Bound for Iraq, 19 soldiers from Bethlehem-based Guard unit say...

There are 37 comments on the The Morning Call story from Feb 4, 2009, titled Bound for Iraq, 19 soldiers from Bethlehem-based Guard unit say.... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Army National Guard Spc. Nicole Wolf held her 10-month-old baby, Erik Jr., tightly and cried, saying this is the first time she's had to leave him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
PVT Cuevas

Reading, PA

#24 Feb 5, 2009
God bless the fellow comrades who left.. For I am a solider in progress and may have to experience this feeling sooner or later.. We do this because we are committed to our core values and dedicated to the US nation.. I send my prayers both with the soliders and their families..
megg

North Wales, PA

#25 Feb 5, 2009
blue star mother wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my god what a horrible thing to say. Have you ever been to Arlington Cemetary when they bury the ashes of a young soldier because his body was destroyed in an IED attack? Have you ever been to Section 60 and seen the birthdates of the soldiers killed? You
will regret saying that sometime in your pathetic life which is obviously without any significant honor.
Please don't engage a cowardly piece of crap like this!
You and your family are so much better than this loser.
Paltroon

United States

#26 Feb 5, 2009
cynical wrote:
<quoted text>
Been there, done that. Didn't weigh 350 pounds.
She isn't going to help anyone but the enemy looking like that.
Sitting your lazy tail on the couch watching combat on TV doesn't count there, hoss.
Bet she has more honor than your could ever dream of mustering. Sod off, fat boy.
Paltroon

United States

#27 Feb 5, 2009
huk wrote:
<quoted text>
so the ones that come home dead dont make you proud to be an american?
They all make us proud. You make us want to puke.
Sod off.
Paltroon

United States

#28 Feb 5, 2009
huk wrote:
get the body bag ready
Why, you getting ready to drop dead?
cynical

Kulpsville, PA

#29 Feb 5, 2009
Paltroon wrote:
<quoted text>
Sitting your lazy tail on the couch watching combat on TV doesn't count there, hoss.
Bet she has more honor than your could ever dream of mustering. Sod off, fat boy.
You spelled 'cellulite' wrong.
Paltroon

United States

#30 Feb 5, 2009
cynical wrote:
<quoted text>
You spelled 'cellulite' wrong.
Wow, what a zinger that was. Feel better now? Bet your running around your home thumping your chest raging about how you are such a big man now.
"YEAH, I made FUN of someone!! I am the greatest!"
Drop your diapers, be a man, and volunteer for high-speed lead poisoning reasearch and perfection. Do the world a good deed.......
cynical

Kulpsville, PA

#31 Feb 5, 2009
Paltroon wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, what a zinger that was. Feel better now? Bet your running around your home thumping your chest raging about how you are such a big man now.
"YEAH, I made FUN of someone!! I am the greatest!"
Drop your diapers, be a man, and volunteer for high-speed lead poisoning reasearch and perfection. Do the world a good deed.......
You should probably just save your money and have the bariatric bypass. It's obvious you have an extreme weight problem, you're very sensitive about it.

Better yet, here are some free options....

Paltroon

United States

#32 Feb 5, 2009
cynical wrote:
<quoted text>
You should probably just save your money and have the bariatric bypass. It's obvious you have an extreme weight problem, you're very sensitive about it.
Better yet, here are some free options....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wCqmj69XyGkXX
Actually, 18 years of playing rugby, 23 years on Active Duty, and constant physical training have kept me rather in-shape, thank you. You should try it.
What I have a problem with is people like you who have no value to society, sponging off of freedoms granted by those who serve his / her country and have no respect for those sacrifices, and ridiculing people based on their appearance...
cynical

Kulpsville, PA

#33 Feb 5, 2009
Paltroon wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, 18 years of playing rugby, 23 years on Active Duty, and constant physical training have kept me rather in-shape, thank you. You should try it.
What I have a problem with is people like you who have no value to society, sponging off of freedoms granted by those who serve his / her country and have no respect for those sacrifices, and ridiculing people based on their appearance...
LOL, I've never 'sponged' off of anyone's freedom. You reek of 'peacetime' military. Get some experience.

Go back and look at the picture and tell me if you think that chick is prepared fro rigorous military service in the desert...
Paltroon

United States

#34 Feb 5, 2009
cynical wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, I've never 'sponged' off of anyone's freedom. You reek of 'peacetime' military. Get some experience.
Go back and look at the picture and tell me if you think that chick is prepared fro rigorous military service in the desert...
Not only have you sponged, you continue to sponge....and will until you are no longer.
Peacetime military? Think about your silly comment before you come back with something so very lame, if you are capable of that. 23 years...2009 minus 23 = 1986. In that time; Kosovo, Desert Shield/Storm; Enduring and Iraqi Freedom.
You, on the other hand; War on weight; War on appearances......You're not worth it anymore.
cynical

Kulpsville, PA

#35 Feb 5, 2009
Paltroon wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only have you sponged, you continue to sponge....and will until you are no longer.
Peacetime military? Think about your silly comment before you come back with something so very lame, if you are capable of that. 23 years...2009 minus 23 = 1986. In that time; Kosovo, Desert Shield/Storm; Enduring and Iraqi Freedom.
Doesn't mean you were deployed, junior.

You're either lying or BS'ing, because you don't know a thing about the military.
Paltroon

United States

#36 Feb 5, 2009
cynical wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't mean you were deployed, junior.
You're either lying or BS'ing, because you don't know a thing about the military.
I say again.....You are not worth it anymore.
cynical

Kulpsville, PA

#37 Feb 5, 2009
Paltroon wrote:
<quoted text>
I say again.....You are not worth it anymore.
In the rear with the gear, that's the only military experience YOU ever had butterball.
good_luck_and_go d_bless

Bethlehem, PA

#38 Feb 5, 2009
God Bless all of the Men and Women who have ever wore the uniform-Better than most
Just another view

Whitehall, PA

#39 Feb 5, 2009
Take the politics out of it - may God bless them and keep them safe.
hln

Bethlehem, PA

#40 Feb 6, 2009
blue star mother wrote:
My heart and prayers go out to these deploying soldiers. My disdain to anyone who would say anything bad about any one of them. We are deplopying more soldiers because we need to relieve the ones over there, anyone with any sense would know that. As the mother of an injured soldier and friened of a gold star mother who lost her 20 year old son in Iraq I can honestly say god bless these soldiers.
God Bless your soldier, pay no mind to the pin heads on this site..I too lost a 20 year old family member, and my son has been to Iraq and probably will be going to Afganistan with the Marines....some people just don't get it, ofcourse our news media, does not do our troops justice...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Downingtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local Politics Do you approve of Josh Maxwell as Mayor? Apr 30 Betty 1
Basement Waterproofing (Apr '14) Apr 28 Rose Henderson 6
glen mills schools (Sep '11) Apr 28 gpg007 85
hi (Aug '11) Mar '15 Camille 5
News Remembering Jim Croce 40 years on (Sep '13) Feb '15 shizzle 8
bam margera, how many of these have you seen (Dec '08) Feb '15 Bored to Tears 27
Cougar Sighting/Caught in Downingtown, PA (Aug '08) Dec '14 robert shultz 41
More from around the web

Downingtown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]