Driver dead after hitting tree

Driver dead after hitting tree

There are 62 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Aug 10, 2008, titled Driver dead after hitting tree. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

A 21-year-old man from Dowagiac is dead after crashing his car early Sunday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Proud Cherokee”

Since: Aug 08

Grand Rapids, MI

#1 Aug 10, 2008
It seems we have been seeing an increase in auto accidents now that the gas prices are lower. This is so sad, I wish it would stop. So many grieving families now. :(
Jen

Canton, MI

#2 Aug 10, 2008
Unfortunately, most of them are due to alcohol.
Countingstars wrote:
It seems we have been seeing an increase in auto accidents now that the gas prices are lower. This is so sad, I wish it would stop. So many grieving families now.:(
Old Rocker

United States

#3 Aug 10, 2008
IF he was drunk, thank goodness he was traveling alone and hit a tree instead of another vehicle.
getaclue

Colorado Springs, CO

#4 Aug 10, 2008
Too bad he wasn't in Spring Lake, that tree would have been cut down.
It takes all kinds

Grand Rapids, MI

#5 Aug 10, 2008
Countingstars wrote:
It seems we have been seeing an increase in auto accidents now that the gas prices are lower. This is so sad, I wish it would stop. So many grieving families now.:(
What does gas prices have to do with traffic crashes?
Can someone connect those dots for me.
Darin

Grand Rapids, MI

#6 Aug 10, 2008
It takes all kinds wrote:
<quoted text>
What does gas prices have to do with traffic crashes?
Can someone connect those dots for me.
I think they are implying that since you can't drive without gasoline, and without driving, no one would die in car accidents, we should really ban gasoline. Don't be silly and blame the individual, that'd be crazy.
\
\ Dots connected --- your welcome.
\
\.
John M

Rockford, MI

#7 Aug 10, 2008
Just another really good reason why alcohol should be illegal.

“Taz say Hi”

Since: Jan 08

Holland,MI

#8 Aug 10, 2008
John M wrote:
That was tried and caused more problems than legal alcohol. It was called prohibition.
Darn trees

Grand Rapids, MI

#9 Aug 10, 2008
I just hate it when those darn tree just jump out in the middle of the road like that!
heather

Greenville, MI

#10 Aug 10, 2008
alcohol and trees dont mix
freedom1

Denver, CO

#11 Aug 10, 2008
Where did it say alcohol I thought it said he fell asleep at the wheel that does no automatically mean the person was drinking if I miss ed that part of the article please correct me.

Since: Aug 08

United States

#12 Aug 10, 2008
Gentle Taz wrote:
<quoted text>
That was tried and caused more problems than legal alcohol. It was called prohibition.
Exactly!!!!1
Banthewetodds

United States

#13 Aug 10, 2008
freedom1 wrote:
Where did it say alcohol I thought it said he fell asleep at the wheel that does no automatically mean the person was drinking if I miss ed that part of the article please correct me.
right at the end of the story, read it all next time...
not just what you want to read..
"Police say Saylor was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash, and alcohol may have been a factor."
Picklehead

Genoa City, WI

#14 Aug 10, 2008
My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.
wow

Traverse City, MI

#15 Aug 10, 2008
John M wrote:
well it is illegal to drink and drive. Its just to bad that another young kid had to die because of drinking and driving! I am very sorry for his family. This sounds like another death that could have been avoided if he would have made a different choice. When are these kids going to learn this why do they have to keep dying because of drinking and driving!

“Be Respectful”

Since: Jul 08

Grand Rapids

#16 Aug 10, 2008
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Please people, don't drink and drive, as it could cause your families such distress and broken hearts over the loss of a loved one.
Grim Reality

Grand Rapids, MI

#17 Aug 10, 2008
Another Darwin award winner! Thank you for removing yourself from the gene pool.

Only stupid people drive drunk. Thank god he didn't take anyone else with him.
Stuned

Elizabethtown, KY

#18 Aug 10, 2008
Ok, so Saylor was not Stupid, he was a nice carring young guy, just tring to have a little fun in his life. And he was of age to do so. He fell asleep behind the wheel from being up all night, it stinks that his truck crossed the center line, and hit a tree. But i feel blessed to have known him, and my thougts and prayers go to his family and friends.
dowagiac

United States

#19 Aug 10, 2008
oh my..dowagaic..that is my hometown... dont think i know him..but i know the family name..my prayers..so sad!
Flanders

United States

#20 Aug 10, 2008
Here we go again. Another deadly alcohol related crash. We have a war on drugs and a war on terror (or whatever dubya is calling it now) but no war on drunk driving. Yet drunk (and just plain bad) drivers kill more people per year than all illegal drugs and acts of terrorism COMBINED. On top of that, we as Americans allow bars and/or liquor stores on what seems like nearly every street corner i America. Alcohol companies are even allowed to advertise and glamorize their deadly products to our children through commercials, ad's in magazines, and at all sporting events which attract millions of underage impressionable viewers. Way to go, America.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dowagiac Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Three Straight Weeks Of Gas Price Declines Jul '16 Traveling Jones 1
News Contractor Hired To Tear Down Mercy Hospital Jul '16 marvinlzinn 1
News Benton Harbor Serial Rapist Sentenced Jun '16 Big187 1
News BH Commission Discusses Plan For Former Mercy H... Jun '16 Msmoore 2
Can someone set it straight May '16 The Bartonator 1
News Innocent man ends up pals with crooked cop that... Apr '16 Joice 1
News Benton Twp Murder Suspect Has Trial Set For April (Feb '16) Mar '16 patipan 2

Dowagiac Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dowagiac Mortgages