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) would fund $3 trillion in tax breaks for the rich by ending guaranteed Medicare coverage for our elderly and slashing middle-class investments in education, infrastructure, and research. This no-growth budget provides a starting point for Romney’s economic plan, which then goes further down the path of austerity and will enact substantially deeper spending cuts. Romney does not specify how he would cut federal spending but he has promised to cut taxes while also capping federal spending and balancing the budget. In order to meet these constraints, his plan would require extraordinary cuts to federal programs.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#26933 Jul 6, 2012
Dan the Man
Carlisle, PA

sez

780,000 More Women Unemployed Today Than When Obama Took Office

By Michael W. Chapman

July 6, 2012

( CNSNews.com )– The number of women unemployed in June was 5,785,000, an increase of 780,000 from when Barack Obama was inaugurated in January 2009 – at that time, the number of unemployed women in the United States was 5,005,000.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/780000-more-w ...
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#26934 Jul 6, 2012
We have been told since January 2009 that the President would focus like a laser beam on creating jobs.

obummer's laser a little out of focus?

I, I, I, I, I'm, I'm a warrior for the middle class.

I'm happy to fight for the middle class,"

“First Gay President”

With A Little Rainbow Halo Over His Head.

Aaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa, ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha, ha,ha,ha
Joe The Economist

Marietta, GA

#26936 Jul 6, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
Mitt Romney says Social Security is broken and Obama's making it worse. He says he'll fix the Social Security system.
I've been looking all over for Romney's plan to fix Social Security, but I can't find it.
Any Romney supporter here care to point it out to me?
Anyone?
Dan, I work with Fix Social Security Now. I haven't found sufficient specifics to tell you what Romney would do. In terms of Romney's statement, it is difficult to say that Obama is making it worse. He is doing nothing. The Republicans and Democrats are doing nothing as well. Yes Social Security is getting worse - a lot of that is cause by Fed policy. It isn't just a one person problem though.

If you find Romney's plan send us the link, Contact (at) FixSSNow.Org .

thanks,

Since: Apr 11

United States

#26937 Jul 6, 2012
Hey racist warrior for the tea bagger class, president obama has the votes to win again which is why you never promote or explain any of flippers both sides on every issue positions. You fail at being honest and im loving your racist song and pony show. You cant provide a clear path to flipper winning and you tea baggers never will and whats pathetic is you picked flipper and going through buyers remorse. Please continue with all the racial hatred as that is a better option. Obama wins
Okay Then

Newtown Square, PA

#26938 Jul 6, 2012
Mitt vs Mutt wrote:
The House Republican budget developed by Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) would fund $3 trillion in tax breaks for the rich by ending guaranteed Medicare coverage for our elderly and slashing middle-class investments in education, infrastructure, and research. This no-growth budget provides a starting point for Romney’s economic plan, which then goes further down the path of austerity and will enact substantially deeper spending cuts. Romney does not specify how he would cut federal spending but he has promised to cut taxes while also capping federal spending and balancing the budget. In order to meet these constraints, his plan would require extraordinary cuts to federal programs.
So, Ryan is going throw Granny over the cliff, right?

"middle-class investments in education, infrastructure, and research.?" Yes, cut education...in fact, get rid of the Dept. of Education because our schools are falling behind the rest of world. We keep throwing money at it (inflating teacher salaries), but get no improvement.

So, the middle-class only use the nation's infrastructure? I guess rich guys don't drive on roads or bridges then.

Research? Like what...shrimp treadmills???

LMAO!!!
Mitt vs Mutt

West Mifflin, PA

#26939 Jul 6, 2012
The result would bring more austerity and less growth. According to an analysis by the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities,“by 2022, if the [federal] budget had to be balanced while taxes were cut,” which is Romney’s goal,“the proposals would require cutting entitlement and discretionary programs other than Social Security and core defense by more than half.” Specifically, the Center for Budget and Policy Priorities estimates that Romney’s proposals would deplete Medicare, Medicaid, and the Children’s Health Insurance Program by $3.4 trillion over the next 10 years. In addition, the nonpartisan think tank says that, under Romney’s plan, compensation payments for disabled veterans would be cut by one-quarter, and 13 million people struggling to put food on the table for their families would be kicked off the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.

None of this would create jobs—never mind Romney’s claims that austerity for almost all of us will lead the wealthy to invest more in job creation. In fact, what it would do is undermine middle-class economic security, which in turn would lead to less spending and more and more families struggling to make ends meet. These kinds of cuts will hurt our economic future because we won’t be making the kinds of investments—in education or infrastructure—that will drive future growth.

http://www.americanprogressaction.org/issues/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Doylestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sex offender law coming to town (Oct '08) Sep 24 No name 33
News Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) Sep '17 Wayne Eaton 929
News Doctor charged with giving drug prescriptions f... (Oct '10) Aug '17 Nick Maraldo 13
Herbal incense (Jan '12) Aug '17 Hector 11
News Stray Bullets From Shooting Range Fly Into Home (Feb '08) Jul '17 DJB 24
Review: Christopher Day Real Estate (May '09) Jul '17 In the Garden 6
Cosmo Dinardo & Sean Kratz 👹👿&#... Jul '17 shower rape 4

Doylestown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Doylestown Mortgages