Pat Robertson blames recession on greed

Full story: The Morning Call

Television evangelist Pat Robertson said the nation's dire economic circumstances are the inevitable result of years of unfettered greed in government and business and can only be reversed by the earnest action of ''fired-up'' citizens demanding a return to responsibility.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
marine

Burlington, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

pat you are so right, greed, auto companys AIG the biggest cry babies and banks, they are the reason people like me are unemployed, but they still have big paychecks and they don't give a shit for you or me,they still drive big lomos, dont they?
bizarro world

Devon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

Remember his "Pass The Loot" Club? Check this out...

Estimates of Pat Robertson’s net worth vary between 140 million and a billion dollars. While the exact figure is not known, there is little doubt that he is a wealthy man... An extremely wealthy man with a “mammoth media, educational, and legal empire”

Robertson lives on the top of a Virginia mountain, in a huge mansion with a private airstrip. He owns the Ice Capades [Pat Robertson's International Family Entertainment Inc bought Ice Capades In February 1995 from Dorothy Hamill for $10 million], a small hotel, diamond mines (in Zaire), a vitamin company (Kalo Vita) involved in a multi-level marketing scheme along the lines of Amway, and until recently, International Family Entertainment, parent company of the Family Channel … all estimated to be worth between $150-200 million”. How does a televangelist, who is supposedly involved in non-profit work, manage to create such a fortune for himself? One thing is known for sure, Robertson's numerous private business interests have at times pushed their expenses onto the tax-exempt, religious interests of CBN. For example, Robertson was caught using CBN money and equipment to aid his diamond mining operation -- a double good deal for Pat, seeing as he employed people in Zaire for ridiculously low wages, and managed to use CBN's infrastructure to cut costs even more. In looking at Robertson's businesses, one is struck by the constant use of non-profit, donor money to fund his schemes.(For documentation of this and more, see Rob Boston's book entitled The Most Dangerous Man in America?: Pat Robertson and the Rise of the Christian Coalition.)"

[http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbea rd/bdm/exposes/robertson/gener al.htm]
Disgusted

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

Pat Robertson is a scumbag.
Philly Fan

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

Duh, any fifth grader could have told you that our unbridled greed led to this recession. Let's not forget G W Bush's advice to the American people after 9/11 - SPEND! Let's not forget every time a Republican is in office the national debt skyrockets because all they do is use a big government credit card. Sounds like Mr. Robertson should have stopped speaking at that point. The Muslim religion is NOT a religion of war. Just as people, inclduing Mr. Robertson, cherry pick passages from the Bible to support their theories, so do the radical Muslims from their Koran. Mr. Robertson, as Jesus said, "Go sell all you have and give to the poor. It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye if a needle than for a rich man to enter heaven." You have stored up treasures on earth, not treasure in heaven. You lack compassion. You fail to see that President Obama's dialogs with our enemies will do us much better than our ex-President's bullying tactics.

Since: Oct 07

Schnecksville PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

To quote NCIS Charachter Jethro Gibbs

"YOU THINK"

Robertson shouldn't point any fingers
Mike

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

I like that Pat Robertson is a man of God but he's a bit nuts and takes things to the extreme.
Thomas Paine

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

Who would know greed better than Pat?
John

Conshohocken, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

It's like the pot calling the kettle black.
I know

Turmero, Venezuela

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

Mike wrote:
I like that Pat Robertson is a man of God but he's a bit nuts and takes things to the extreme.
LOL !
annoyed

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

Unfortunately there are too many people in this country who have a third grader's grasp of economics but spout opinions anyway. The real truth is that millions of morons living beyond their means were the biggest culprit here. And the sad irony is that the Obamas themselves were a classic example of this. How lucky they were that Michelle got a 200% raise right after Barack was elected to the senate and that they subsequently got rich because they were pretty leveraged before that.
Im not

Fleetwood, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

quite sure I heard these right wing fanatics go NUTS when W bowed to the same King.....you guys, if you were consistant with your hate I could take you serious but as always you're bias shit heads!
W and his cronies spent like drunken sailors.....they share the blame...not just Obama.
And btw, who, when born picked thier own name??? Pat and the rest of you haters needs to get off the freaking name kick.....Pat is a white, angry, racist, old man
BTW

