Natalie Munroe and teacher blogs: Fre...

Natalie Munroe and teacher blogs: Free speech or free fall?

There are 3 comments on the Atlanta Journal-Constitution story from Feb 19, 2011, titled Natalie Munroe and teacher blogs: Free speech or free fall?. In it, Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that:

I missed the debate this week about Pennsylvania teacher Natalie Munroe, whose frank and often funny blog about teaching and her students gained her national headlines and a job suspension.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Keyboard_cowboy

Paris, TX

#1 Feb 19, 2011
This teacher is so right stating thing's that she has about her student's and student all over the united states, student's are rude and think that they don't to do anything . first off your child first education start's with the parent.
by teaching them to listen to what they are told. now day's the parent's are to busy worrying about going to work and getting away from their child's problems and thinking that i did my part I sent them to school, it's up to some one else to teach them. and if the parent is told that they have a child with problem's,It's like okay so you fix it then . in my mind that is more of child abuse on the parent's part because they think that their child lil johnny or lil suzy is lil mister or ms perfect. I hope that this teacher has her day in court and turn's around sues the school district for every dollar that she can get she sounds like a teacher that I wished had for my children parent's should stop and listen to this teacher because she see's first hand how the student's really are and act away from their parent's.bring back the board of education and quit babying these kids use the board on their behind's.
Keyboard_cowboy

Paris, TX

#2 Feb 19, 2011
This is clearly a violation of freedom of speech.
and charge's should be filed against the parent's and the school for abuse and neglect. and see how long they will hold their jobs. the true person to blame is the person you see in the mirror each morning and it is the parent's not the teacher. if your son or daughter is fired from their job for not doing what they are asked to do are you their parent's going to call up their boss and curse them out for firing them. and demand that they get their job back. you probably would.
Teaching It Real

Alpharetta, GA

#3 Mar 4, 2011
Interested in seeing a new and wildly unique teacher's blog? One thatís deeply thoughtful, literate, and downright funny? Then enjoy A Dixie Diary, at www.adixiediary.com . The response from readers all over America has been astonishing.

Actually published a few days ago during the midst of the Munroe business, this unique teacher's journal shows a different look at what happens in the schoolhouse by a rookie teacher who loves his work and his students, but he expresses his thoughts and observations in a hugely different way than Mrs. Munroe. Sure, there are some intense student-teacher moments, even some choice words, too, but mostly it's world-class hilarious, heartwarming Ö like reading a good book.

It's the teacher's blog we've been waiting for. It's simply mesmerizing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Doylestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) Nov 18 SlimShady 934
News Sex offender law coming to town (Oct '08) Sep '17 No name 33
News Doctor charged with giving drug prescriptions f... (Oct '10) Aug '17 Nick Maraldo 13
Herbal incense (Jan '12) Aug '17 Hector 11
News Stray Bullets From Shooting Range Fly Into Home (Feb '08) Jul '17 DJB 24
Review: Christopher Day Real Estate (May '09) Jul '17 In the Garden 6
Cosmo Dinardo & Sean Kratz 👹👿&#... Jul '17 shower rape 4

Doylestown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Doylestown Mortgages