Chinese restaurant opens in Annville

Chinese restaurant opens in Annville

There are 20 comments on the Lebanon Daily News story from Jan 1, 2010, titled Chinese restaurant opens in Annville. In it, Lebanon Daily News reports that:

A new Chinese restaurant arrived in Annville just in time for the new year. A Golden Garden opened Friday at 18 E. Main St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lebanon Daily News.

ICHINKIKNOWU

Pine Bush, NY

#1 Jan 2, 2010
MEOW!
thomas paine

Bainbridge, PA

#2 Jan 2, 2010
WARNING to the people of Annville. LOCK UP YOUR DOGS AND CATS
cook response

Lancaster, PA

#3 Jan 2, 2010
Very funny. Very funny.
Make special wonton soup for you.
The Post Fixer

Mechanicsburg, PA

#4 Jan 2, 2010
My family ate here yesterday. It was wonderful! The service was quick and friendly, the food excellent (fresh!), the prices right, and the menu full of variety.

I highly recommend this eatery!
The Post Fixer

Mechanicsburg, PA

#5 Jan 2, 2010
Oh, and as for these asinine and ignorant comments, I hope that one day you three are made fun of based on your ethnicity.

So sad that I live in a communinty where jerks like you would post comments like this.
cook response

Lancaster, PA

#6 Jan 2, 2010
My #3 comment was criticizing #1 and #2.
It's an Eddie Murphy bit.
Oh Yeah

Palmyra, PA

#7 Jan 2, 2010
Good luck...... hope it takes off for you.
Publius Novus

Centreville, VA

#8 Jan 3, 2010
The Post Fixer wrote:
Oh, and as for these asinine and ignorant comments, I hope that one day you three are made fun of based on your ethnicity.
So sad that I live in a communinty where jerks like you would post comments like this.
I no longer tell people that I grew up in Lebanon County. Too embarassing.
Just the facts

AOL

#9 Jan 3, 2010
Publius Novus wrote:
<quoted text>I no longer tell people that I grew up in Lebanon County. Too embarassing.
Olney Md. LOL Your ashamed to say you grew up in Lebanon ! But yet you moved to Olney the Armpit of Maryland . Your a Joke . You have to be black , because Olney is a black town . That tells it all.
Palmyra

Palmyra, PA

#10 Jan 3, 2010
Ill definatly have to try the resturant with my family..esp if its fresh..nothing better then fresh chinese food..And people always have something negative to say about something or someone..You just need to be the better person and rise above it..
Publius Novus

Centreville, VA

#11 Jan 3, 2010
Just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Olney Md. LOL Your ashamed to say you grew up in Lebanon ! But yet you moved to Olney the Armpit of Maryland . Your a Joke . You have to be black , because Olney is a black town . That tells it all.
I think you just proved my point.
cwbuff

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Jan 3, 2010
The Post Fixer wrote:
Lighten up people. Nobody was criticizing Chinese people. Years ago, I'm talking maybe 25-30, a chinese restaurant in Dauphin county was shut down for using cat meat. Also, about 6 months ago a co-worker of mine brought in an article about a Chinese restaurant outside of Atlanta being closed down for using kitten and puppy meat. There were even pictures (graphic) with the article. Gross! So, don't act like it never happens. Personally, I love Chinese food but I stick to the shrimp and cashews just to be on the safe side. BTW, you never know what you're ingesting when you go out to eat. I've seen those hidden camera shows on TV where they caught chefs p!ssing and snotting in people's food just because they sent it back. And they drop food on the floor and then serve it to the customer. Years ago I used to work in a lot of restaurants in Lebanon county. One here in Lebanon had that practice, if you dropped a donut on the floor we were told to put it back with the rest when the customers that might have seen left. An owner of another restaurant (still in operation and by the same owner) used to dig through the trash to see what he could salvage, I watched him do it many times.
yeah-right

