I was being sarcastic.
CICEROKID21

Skokie, IL

#24 Nov 15, 2009
Hi SMED! How are you?
DG resident

Downers Grove, IL

#25 Jan 26, 2010
There are many people who need the methadone clinic in Downers Grove not just because they are junkies but because they are trying to get off Vicodin or other narcotics. Vicodin is an opiate and is widely prescribed by local doctors. It is a very powerful addiction very similar to heroine only heroine is cheaper - hence more heroine addicts. Some Vicodin addicts turn to heroine when they can't get a script rewritten. The homeless and the addicts do not want ot be homeless or addicts. Please try to come up with solutions rather than complaining - it could be you, your kid, nephew or neighbor in 5 or 10 years that needs that clinic. Unfortunately addiction happens to people of all races and economic backgrounds. PADS is a wonderful program and many local families give of their time to help out. What about you?
Hello

Bloomingdale, IL

#26 Jan 26, 2010
i agree
Cheaper housing

Downers Grove, IL

#27 Jan 29, 2010
Solution wrote:
When you live in a neighborhood full of $500,000 homes, you don't expect to see homeless people. Pretty understandable why that would be upsetting to some, especially when they moved out of the city to get away from that sort of element.
Yeah in houses that are waaaaaay overpriced!!!
I never understood the draw and why Downers is worth more than other like areas?
Cheaper housing

Downers Grove, IL

#28 Jan 29, 2010
In houses that are WAAAAAAAAAAAAY overpriced. Downers is not any better than my area but just because someone decided that it's a better area then it's all of a sudden worth more than others and should not have any homeless ppl LOL. I say let nature take it's course they will leave soon enough and Biff and Buffy can go to the country club without any worries.

“Peter Smedskjaer ROCKS!”

Since: Jul 09

Woodridge

#29 Jan 31, 2010
Downers is like a good book.
You can not put the book down, but what you really want is for the leads to go to hell as soon as possible.
growup

Downers Grove, IL

#30 Feb 3, 2010
WOW! have some respect, great that you can go to walgreens while they have no place to stay.
growup

Downers Grove, IL

#31 Feb 3, 2010
Little heart wrote:
Last night while driving home from Walgreens (Odgen and Main) we encountered 6 homeless people walking across the street...
what the heck is going on in Downers Grove, isn't there a way to make these people leave and go elsewhere?
They are turning our community into a homeless garbage pit...can't the pollice do anything? They are always by the parks...this scares me and my children...Hello..how do we get them to leave?
grow up, you have no right to say this.
right

Bloomingdale, IL

#32 Feb 4, 2010
people just need to mind their own dam* business.Leave them alone they're human beings just like all of us.If your scared of them so much then why dont you get up out of your lazy couch and do something about it idio**!!!

“Peter Smedskjaer ROCKS!”

Since: Jul 09

Woodridge

#33 Feb 15, 2010
growup wrote:
<quoted text>
grow up, you have no right to say this.
Oh, he has every right to say it. It is protected speech. But he is an asshole for saying it.
In a community as rich as Downers Grove, I find it disappointing it does not want to be a place of hope for the homeless. Our children should learn Christian values of compassion, less we teach them to seek out the ivory towers of sin.
Why do we not think of ways Downers Grove can become that beacon?
A free community college would be a good start. Learning new skills is useful to everyone.
two cents

Willow Springs, IL

#34 Feb 15, 2010
"Little heart" ?? You offered 20.00$/hour cash for a rudimentary cleaning job......to a homeless person that you did not know, but scares you and your children when you see/encounter them.

You are a liar. This did not happen. That is a non-sequitur train of thought and very illogical. Find a real issue to attempt to glamorize. What a phony, spoiled, pathetic piece of work you are.
Amtrak rider

Tinley Park, IL

#35 Feb 27, 2010
Perhaps Amtak can start by removing the 20 drunken bums who camp out at the Naperville IL. train station. I spend a lovely hour on 02/21/2010 (5:30PM) being entertained by these wonderful people in the nice warm station while college students and their parents waited outside on the boarding station in the freezing snowy cold.
Start with the simple stuff and you'll get people to rid the rails again.
cak

Palos Hills, IL

#36 Feb 27, 2010
SHAME ON YOU LITTLE HEART. GOD HELP YOUR ICE FILLED VEIN"S. And who the heck do you think you are. Not your job to judge other's.
Forrest BUMP

Lisle, IL

#37 Mar 25, 2010
Get rid of the drunks, regardless of homeless or not, you don't need to be drunk. And a Methadone clinc doesn't need to be in the heart of the downtown area. A few blocks in either direction could help. They go into business's and loiter all day and use the bathroom and create problems.

They reek of alcohol and act strange because they're under the influence of drugs.

Why be compassionate about alcoholics and drug addicts.

And why are they allowed to loiter around train stations all day?

Keep moving!!!

Thin the herd!!!
Have heart

Downers Grove, IL

#38 Mar 31, 2010
Happy Gas wrote:
Perhaps one (and keep in mind I said ONE) reason we have homeless people is because of little-hearted people such as yourself in this world. Ignorance itself causes a whole other issue. I hope you never find yourself down on your luck. It's a difficult place to get out of once you're in it, although possible with a little help and patience from kind-hearted people and a little perseverance.
Ihope you never find yourself in this situation, you wouldn't even know how to handle it.
Little Heart

Downers Grove, IL

#39 Apr 6, 2010
Sorry but I think you all missed my point.
If you drive anywhere in Downers Grove, you are almost hit at every light with someone standing there asking for help.. "Single Mother 3 daughters... Out of work need to support my family... Please help, need food.."
I get that people are down on thier luck right now, and homelessness has risen..but really if you can stand outside asking for FREE handouts, why not spend that time inside filling out job applications? I have offered almost every homeless person I see something, once yes a job $20 per hour to clean up construction site, he said no, offered one to come eat Thanksgiving dinner with us, again was told No...and no not a No thank you..just NO~~ now this woman, I stopped asked what sizes and what do they need..she told me she didnt know her daughters sizes and money would be better, I handed her the Help wanted ads and went on my way...There are people out there that are truely homeless and need our help, but then you have these other ones that only want the money, no strings, no job..just FREE handouts!!! So before you say I would never understand and you all hope I end up like this..I won't and you wanna know why...I have a secure job, my husband has a secure job, we do not live outside our means, we dont need the brand names for our children and we didnt buy ahouse to impress our friends we purchased what we could afford if one of us ended up out of work..and we have saved...so I am not a stone cold bitch..I just dont want Donwers Grove to become the next Lower Wacker Drive and the price of my home to go down because of it. Move the Meth clinic away from downtown and away from our schools...that is what I want...
Tony S

Lisle, IL

#40 Apr 7, 2010
Hey, don't you enjoy all the mentally ill, addicts, and homeless that sit around the library all day? Or how about the train stations? Or how about Caribou Coffee? Or just walking up and down the street?

Downtown Downers has turned into a nightmare.
DG resident

Willowbrook, IL

#41 Apr 8, 2010
What I have a problem with is that I shouldn't feel scared while waiting in or out of the train station. On more than one occasion I have been subject to foul, loud and vulgar language. Don't forget the large beer can they hide in a glove. Isn't alcohol prohibited there? I pay taxes and work two jobs. I shouldn't have to be harassed as I am trying to get to work or run errands. I think the police need to be more active in that area.
Little Heart

Chicago, IL

#42 Apr 9, 2010
DG resident wrote:
What I have a problem with is that I shouldn't feel scared while waiting in or out of the train station. On more than one occasion I have been subject to foul, loud and vulgar language. Don't forget the large beer can they hide in a glove. Isn't alcohol prohibited there? I pay taxes and work two jobs. I shouldn't have to be harassed as I am trying to get to work or run errands. I think the police need to be more active in that area.
I totally agree!!! The police don't do anything but tell them to move on, so they stand up and move 10 feet down the way...
I pay taxes (boy do we pay taxes) I just want to be able to enjoy Downers Grove...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Downers Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bolingbrook - worst suburb in Chicagoland 8 hr forum reg 571
Review: Brizan Couture LTD (Aug '09) 14 hr Sallie 29
Esquire welcomes home friend 19 hr Good Old NAPERVILLE 1
Anyone bothered by Citgo Sat Laborer 5
Elmhurst Police can go suck a.... (Oct '09) Sat Elm Res 32
George Smith child abduction trial? (Oct '14) Apr 24 Very silly u r 26
Hillside Academy more like jail than school (May '07) Apr 24 joshua 187
More from around the web

Downers Grove People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE