Ypsilanti, MI

#2 Nov 20, 2011
who cares wrote:
Can I get sum support
you can if you mean shutting the place down
Alex Spadel

Denton, TX

#3 Feb 9, 2012
I was placed in Glen Mills at the age of 15 by my probation officer for a misdemeanor marijuana charge. I attended from the end of February of 2005 until the end of May; in actuality a very short stay compared to most kids. The way the staff at this school treat the children is disgusting. For simply cutting their eyes or moving their body while talking to staff members I witnessed the beatings of many kids. At one point, I actually witnessed a child who was on crutches get violently thrown into a concrete wall for cutting his eyes while talking to a staff member. The worst incident I ever witnessed was when a child accidentally touched a staff member (I personally witnessed this, and I KNOW it was an accident). This poor kid was brutally beaten by a 300 pound staff member right in front of my eyes. They use the term "physical restraint"; I call it a savage beatdown. I stood in horror as I watched this kid get get thrown into a chalkboard multiple times, and when he fell to the ground on his hands and knees, this massive staff member (who's name is Jason Slizofski in case you wanted to know) proceeded to brutally kick this kid in the ribs with all his might. The kid was dragged from the classroom covered in blood, crying his eyes out. When I saw the kid later that night, he was dragged into the unit office to be beaten again by the team leader, Kevin Owens. I did not witness this, but I am not stupid, and the sounds were clear. He was then given an FTA (Failure To Adjust) and was promptly sent to another placement. The bottom line is that in the Glen Mills Schools, they do not "manually assist" or "physically restrain"; they simply beat the living daylights out of children for not complying or for being disrespectful. Keep in mind that not complying means accidentally twitching while talking to staff, not making complete eye contact, or from using any term deemed as slang when speaking to staff. On a much larger basis, I consistently witnessed widespread verbal abuse also. The staff that work at these schools are nothing short of disgusting animals, and I hope to God that one day the lid gets blown off in this school. The only thing this school did for me was make me realize that there are really some disgusting people in this world; massive men the size of NFL players who enjoy beating children for looking at them the wrong way.
Mark G

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Mar 12, 2012
If that was My child, I would have went there and put a bullet in the head of the staff member that did that. I was a student there in 1987 and 1988 and i seen beatings as well. never to a point where there was blood, but the staff did get way too rough with the students. Parents need to pay attention.
nick marino

United States

#5 Apr 5, 2012
What was said to happen at glen mills even I was not there till fall of 2007 and stayed through to spring of 2008 I know that all of that is true and I have seen similar actions some worse where a student was thrown into the cafeteria wall multiple time and another student slammed into a desk all for minor infractions but I believe that these actions though unethical are necessary to keep the order and a firm hand is what is needed to turn around the paths of kids who are sent there I did not like glen mills when I was there and saw all the mental and physical abuse kids encounter along with the multiple times I was beat but it turned me around and the programs and services they offer are remarkable but nothing is earned for free kids who can deal with the tough times will accomplish and succeed beyond expect ions the students at glen mills are juvenile delinquents in the eyes of the public they are convicted of a crime and are sentenced to jail time but glen mills turns their time into an opportunity to grow learn and become an important member of society and they do that very well but with a stern and strong hand but it has tremendous results
Truth

Naperville, IL

#6 Apr 6, 2012
I was their 2000 to2003 I seen what that place was they hurt kid bad they made me run all most 4 mile and I could not even run 1 broke my leg they made me sleep on the top bunk the same day did not see a doctor for 3 days they should send some kid with people that be leave they make kids stand on thier toes for hour and when they fell the staff punch hurt little kids after my term I was sent back I would to tell the whole story waynemccracken@ymai.com I got a lot to tell your kids are in the worst place they make it look good with talk and watch for you to leave it so
Sad
MJG

Schenectady, NY

#7 Apr 19, 2012
Is this still going on now? As a caseworker I am told to send children there?
Holotta Wytrache

Hollywood, FL

#8 Apr 21, 2012
These people were worthless and always will be.

There is a great deal of worthless white trash, sleazy Hispanics and ghetto blacks that are sent here.

They ought to just snuff these scumbags and leave them buried in the local gravel pit.

The staff all are petty small-time hoods from area white trash locations. Basically, I'd they weren't driving a Glen Mills van, they'd be driving an HVAC repair van like the blue collar white trash Irish scum that they are.
J man

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Sep 18, 2012
I was there 2003-2004...I seen one fight between peers and MANY beatings by staff... Within 3 hours of being there I was "based" for choking up when I was introducing myself to staff dude named pat... If it wasn't my first day I woulda prob got beat... Manual restraints turn into physical beatings real quick in that place.. I seen them put a kid thru the tile walls in the bathroom at the student union... Seen a staff member fresh back from Iraq punch a dude in the face wit a ring on... It's never one staff member doin the beating it's always a pack of them... An of it's on campus not just in ur hall forget about it- it'll b every staff member in the area... They broke one kids leg in the cafe because the kid broke eye contact when he was being "based" which is being yelled at face to face spit flyin an all... If that shit happened in the world them dudes would b slapped wit child abuse charges but up there it's j another day at te mills...
State Representative

Stockton, CA

#10 Oct 21, 2012
Can you provide me with other examples of abuse? If they are abusing kids...this needs to stop!
J man wrote:
I was there 2003-2004...I seen one fight between peers and MANY beatings by staff... Within 3 hours of being there I was "based" for choking up when I was introducing myself to staff dude named pat... If it wasn't my first day I woulda prob got beat... Manual restraints turn into physical beatings real quick in that place.. I seen them put a kid thru the tile walls in the bathroom at the student union... Seen a staff member fresh back from Iraq punch a dude in the face wit a ring on... It's never one staff member doin the beating it's always a pack of them... An of it's on campus not just in ur hall forget about it- it'll b every staff member in the area... They broke one kids leg in the cafe because the kid broke eye contact when he was being "based" which is being yelled at face to face spit flyin an all... If that shit happened in the world them dudes would b slapped wit child abuse charges but up there it's j another day at te mills...
geez

Wilmington, DE

#11 Dec 15, 2012
I was there in 96 that place is crazy especially johnson hall Dave Rogers was that worst that piece of shot would beat the hell out of you for saying his. Thats a nuts the way you get abused for no reason I would wish that on anyone I mean there sick people that deserve it but when your a 13 year old and your being savagely beat by a 300 pound man thats crazy Reggie Owens Bob Johnson burn in hell Dave Rogers
geez

Wilmington, DE

#12 Dec 15, 2012
State Representative wrote:
Can you provide me with other examples of abuse? If they are abusing kids...this needs to stop!
<quoted text>
a student by the name of Harold Wright from Michigan was beaten by staff from Johnson Hall and they broke his arm he had a court date a week later and was told to lie by the staff and say it was a sports injury but he to the judge what really. I guess the judge thought he was lying on the staff just to get out of the program but he wasnt and he was sent back to our unit and was beat for telling the judge what really happened then they ship him off somewhere I know this because I witnessed it
monroe hall

United States

#13 Dec 27, 2012
State Representative wrote:
<quoted text>
I was there in 1999-2000 there's beating going on everyday by staff. Its not right. people need to step up and change it or shut this ace down
JAMAA276

Baltimore, MD

#14 Dec 31, 2012
I was there years ago. Before they started naming the units after Presidents. I was in Fourwoods my bad Madison Hall, they use reject football players dishonorable discharged military etc.etc. I made it through but it wasn't thanks to them at all. I just refused to be beat or spit on by anyone. So I played my part in the Glen Mills movie. Rose through the bulls ranks all the way to student counselor and I saw a way out I halled a**. I truly believed that had shut the place down by now. I guess to much money is involved. Every beating that is described I know is true cause those 7 levels of staff confrontation ain't to be played with!!!!!!
proper

Netherlands

#15 Jan 13, 2013
in holland/europe gms has ben closed. the system could function, but it's those who run the system that make it fail.
Jose Meina of CHGO

Woodridge, IL

#16 Jan 21, 2013
I was committed to Glen Mills Back in the the mid 90's. I was entered into Taylor Hall. I can say with out a problem! If you as a parent are complaining that your bad a55 kid shouldn't be placed at Glen Mills, then your the one who needs to be in jail!
I was living among little lair's, thieves, and in my case " gangbangers from California to New York. No one was sent to this school because they were honest, or straight A kids. This school gave us the chance to do something that the judges, prosecutor,law enforcement and in a lot of case parent's couldn't do, show us to be someone! I went through the hole script in the school. I played golf ( never played it before ) studied journalism, Carried that " Confrontation Log " to become a Bull then an Exec. I left the school as a Student Consl trainee and gained so much self respect that I still use today.
( Remember ) if us, the people who actually lived on campus and didn't cry wolf when it was our fault, All they asked of us to walk a fine line. Stay on that line you can be and leave the school with so much that we didn't come in there with
To those who complain about the treatment and have never been to the School. Remember, this is a NO GATE facility! A school not jail! These workers at the school were previous students also.Some of these kids at the school were as big as 250lbs at the age of 15 and respect no one before them. Remember the Levels are there and should be respected. I can say that I did get my a55 handed to me my first 3 day, but once I figured it out, never again! so take your chances with the Department of Corrections and see if your kid who is a bad a55, then lets see how much of a Law abiding citizen you will get in return.
I was a Chicagoan who was removed from the school by the State. Not because I was a Son of a B!tch. but because a " New Concern " moved into Polk Hall after 6 students got together to escape. I only had one month left at the time, after being there for the better part of two years. To come back to Chicago and to be place back into the Department of Corrections. I was better of at the school.
All I can say is, Thanks Mr. Sam Farrinola and to the Taylor Hall staff......
phillyboi

Baltimore, MD

#17 Jan 26, 2013
I also was at da mills it had its good's n bad's All I can say is a lot of the story r TRUE!!! IM ONE OF THE THOSE KIDS WHO GOT MY ASS KICKED!!! A FEW TIME BUT IM NOT LEAVING A COMMENT TO DOWN TALK THE SCHOOL CUZ IT MADE ME A BETTER MAN!!! WITHOUT GLEN MILLS I WOULDN'T B WHERE IM AT TODAY!!!!
Gmoney

Sterling Heights, MI

#18 Mar 3, 2013
All the kids that get PRed deserve it. All these ppl putting this garbage on here make me sick. 05-07 I was a student. Never got beat! Know why? Because some people can understand what's going on others like to play games. Those who play games there get dealt with. These kids who get "beat" are serious criminals. Just look at where some of those kids are today. Prison, dead or no job, no money, they have nothing. What about Bernard Pierce from the Baltimore Ravens. He is a pro-football player. Ask him if he would be there if it wasn't for glen mills. What about Aaric Murray, he plays basketball for West Virginia. Ask him if he would be where he is if it wasn't for glen mills. I know it would have been hard because he never played basketball before glen mills. I was on the volleyball team with him so I know. These people are in the public eye alot, sont you think they qould have said this. The people that are crying about this are the same criminals you hear about on the news for kidnapping,rape, and murder. It don't matter what you whack jobs say. If you went there and your on here saying you got beat, it is because you were a dumba55 and couldn't follow simple direction. Just look at the spelling and sentence structure of the people on here crying. They can't spell or form a fuctional sentence. if you guys payed more attention to your grammar at Glen Mills you probably wouldn't have got so called "beat". If your a parent your a dumba55 as well because you know you can't trust your kid as far as you can throw him. You know he has lied to you many times. Why wouldn't he lie again to you to get out of being "locked up". Glen mills schools is the reason I am where I am today. If not I definitely would not of made it to college and been successful in the work world. I'm from Detroit,MI and I didn't like Glen Mills at all but now looking back on it, getting sent there was the best thing for me. Glen Mills Schools turns boys into men. It made me a MAN.
StarGate

Thorofare, NJ

#19 Mar 9, 2013
I was there 1963 sent there because not being tought correctly when i was in school, they kept pushing me to grade 2 to 6th and i couldnt even do 3rd grade. When i got to Jr high and you went from class to class i left, i tried to learn on my own i missed school almost a full yr and still got moved up a grade crazy.So i was sent to the mill 13 months even there at school i didnt learn nothing.i was placed out on the farm to work so anything like that i missed but it wasnt easy there. Those guys that think it did them good,well good for you, but to others not the same so it should be looked into.
g moneyy

Concord, CA

#20 Mar 9, 2013
Gmoney wrote:
All the kids that get PRed deserve it. All these ppl putting this garbage on here make me sick. 05-07 I was a student. Never got beat! Know why? Because some people can understand what's going on others like to play games. Those who play games there get dealt with. These kids who get "beat" are serious criminals. Just look at where some of those kids are today. Prison, dead or no job, no money, they have nothing. What about Bernard Pierce from the Baltimore Ravens. He is a pro-football player. Ask him if he would be there if it wasn't for glen mills. What about Aaric Murray, he plays basketball for West Virginia. Ask him if he would be where he is if it wasn't for glen mills. I know it would have been hard because he never played basketball before glen mills. I was on the volleyball team with him so I know. These people are in the public eye alot, sont you think they qould have said this. The people that are crying about this are the same criminals you hear about on the news for kidnapping,rape, and murder. It don't matter what you whack jobs say. If you went there and your on here saying you got beat, it is because you were a dumba55 and couldn't follow simple direction. Just look at the spelling and sentence structure of the people on here crying. They can't spell or form a fuctional sentence. if you guys payed more attention to your grammar at Glen Mills you probably wouldn't have got so called "beat". If your a parent your a dumba55 as well because you know you can't trust your kid as far as you can throw him. You know he has lied to you many times. Why wouldn't he lie again to you to get out of being "locked up". Glen mills schools is the reason I am where I am today. If not I definitely would not of made it to college and been successful in the work world. I'm from Detroit,MI and I didn't like Glen Mills at all but now looking back on it, getting sent there was the best thing for me. Glen Mills Schools turns boys into men. It made me a MAN.
if you was a super star then they treated you way better. you probably was in a good hall and not Johnson hall. I am a successful general contractor but I don't give credit to glen mills.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Downingtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Basement Waterproofing (Apr '14) Thu Zach 2
Inter County Rental Referrals SCAM! (Apr '14) Thu annoyed 10
University police and West Chester PD,state pol... Oct 20 Hanging my head 1
snapchat Sep 25 YoungHornyGuyy 2
One day music fest in West Chester this Saturda... Sep '14 Rasta_Lyfe 2
Review: Giftblooms.com Sep '14 Evelina H 1
Who is ruining american society? (Nov '07) Sep '14 fucblkguys 116

Downingtown News Video

Downingtown Dating
Find my Match