Bound for Iraq, 19 soldiers from Beth...

Bound for Iraq, 19 soldiers from Bethlehem-based Guard unit say...

There are 37 comments on the The Morning Call story from Feb 4, 2009, titled Bound for Iraq, 19 soldiers from Bethlehem-based Guard unit say.... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Army National Guard Spc. Nicole Wolf held her 10-month-old baby, Erik Jr., tightly and cried, saying this is the first time she's had to leave him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jeff

Kingston, PA

#1 Feb 4, 2009
Why are we sending more men over there. Isn't this conflict over and we are going to start bringing them all home ? I'am confused.
hln

Bethlehem, PA

#2 Feb 4, 2009
God bless, Best Wishes to all....
and Thank You for being unselfish and brave.
lynn

Allentown, PA

#4 Feb 4, 2009
cynical wrote:
Looks like Nicole needs a few weeks of PT and a stringent diet before she'll be able to be of any use.
Unless her job is to shield a dozen soldiers that are in shape from shrapnel.
What the heck are you talking about? What a tool you are!
Jess

Weatherly, PA

#5 Feb 4, 2009
As a parent, myself, I am deeply grateful to all of the soldiers who are giving up their time with their family so that I can keep time with mine. Words can't express how humbled we as a country are that you are fighting for us. Whether we agree with sending more troops out or not, we appreciate you.
Tammy

United States

#6 Feb 4, 2009
cynical wrote:
Looks like Nicole needs a few weeks of PT and a stringent diet before she'll be able to be of any use.
Why don't you get off your lazy a.s.s. and go in her place you d.i.p.s.h.i.t.!!!!!!!!!
Thank you

Schnecksville, PA

#7 Feb 4, 2009
Thank you for your service, your sacrifice, and your love of country. You make us all proud to be Americans. God bless you all.
blue star mother

Holliston, MA

#8 Feb 4, 2009
My heart and prayers go out to these deploying soldiers. My disdain to anyone who would say anything bad about any one of them. We are deplopying more soldiers because we need to relieve the ones over there, anyone with any sense would know that. As the mother of an injured soldier and friened of a gold star mother who lost her 20 year old son in Iraq I can honestly say god bless these soldiers.
Paltroon

United States

#9 Feb 4, 2009
cynical wrote:
Looks like you should attempt to prove that holing one's breath for 12 hours IS NOT dangerous to one's health. Ready......GO!
grateful

Orefield, PA

#10 Feb 4, 2009
Godspeed to you all, return safely. SPC Wolf my heart goes out to you. You are very brave and making a huge sacrifice for all of us at home. Your son has an exceptional mother.

“I Can't Believe U People!”

Since: Mar 07

Somewhere in the Valley

#11 Feb 4, 2009
The mom holding her child's arms is so heartwrenching!

Good luck "Army National Guard Spc. Nicole Wolf" I could just imagine how hard it was to kiss that baby good-bye..until your return!
THANK YOU

Blakeslee, PA

#12 Feb 4, 2009
Unbelievable how unselfish these families and soldiers are...may God Bless them during their tour and keep them safe and look out for the families while their loved ones are away.

Somewhere in the Valley

#14 Feb 4, 2009
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
See-ya, wouldn't want to be-ya!
Cruel! Very cruel! I take it you were never in the military?

I know what that poor mother is going through. Yes, you're right..so easy for you to say "See-ya, wouldn't want to be-ya," but at least she's brave enough to face her commitment in the military and serve our country.

Somewhere in the Valley

#15 Feb 4, 2009
blue star mother wrote:
My heart and prayers go out to these deploying soldiers. My disdain to anyone who would say anything bad about any one of them. We are deplopying more soldiers because we need to relieve the ones over there, anyone with any sense would know that. As the mother of an injured soldier and friened of a gold star mother who lost her 20 year old son in Iraq I can honestly say god bless these soldiers.
Amen!
SGT MATA

Bethlehem, PA

#16 Feb 4, 2009
Be safe fellow comrades, been there and done that. The sacrifice is tremendous and leaving our children is the hardest part of it all. Unless you have been in the military and have been deployed would you know the feelings that us soldiers go through. But we do it because of committment to ourselves and our country. Soldiers believe in HONOR, I wish people would just do the same and this country will not be in the mess it is.Pray for my buddies safe return as soon as possible. May GOD bless your all.
Flyleaf

United States

#17 Feb 4, 2009
Make us proud, and most importantly, come home safe.
real life

Schnecksville, PA

#18 Feb 4, 2009
Thank you, sincerely, for your service. It is a selfless thing you have done for us, and we can never truly repay you for your sacrifice.
God bless people like you.
SGT MATA wrote:
Be safe fellow comrades, been there and done that. The sacrifice is tremendous and leaving our children is the hardest part of it all. Unless you have been in the military and have been deployed would you know the feelings that us soldiers go through. But we do it because of committment to ourselves and our country. Soldiers believe in HONOR, I wish people would just do the same and this country will not be in the mess it is.Pray for my buddies safe return as soon as possible. May GOD bless your all.
cynical

Glenolden, PA

#19 Feb 4, 2009
Tammy wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you get off your lazy a.s.s. and go in her place you d.i.p.s.h.i.t.!!!!!!!!!
Been there, done that. Didn't weigh 350 pounds.

She isn't going to help anyone but the enemy looking like that.
Ramanda

Zionhill, PA

#20 Feb 4, 2009
I wish them all a safe journey and return home, especially Nicole (the girl holding her baby). I used to work with her at Fuddruckers
huk

Philadelphia, PA

#22 Feb 4, 2009
Flyleaf wrote:
Make us proud, and most importantly, come home safe.
so the ones that come home dead dont make you proud to be an american?
blue star mother

Holliston, MA

#23 Feb 5, 2009
huk wrote:
get the body bag ready
Oh my god what a horrible thing to say. Have you ever been to Arlington Cemetary when they bury the ashes of a young soldier because his body was destroyed in an IED attack? Have you ever been to Section 60 and seen the birthdates of the soldiers killed? You
will regret saying that sometime in your pathetic life which is obviously without any significant honor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Downingtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zack ruff Oct 16 Student 3
glen mills schools (Sep '11) Oct 15 Glenn marsh 134
News Chesco Vet Accused of Animal Cruelty (Jul '06) Sep '17 John 245
News Police Search Chesco Home in Missing Mom Invest... Aug '17 AIPAC mohels 1
News Louise Blanyar Lawrence Buchman Edward Yachera ... Jul '17 Operator NumberTwo 2
Windsor Ridge (Sep '06) Jul '17 uwchlan and proud 34
basketball backboards in street (Feb '17) Jul '17 Big irish mechanic 2

Downingtown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Downingtown Mortgages