Authorities release name of weekend drowning victim

There are 20 comments on the WOODTV story from Aug 14, 2006, titled Authorities release name of weekend drowning victim. In it, WOODTV reports that:

We now know the name of the man who drowned over the weekend in Berrien County. The sheriff's department says 22-year-old Brendan Tobinski from Chicago drowned early Sunday morning after going on a canoe ride ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOODTV.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Gio

Chicago, IL

#1 Aug 16, 2006
This is sooo Sad. Brendan was great friend of mine and loved by all that he encountered. Upon correspondence with the circle of people in which we hung togther, we all came to the same conclusion that it didn't take long to take to Brendan as if he was one of your own family members. Brendan I miss you already homie, and Pray for you being in a better place already.

May God bless you
Much love
Your homie
Gio
Rebecca

Chicago, IL

#2 Sep 4, 2006
~Best Friend~ Brendan was a Beautiful person inside and out. He had a heart of gold! I knew him for a VERY LONG time. Grade school days will be remembered forever, as well as all the crazy stuff we did together, growing up. He WAS FAMILY! Mom misses you asking for your morning Bagel Sandwiches. Because you know that no one made them like she did... Dad misses working with you. And I miss seeing your face brightening my day, everyday. I do know that you are walking the Heavens above, Baby Boy. You are with God and your mother now. Fly Free Angel... I LOVE YOU ALWAYS AND FOREVER MORE!!

Your Baby Girl,
Becca

You Will Always Be In My Heart!
G_mAc

Chicago, IL

#3 Sep 14, 2006
damn idk where to start... its really fukced up that ppls say that "he" is a better place... how the fukc would they know?!! the life he had here on earth wasnt that great to him... and im hoping that he did make it to the pearly gates. wat really fukcin sux is that his dad donated his body to science.... i really wished that he didnt do that and he would of gave him a proper burial.. damn yo this is too surreal to me.. imma kill this note like this.. 1<3 Brendan aka shadow aka my niKKa
Anthony Nicpon

Chicago, IL

#4 Mar 27, 2007
I loved Brendan as a brother and always will.
Maria Precious T Bondoc

United States

#5 Oct 1, 2007
I went to grammar school with Brendan and I remembered he sent me those singing valentines and I was always pissed at him for doing it because I wasn't into the whole Valentine thing..I just want to say thanks Brendan I learned to cherish those memories and I'm still in shock about this whole situation seemed like yesterday we were in the same class bored out of our asses and you and your soccer skills! Miss you may the angels be with you!..N.C.A class of 1997
Never forgotten

Chicago, IL

#6 Nov 20, 2008
I still think about you everyday.
unknown

Wausau, WI

#7 Nov 28, 2008
To GmAc do you need to cuss with the cussing you do you sure wont make it to the pearly gates.
Wolverine

Chicago, IL

#8 Dec 21, 2008
i miss you buddy
acidwolverine

Chicago, IL

#9 Jan 9, 2009
He is missed big time by many.
Sbach

Vernon Hills, IL

#10 Mar 20, 2009
Truley missed man, wish you were here to see my son, he just turned 2 on the 18th. His name is Brendan.
hogetnekked

Chicago, IL

#11 Apr 12, 2009
I miss you man and could use your words of encouragement in my time of need.
Kappaluv69

Chicago, IL

#12 May 14, 2009
Miss you buddy. Miss you a lot.
Wolverine

Chicago, IL

#13 Jun 18, 2009
I miss you pal. You were one in a million.
hogetnekked

Chicago, IL

#14 Nov 16, 2009
You are not forgotten, you are missed daily.
Coolaid

Chicago, IL

#15 Mar 19, 2010
Still miss you and think of you.
Best Friends Forever

United States

#16 Jul 12, 2010
What I wouldn't give to have one more day with you.
Big City Tap

United States

#17 Nov 9, 2010
Thank you for being my angel and looking out for me.
jimmy madison

Ashland, LA

#18 Nov 11, 2010
could this be mob related?i mean 2 ppl 9 day's apart,2 miles or so apart both found on the beach,sound's funny to me,and thay dont know who the 2cd guy is,maby thay should cheack chicago and the other serounding town's,im sorry for everyone's loss, i didn't know the guy,but this just sounds alittle to concedental to me.(sorry about my spelling)
Bill

Crystal Lake, IL

#19 Nov 13, 2010
Gio wrote:
This is sooo Sad. Brendan was great friend of mine and loved by all that he encountered. Upon correspondence with the circle of people in which we hung togther, we all came to the same conclusion that it didn't take long to take to Brendan as if he was one of your own family members. Brendan I miss you already homie, and Pray for you being in a better place already.
May God bless you
Much love
Your homie
Gio
I played soccer with Brendan from the age of 13 till I was 18. I will never forget him.
Oak Street

Elmwood Park, IL

#20 Jan 3, 2011
You had a heart of gold and I know that you watch out for me from up above.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dowagiac Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 100 jobs to be created as Premier Tool & Die ex... (Jul '11) Apr 30 America 2
News Pinkney To Be Sentenced Monday For Election Fraud Apr 26 child of god 2
News Dangerous trains rolling through West Michigan. Apr 25 Who 1
Daniel Berry (Nov '09) Apr 21 bikerman 2
who knows where anything is Apr 19 wandering 1
News Edward Pinkney found guilty for five counts of ... (Nov '14) Apr 17 Peter Bertemes 3
News Berrien County Treasurer Target Of Recall, But ... Mar '15 R_Flamand 1
More from around the web

Dowagiac People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]