Morton, PA

#13 Jan 4, 2010
Publius Novus wrote:
<quoted text>I no longer tell people that I grew up in Lebanon County. Too embarassing.
Thanks! It's embarassing for us that you grew up here to.
buffoone

Wilmington, DE

#14 Jan 4, 2010
cwbuff wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, about 6 months ago a co-worker of mine brought in an article about a Chinese restaurant outside of Atlanta being closed down for using kitten and puppy meat. There were even pictures (graphic) with the article. Gross!
That's an urban legend. Google is free. You should try it.
thomas paine

Lancaster, PA

#15 Jan 6, 2010
If this is such a lovely clean place, how come the plate glass window in the front is still held together with duct tape. they should send one of their chinks out front to at least wash the windows. Now if it looks dirty outside it's probably dirty inside. Now why don't all you do gooders ( THE POST FIXER ). . go and eat that slop. Then at 2 o'clock the next morning when your sitting on the hooper and it's running out of you like water you don't have to wonder where you got the SH#TS.
thomas paine

Lancaster, PA

#16 Jan 7, 2010
thomas paine wrote:
If this is such a lovely clean place, how come the plate glass window in the front is still held together with duct tape. they should send one of their chinks out front to at least wash the windows. Now if it looks dirty outside it's probably dirty inside. Now why don't all you do gooders ( THE POST FIXER ).. go and eat that slop. Then at 2 o'clock the next morning when your sitting on the hooper and it's running out of you like water you don't have to wonder where you got the SH#TS.
Correction/ I hate to admit this but I spelled HOPPER wrong. I would like to thank a good friend for pointing this gross error out to me. This is the same freind who manages a business in beautiful down town Lebanon that has never posted anything on this site.
Publius Novus

Centreville, VA

#18 Jan 9, 2010
yeah-right wrote:
<quoted text>
But then of course, at least I grew up.
general tso

Lebanon, PA

#19 Jan 10, 2010
please let this be a nice sit down chinese restaurant and not just another buffet. the area is swamped with take out and buffet places, but quality chinese restaurants are few and far between. welcome to Annville and best of luck !
ICHINKIKNOWU

Pine Bush, NY

#20 Jan 14, 2010
yeah-right wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Riddance! We really did'nt want you anyway....Maryland...give me a break!
ICHINKIKNOWU

Pine Bush, NY

#21 Jan 14, 2010
cwbuff wrote:
<quoted text>
Lighten up people. Nobody was criticizing Chinese people. Years ago, I'm talking maybe 25-30, a chinese restaurant in Dauphin county was shut down for using cat meat. Also, about 6 months ago a co-worker of mine brought in an article about a Chinese restaurant outside of Atlanta being closed down for using kitten and puppy meat. There were even pictures (graphic) with the article. Gross! So, don't act like it never happens. Personally, I love Chinese food but I stick to the shrimp and cashews just to be on the safe side. BTW, you never know what you're ingesting when you go out to eat. I've seen those hidden camera shows on TV where they caught chefs p!ssing and snotting in people's food just because they sent it back. And they drop food on the floor and then serve it to the customer. Years ago I used to work in a lot of restaurants in Lebanon county. One here in Lebanon had that practice, if you dropped a donut on the floor we were told to put it back with the rest when the customers that might have seen left. An owner of another restaurant (still in operation and by the same owner) used to dig through the trash to see what he could salvage, I watched him do it many times.
They just can't take joke. You must be naive to think chinese people don't make fun of us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Downingtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Windsor Ridge (Sep '06) Apr 19 IdiotIndians 33
DJ Snooze of NY smokes fat rock and hits fat c*ck Apr 12 Save Roy 1
News American Muslim teens learn to disarm Islamophobia Mar '17 Greg 6
basketball backboards in street Feb '17 jeff 1
glen mills schools (Sep '11) Feb '17 Youngnuts1 123
West Chester has Contaminated Water! You NEED t... Feb '17 Mary 1
Dangerous Water in Coatesville! Stay safe now! Feb '17 Masha 1

Downingtown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance