I have been here too

United States

#2167 Apr 16, 2012
I had to play the Crazy card to get out of there!!! I can't believe they actually send kids there.
tony montana

Washington, PA

#2168 Apr 17, 2012
from wash pa.....
hell ya day beat your ass up there i was a student for 15 months in johnson hall and got my ass beat 3 times to the point were i couldnt get out of my bed for 2 weeks its a messed up place an no kid should have to deal with that shit
THF

Wilmington, DE

#2169 Apr 17, 2012
I have been here too wrote:
I had to play the Crazy card to get out of there!!! I can't believe they actually send kids there.
Crazy card? You should of played the Punk card. Cause you were sent up there for robbing a lady at the bus stop.You can use that Crazy card when you go to Prison.
quaker

West Grove, PA

#2170 May 6, 2012
so much crapola
Oddessey

Huntingdon Valley, PA

#2171 May 6, 2012
My boyfriend was just sentenced 9 months there . He is social but calm. He gets in the most trouble because the groups of people he hangs around . He originally did about 8months at Picc in Philadelphia now he's sentence to 9 at GMS. After reading all these post im scared. He's not a trouble maker. This is his first time being in trouble ever! Both his parents are currently around before they were a little scattered going through there divorce . He was arrested abs charged with conspiracy. In court it was said he did nothing the victims spoke up and said it as well. But he actually ended up with more time then the people charged as adults :/.. It was sad but I'm happy it won't be on his record because he was 17 Shen the crime happened. He usually gets along with staff well he has had no trouble with teachers at school or adults. Even with him being a great person would he still get abused or beat up? I'm so scared now. That's very sad , he doesn't even deserve to be at a place like that because he's not a bad person . No I'm not just saying it I absolutely know for a fact everything about my boyfriend we grew up together & the reason he's locked up was for his dumb decision to hang out with his best friends new friend and it landed him in trouble. Can I find out more about this school? Are there really 7 levels do they really apply the levels? Do the staff go after certain people by looks or personality ?
Doing Good

Butler, PA

#2172 May 7, 2012
Oddessey wrote:
My boyfriend was just sentenced 9 months there . He is social but calm. He gets in the most trouble because the groups of people he hangs around . He originally did about 8months at Picc in Philadelphia now he's sentence to 9 at GMS. After reading all these post im scared. He's not a trouble maker. This is his first time being in trouble ever! Both his parents are currently around before they were a little scattered going through there divorce . He was arrested abs charged with conspiracy. In court it was said he did nothing the victims spoke up and said it as well. But he actually ended up with more time then the people charged as adults :/.. It was sad but I'm happy it won't be on his record because he was 17 Shen the crime happened. He usually gets along with staff well he has had no trouble with teachers at school or adults. Even with him being a great person would he still get abused or beat up? I'm so scared now. That's very sad , he doesn't even deserve to be at a place like that because he's not a bad person . No I'm not just saying it I absolutely know for a fact everything about my boyfriend we grew up together & the reason he's locked up was for his dumb decision to hang out with his best friends new friend and it landed him in trouble. Can I find out more about this school? Are there really 7 levels do they really apply the levels? Do the staff go after certain people by looks or personality ?
If your bf is a decent guy and if he's older there's a good chance he'll be alright - he might even come out stronger from the experience, and maybe learn to not hang around with people like that.
Doing Good

Butler, PA

#2173 May 7, 2012
And no... they do not apply the levels, if you get a chance to talk to him just tell him to learn the program and it's rules as fast as possible, tell him not to worry about the other people there do what he needs to do to make his home passes.
Be Quiet

United States

#2174 May 8, 2012
Yes. If you don't listen to all of the dingbats on this site you will not have to worry. It's like reading about the side effects of a prescription drug you are taking before you actually take it. Your mind will tell you that you have the side effects when you really don't. Also, the people that post negative things about The Mills on here are small minded, feeble people that have to take their fight to the Internet because they are not adult enough to talk to people. Don't believe everything you read on here from the idiots. GMS is what you make of it. Right Uh-larmed 12345678910112????
Memories

Philadelphia, PA

#2175 May 8, 2012
I went to the mills (95 -97) and its funny to see all these comments up here. I mean is the mills a good place hell no or your kids wouldn't be sent there in the first place. cats crying parents bitching haha. when your kids are at home you dont care what they do but since you know where they are now you have a problem. The mills aint the best but it aint the worst neither just remember that. The mills is what it is a place for fucked up kids to either go and take heed or go and fuck up and learn. Shit for me the mills was the last stop next was prison the judge made that clear to me the only reason he aint send me to prison cause my mom never showed up for court I was 15 man.
Be Quiet

