Teen killed in freight train accident

Teen killed in freight train accident

There are 47 comments on the Chicago Sun-Times story from Feb 12, 2006, titled Teen killed in freight train accident. In it, Chicago Sun-Times reports that:

Authorities on Sunday were investigating the death of a 14-year-old girl who was struck and killed by an oncoming freight train in Villa Park.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Sun-Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Lisa

Chicago, IL

#1 Feb 13, 2006
everyone please pray for the family of the 14 yr old girl who got hit by the train on saturday night! she was a really good friend of mine and went to my school so please pray for her family and her boyfriends family!
Nancy Jean

AOL

#2 Feb 13, 2006
I knew this young woman, Kristen, through her aunt. She came with her sisters to Bristol IN and Bridgman MI once a year for vacation and shopping with her aunt. She had a beautiful spirit, was very polite and well mannered. She didn't mind talking to an older person, even though she was a teenager. She always had time to chat. I will truly miss seeing her.
Nancy Jean

AOL

#3 Feb 13, 2006
Lisa wrote:
everyone please pray for the family of the 14 yr old girl who got hit by the train on saturday night! she was a really good friend of mine and went to my school so please pray for her family and her boyfriends family!
Lisa, I am praying for your friend's family as well as her boyfriend's family. I will pray for you too because I know you will miss your good friend Kristen deeply.
CMC

Lombard, IL

#4 Feb 13, 2006
I went to school with Kristen. She was so sweet. I am praying for her twin sister, siblings, other family members, friends, and her boyfriend. I cannot even begin to imagine how hard this must be for everyone who was so close to her.
With prayers and best of thoughts and wishes for Kristen's family and friends,
-C.M.C.
Cmc

Lombard, IL

#5 Feb 13, 2006
I went to school with Kristen. She was so sweet. I cannot even imagine how hard this has to be for her family, boyfriend, and friends. I am praying for them all and sending the best of thoughts. I know everyone who knew Kristen- whether as a family member, friend, or classmate- misses her a lot.
Ben Fox

Ipswich, UK

#6 Feb 14, 2006
I knew Kristen and Kendra from Camp Algonquin where I used to work. Such lovely well mannered girls. A credit to their Mom Kathy. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Lisa

Chicago, IL

#7 Feb 26, 2006
Kristen sweetie i miss u soo much! these past couple of weeks havent been the same w/o u! the bus is so quite w/o u!! i miss ur smile and every joke u ever told me!! i try not to cry everyday but it doesnt work! i miss u! i would give anything up to have u back! everyone misses u! i love u forever! you will always be in my heart! save a spot for me up there so we can party and have a good time when its my turn to go! i miss u hope ur doing fine up in heaven! were gonna take care of ur sis for u so dont worry! I LOVE U SO MUCH HUN! I MISS U SO MUCH!!!! ever since u died i really dont want to get up in the morning anymore but i no u wouldnt want me to be sad all the time! i love u soooooooooo much!
Michael McArthur

Oak Brook, IL

#8 Apr 21, 2007
Hey, did you ever think of teaching your Kids not to play on the train-tracks?

Do you see that leather thing around your waist that holds your pants up?? It is called a belt, you lay that across a Kid's ass when they play with matches (and walk on the train-tracks), and they won't do it any more. It's REAL easy!!

Wake up Mom & Dad.
dee

Lady Lake, FL

#9 Dec 27, 2007
Girls, I saw you the other day at the cemetery where Kristen is and i am praying for you and all of Kristen's friends and family. I know how hard this is, going through life without somebody dear next to you, but she is right there, hanging out the best way she can. My girl, Eri was killed 4.5 years ago by a train. She was 19 and the lights were broken at the crossing. To the idiot above...you have no idea of all teh circumstances involved. In our case, a fuse was blown for almost a year and my daughter was the one that got hit. NO matter how...sudden death is very difficult to work through. Live your best life girls, as she would want/
Jordan

United States

#10 Dec 30, 2007
Ey fam wat school did she go to?
Michael McArthur

Hinsdale, IL

#11 Jan 1, 2008
Hey Dee, learn how to spell, stupid people get killed off quick, nature's law of selection, i.e. survival of the fittest. Idiot.
Katie and Colleen

Owings, MD

#12 Jan 1, 2008
Ok, first of all i am so sorry for your loss to everyone who knows this girl. Secondly, This is to the Jackass above. We feel that someone needs to come and smack you across the face with that thing that holds up your pants. If you have comments no matter how stupid they may be KEEP THEM TO YOURSELF!! No one cares about them and this is certainly not the place to be writing them.
Czechvar

United States

#14 Jan 8, 2008
Hey Mickey..sell that Peewee Herman doll at the flea market yet?

If you people could see what this guy looks like...a train wreck indeed.
Kate

Rockford, IL

#15 Jun 10, 2008
I think you need to keep your comments to yourself and find some compassion. Get off the computer and go out and find help for your sick mind!!!
Michael McArthur wrote:
Katie & Colleen; Choo, Choo, Choo, Choo, Choo.....
Here comes the Train,.... SMACK!!!
ashley

Justice, IL

#16 Aug 18, 2008
hey babbeee girll i miss you like crazy you know,and for the guy who said wake up mom and dad screw youuu,it wasnt her fault no one can ever reaplce this girl <3 i love you babeee thanks for watchng over me (:
muay thai monster

Lombard, IL

#17 May 14, 2009
i didnt know her but she was best friends wit my sister, she was a really nice yung gurl god bless her heart my best friend killed herself in 2004 on the same tracks not 2 bfar from where kristen got hit, its very sad these yung kids gotta go so soon due 2 poor attention from older officials like the people that needed to fence that area 2 begin wit but god bless her heart and family kristen u r missed
community idiot

Kansas City, MO

#18 May 16, 2009
i had a friend from wwinfield who died on a tilt a whirl
USMC21

Lombard, IL

#19 Feb 23, 2010
her sister just commited suicide on the same track saturday night plz pray for there family i misssss kristen and kendraaa aloottt i will c u soon! I GO TO IRAQ IN 2 MONTHS KENDRA BE BE BY MY SIDE!
good citizen

Western Springs, IL

#20 Feb 23, 2010
her sister committed suicide on saturday? how old was she?my thoughts and prayers are with you all.God Bless
ashleigh

Hoffman Estates, IL

#21 Feb 23, 2010
now kendra gets hit, her twin sister :(
r.i.p babygurls
love you...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Downers Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Coal City puts home rule on the ballot 5 hr Tax Fairy 6
Claar DESPERATE & PATHETIC 10 hr Power Ranger 3
bfd 10 hr Power Ranger 2
Claar PATHETIC & DESPERATE 12 hr Roger is PATHETIC 1
Review: Asset Recovery Associates ARA Inc (May '16) 14 hr Nick Hall 352
BPD Sgt McRay fired claims discrimination Tue Barbers corner 22
Gangs (May '08) Tue ChiraqDemon21 25

Downers Grove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance