Prentiss Creek - enough is enough

Prentiss Creek - enough is enough

Posted in the Downers Grove Forum

Downers Student

Palos Hills, IL

#1 Jul 24, 2011
I am a full time grad student out in the western suburbs originally from out of this area. I found Prentiss Creek advertising at my student union, I checked it out online, went on a tour, it was within my price range and seemed decent. Since moving in, its been a downhill nonstop nightmare. 3 of the other tenants in my building have been arrested, although the leasing office still was willing to let them stay...even though one was for armed robbery, another was a DUi and one was for evading deportation for being an illegal immigrant. In fact, most of the complex are illegals, as I'm finding. The two bedroom unit across the hall from me has no less than 8 people living in it, and on weekends, they have 11, and occupy 5 parking spaces even though they're allowed two. They drink in the front lawn and leave their trashy Mexican beer bottles everywhere, since those people have no pride in where they live. I'm sick of calling cops on my neighbors on a weekly basis- but this time takes the cake. At around 2:30 am Tuesday night (Wednesday early morning actually), I saw 3 of them finagling and disassembling the Com Ed junction box behind my apartment, facing the alleyway behind Westbrook market. I called the leasing office but they are so afraid of alienating their illegal tenants they told me not to jump to conclusions and that maybe they were maintenance workers. So, over r last two nights of huge storms, rain, lignin, and wind, the pedestal has remained exposed. This morning at 5 am the power went out in my building and in dunkin donuts, Westbrook, and all the stores on 63rd and Woodward on the southwest corner of the street. I don't know if this is a coincidence or not, but, considering illegal immigrants three days earlier were messing around with the box to give themselves free power, you know, since they don't get enough free handouts as it is, and now just my section has no power and won't have it until 11:30 pm tomorrow night, it seems a little suspicious.
I want to know why Prentiss Creek allows illegal immigrants and people with criminal records to move in. I want to know why they weren't obligated to inform me Section 8 trash were allowed to live in the complex. I want to know why nobody seems to care that illegal mexicans have invaded this area and are allowed to send their anchor children to this areas fine schools although they don't pay any of the taxes responsible for making the schools good in the first place. Furthermore I want to know how these trash are going to be punished and how I am going to be compensated.
Hey Meow

Glen Ellyn, IL

#2 Jul 24, 2011
They won't and you won't. Prentiss creek has been ghetto for as long as I can remember.
not me
#3 Aug 16, 2012
Been there for a month office is nice no problems with anyone. I think some people will just never be happy. So what on the DUI many people get them. the other 2 well I would not want the robber by me I feel you on that..
fedup

Chicago, IL

#4 Feb 23, 2015
They are always thinking of ways to evict people and charge extremely high fees. Maintenance is horrible;

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Downers Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Johnny Stir The Sauce 17 hr Make America Grea... 2
Review: John Swider (Jun '15) Sat Learned the hard ... 7
God bless all LE and the Hero’s on Law Enforce... Sat Tyrone 3
Russians descendants of Serbs Jan 17 Serb 2
New Northlake chief Nissen is hated by his offi... (Nov '16) Jan 13 Psychology 15
Gangs (May '08) Jan 12 Jan 27
News Downers Grove man charged with fourth DUI (Oct '07) Nov '17 WILDBILL 22

Downers Grove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Downers Grove Mortgages