United States

#2177 May 14, 2012
How Long wrote:
Be Quiet, why don t u put your name on here u hypocrite. Your so stupid u didn t realize u were contradicting yourself. Probably another uneducated Supervisor or Team Leader, or maybe even an administrator. It's no wonder the school has gone to crap, u were probably one of the dopes that got rid of Mr F and raised the price and cost us to loose over 500 students.
I sure hope "U" don't work here with spelling and grammar like that! If "U" are going to call people stupid and uneducated then "U" should make sure that "U" are not stupid and uneducated yourself!!! And "loose" over 500 students? Come on man, you can do better than that! If "U" are going to try to be a smart mouth and tough guy at least sound somewhat intelligent...and make sure you know what contradict means before you use the word. See you in the Quad!!
How long

King Of Prussia, PA

#2178 May 15, 2012
Wow u are so much smarter now. U caught me mis- spelling a couple of words. The bigger issue is that u are defending an institution that is corrupt and u are putting other people down that are challenging it, and u don t realize u are contradicting yourself. U just burn yourself over and over. Now I know u are a supervisor, TL, or Administrator. Again u are the reason GM's is struggling. U wouldn t make it at any other program or business trust me. Karma is a bitch, Penn State and the Catholic Church got theirs, GM's is coming. But keep defending abusing kids we will see how that works out f u eventually.
THF

Wilmington, DE

#2179 May 15, 2012
FRANKFORD - May 8, 2012 (WPVI)-- A teenager has died after a shooting in the Frankford section of Philadelphia moments before a movie crew arrived to continue their production.

The shooting occurred around 4:00 p.m. Monday along the 1900 block of Kinsey Street.

Police say 18-year-old Robert Sneed was shot multiple times, once in the back and once in the side.

He was rushed by medics to Temple University Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Police say the suspect was seen running into a home on Oxford Avenue.

Police went into the home and took three young men into custody. They also allegedly found a gun.

Once again, we should just give those "three young men" a good talking to.
Who knew

Kennett Square, PA

#2180 May 16, 2012
THF wrote:
FRANKFORD - May 8, 2012 (WPVI)-- A teenager has died after a shooting in the Frankford section of Philadelphia moments before a movie crew arrived to continue their production.
The shooting occurred around 4:00 p.m. Monday along the 1900 block of Kinsey Street.
Police say 18-year-old Robert Sneed was shot multiple times, once in the back and once in the side.
He was rushed by medics to Temple University Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Police say the suspect was seen running into a home on Oxford Avenue.
Police went into the home and took three young men into custody. They also allegedly found a gun.
Once again, we should just give those "three young men" a good talking to.
Or you can do the GMS thing, beat the shit out of them and call it seven levels of restraint, teach him nothing, and promote the dude that swept it all under the rug because you are all just a bunch of dumbass bullies. There are so many better, more progressive juvenile institutions. Glen Mills is yesterday's news and run by a group of idiots. I love watching it go bankrupt. LOL
uh-larmed

United States

#2181 May 16, 2012
I enjoy helping you go bankrupt. The way you treated me and my family, and others is coming back to haunt you. Everywhere I go, every court room I walk into, every business I speak to, every university I come in contact with I tell them how dispicable you are, How unethical vindictive lying and cruel. It is working. You will go down.
Be Quiet

United States

#2182 May 16, 2012
I said it before and I'll say it again. GMS was here long before any of you and will be here long after you. You're wasting your time time. Obviously none of you people are here to help kids (and don't throw the "abuse" thing back at us. That's getting a little old) do your job, talk to people and try to help kids. If you can't do that , leave and go do something else. You're whining and complaining is just plain old. I'm sure you'll just revert back to "you must be a TL or RM". So what? Get over it and get over yourself. See you in the cafe!!!!
TRESA FERRAINOLA PASTUCCI

Pflugerville, TX

#2183 May 17, 2012
After reading all comments, I have realized I have more compassion and empathy in my little finger then some have in their entire body.
Only a mental midget, lacking in integrity and morals, would stoop so low and bring innocent children into a battle based on jealousy, fiction and such hurtful alligations.
I could could go on with the truth, defending myself, children and father, but it would be waste of my time. As I know, the close minded wouldn't know or see truth if it smacked them in the face.
This cat and mouse game you continue to play is obviouly based on "hear say" rumors and "fill in the blanks" with your delusional thinking. It a child's game , and one I refuse to play.
For the record, unlike my sisters, I made the choice to move on with life outside GMS many years ago and found it to be a true blessing in desquise.
I carry with me the hard lessons learned and promised not only to myself, but to my husband and children, to leave the past in the past where it belongs.
Until you can do the same, I kindly ask you to please leave me out of it.

Signed,
"LOVING LIFE"
aka TRESA FERRAINOLA PASTUCCI
Veritas

Willow Grove, PA

#2184 May 17, 2012
TRESA FERRAINOLA PASTUCCI wrote:
After reading all comments, I have realized I have more compassion and empathy in my little finger then some have in their entire body.
Only a mental midget, lacking in integrity and morals, would stoop so low and bring innocent children into a battle based on jealousy, fiction and such hurtful alligations.
I could could go on with the truth, defending myself, children and father, but it would be waste of my time. As I know, the close minded wouldn't know or see truth if it smacked them in the face.
This cat and mouse game you continue to play is obviouly based on "hear say" rumors and "fill in the blanks" with your delusional thinking. It a child's game , and one I refuse to play.
For the record, unlike my sisters, I made the choice to move on with life outside GMS many years ago and found it to be a true blessing in desquise.
I carry with me the hard lessons learned and promised not only to myself, but to my husband and children, to leave the past in the past where it belongs.
Until you can do the same, I kindly ask you to please leave me out of it.
Signed,
"LOVING LIFE"
aka TRESA FERRAINOLA PASTUCCI
Compassion, empathy, integrity, morals, truth? These words coming from your fingertips is hilarious, delusional and incredulous.
No one "brought" kids into this, they came into this of their own volition.
You are 100% correct, defending yourself is a waste of time.
No game, just facts. You type lies, others type the truth.
Unlike your sisters, you saw the writing on the wall. You knew when your Dad was out, you would soon have to follow. It wasn't like you had a "job" or anything...,
It was easy to leave, especially with all that $$.
I truly hope you are past the troubled life you led here. Just don't come to a public board & expect people not to expose your lies when they are printed for all to see.
Taking the high road, now, when you led a low life at the expense of quite a lot of people just doesn't fly with some of us.
Stay out of the pulpit...,
Be Quiet

United States

#2185 May 18, 2012
uh-larmed wrote:
I enjoy helping you go bankrupt. The way you treated me and my family, and others is coming back to haunt you. Everywhere I go, every court room I walk into, every business I speak to, every university I come in contact with I tell them how dispicable you are, How unethical vindictive lying and cruel. It is working. You will go down.
Keep trying uh-larmed. Nothing is haunting me more than the fact that you obviously should have never worked with kids. Kids keep coming and will continue to come. As long as people like you are gone GMS will thrive and help kids. Go away.
ALARMED2

Devon, PA

#2186 May 18, 2012
Be Quiet wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep trying uh-larmed. Nothing is haunting me more than the fact that you obviously should have never worked with kids. Kids keep coming and will continue to come. As long as people like you are gone GMS will thrive and help kids. Go away.
Not sure who you are uh-larmed, but we all agree. You can reach us and become a part of our group at www.alarmedgms@hotmail.com. They will be down below 400 by December.
Be Quiet

United States

#2187 May 19, 2012
ALARMED2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure who you are uh-larmed, but we all agree. You can reach us and become a part of our group at www.alarmedgms@hotmail.com. They will be down below 400 by December.
Yeah uh-larmed. Join the revolution!!! I used to be part of the group too. They do amazing work. No one listens to them , no one cares about them, and they actually think they are going to get GMS closed down. Mr. F. would be appaled knowing that you and that group of idiots are acting like ths. You're playing with fire. GO AWAY and let the folks doing the right thing do it. See you at the Community Center!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Downingtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cougar Sighting/Caught in Downingtown, PA (Aug '08) May 18 Meat not veggies 42
News Commissioners OK $2.5M in revitalization grants May 12 Leon 1
glen mills schools (Sep '11) Apr '18 Parent cares 147
Inter County Rental Referrals SCAM! (Apr '14) Jan '18 Gcw67 21
Hunter on Westtown Way Dec '17 Huntersrcowards 1
News Wachovia closing branches; community groups pro... (Dec '06) Dec '17 weapon X 6
Zack ruff (Oct '17) Dec '17 Jon 4

Downingtown Jobs

Personal Finance

Downingtown Mortgages