Fleetwood, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

When I look at Pat and some of these other so called Christians I do NOT see Jesus.....they are from Christ like. They are the first to promote torture, they are the first to judge another person based on their religion....they are the first to cast stones at others even though the do the same thing.
I guess killing in Jesus's name is different than killing in alah's name, do I have thatright????
Again, I'm not sure I would see Jesus standing in a "tough" interegation and cheering the interregators on.
Sorry, I just don't think you right wing fanatacis resemble Jesus Christ when you're chanting kill, kill, kill,,,,,,torture, torture, torture!
annoyed

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

Im not wrote:
quite sure I heard these right wing fanatics go NUTS when W bowed to the same King.....you guys, if you were consistant with your hate I could take you serious but as always you're bias shit heads!
W and his cronies spent like drunken sailors.....they share the blame...not just Obama.
And btw, who, when born picked thier own name??? Pat and the rest of you haters needs to get off the freaking name kick.....Pat is a white, angry, racist, old man
You really like to mix anger with the stupid don'tcha? By the way, Bush did not bow to the same king, he bent down to receive a medal and some lefty propagandists spread the image of it to obfuscate and enable fools like you to unwittingly spread a lie.
TRUTH RULES FOREVER

Northampton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

WOW How ignorant we can be sometimes. Pat Robertson does claim to be penniless. He always gives praise to the Lord for the wisdom God has given him in the business world. We are blessed to align our selves with the winning side. Pat Robertson is the real deal. He has worked hard for his money. AT nearly 80 he works at least 5 days a week. He is no slouch. He believes as we all do. A worker is worth their wages. May the Lord continue to bless him royally.
Captain Jack

Round Rock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

annoyed wrote:
<quoted text>
You really like to mix anger with the stupid don'tcha? By the way, Bush did not bow to the same king, he bent down to receive a medal and some lefty propagandists spread the image of it to obfuscate and enable fools like you to unwittingly spread a lie.
He bent down to get a medal? Where do you get this crap? Reality check: it's customary, even for heads of foreign states, to bow or whatever to royalty when on sovereign ground. That goes for Dems and Repubs. It's a courtesy, nothing more.

The Bush family has been in bed with the Saudis for decades. How do yuou think they accumulated their "oil money?"

Now, if Obama had been photographed holding hands with King Abdullah as Bush was, the cry from the Far-out Right would have been overwhelming with Muslim-baiting and gay-bashing comments.
Aghast

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

Thank you Pat for stating the bleeding obvious.
annoyed

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

Captain Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
He bent down to get a medal? Where do you get this crap? Reality check: it's customary, even for heads of foreign states, to bow or whatever to royalty when on sovereign ground. That goes for Dems and Repubs. It's a courtesy, nothing more.
The Bush family has been in bed with the Saudis for decades. How do yuou think they accumulated their "oil money?"
Now, if Obama had been photographed holding hands with King Abdullah as Bush was, the cry from the Far-out Right would have been overwhelming with Muslim-baiting and gay-bashing comments.
You're a typical mind-numbed robot who can't think for himself. I correct a factual error made by a poster and look at all the venomous garbage you mindlessly inject into the mix!

Yes he was bending down to receive a medal. Simple fact. But you're obviously stupid enough to be taken in by a freeze frame culled from video which made this quite obvious.

“Dirk Duncum”

Since: Feb 07

Allentown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

Pat Robertson, Curello, Jack Van Impe, Benny Hinn, James Dobson ect. and the whole Christian right can go stick it! Pat Robertson is a pathetic hypocrite involved who has been involved in numerous pie in the sky MLM schemes over the years.
TRUTH RULES FOREVER

Northampton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

There is power in the words we speak and those we write. I wonder what we are releasing into the atmosphere as I read such hate filled blogs. Some very sad sad people out there.
TLW

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

Well, in Islam it is forbidden to bow to other humans, even a king. If Obama is such a radical muslim, don't you think he would know that?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Downingtown Discussions

Search the Downingtown Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 5 hr Usedtowearblue 51,106
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 6 hr Obama Wrong on Illegals 3,745
Angela Fusselman Should Be Ashamed Of Herself! ... Jul 6 veronica 2
Review: Kiki's Salon Chateau Jun 21 Also checkout Kikis Bridd 1
glen mills schools (Sep '11) Jun '14 posie 72
dnt get it twisted tho Jun '14 posie 3
Man Suspect in Girlfriend's Murder (Nov '07) May '14 XXX 17
•••
•••

Downingtown News Video

•••
Downingtown Dating

more search filters

less search filters