Driver dead after hitting tree

Full story: WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan

A 21-year-old man from Dowagiac is dead after crashing his car early Sunday morning.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of62
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Proud Cherokee”

Since: Aug 08

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2008

It seems we have been seeing an increase in auto accidents now that the gas prices are lower. This is so sad, I wish it would stop. So many grieving families now. :(
Jen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2008

Judged:

Unfortunately, most of them are due to alcohol.
Countingstars wrote:
It seems we have been seeing an increase in auto accidents now that the gas prices are lower. This is so sad, I wish it would stop. So many grieving families now.:(
Old Rocker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2008

Judged:

IF he was drunk, thank goodness he was traveling alone and hit a tree instead of another vehicle.
getaclue

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2008

Judged:

Too bad he wasn't in Spring Lake, that tree would have been cut down.
It takes all kinds

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2008

Judged:

Countingstars wrote:
It seems we have been seeing an increase in auto accidents now that the gas prices are lower. This is so sad, I wish it would stop. So many grieving families now.:(
What does gas prices have to do with traffic crashes?
Can someone connect those dots for me.
Darin

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2008

It takes all kinds wrote:
<quoted text>
What does gas prices have to do with traffic crashes?
Can someone connect those dots for me.
I think they are implying that since you can't drive without gasoline, and without driving, no one would die in car accidents, we should really ban gasoline. Don't be silly and blame the individual, that'd be crazy.
\
\ Dots connected --- your welcome.
\
\.
John M

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2008

Judged:

Just another really good reason why alcohol should be illegal.

“Taz say Hi”

Since: Jan 08

Holland,MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2008

Judged:

John M wrote:
That was tried and caused more problems than legal alcohol. It was called prohibition.
Darn trees

Byron Center, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2008

Judged:

I just hate it when those darn tree just jump out in the middle of the road like that!
heather

Greenville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2008

alcohol and trees dont mix
freedom1

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2008

Where did it say alcohol I thought it said he fell asleep at the wheel that does no automatically mean the person was drinking if I miss ed that part of the article please correct me.

Since: Aug 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2008

Gentle Taz wrote:
<quoted text>
That was tried and caused more problems than legal alcohol. It was called prohibition.
Exactly!!!!1
Banthewetodds

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2008

Judged:

freedom1 wrote:
Where did it say alcohol I thought it said he fell asleep at the wheel that does no automatically mean the person was drinking if I miss ed that part of the article please correct me.
right at the end of the story, read it all next time...
not just what you want to read..
"Police say Saylor was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash, and alcohol may have been a factor."
Picklehead

Harvard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2008

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.
wow

Allegan, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2008

John M wrote:
well it is illegal to drink and drive. Its just to bad that another young kid had to die because of drinking and driving! I am very sorry for his family. This sounds like another death that could have been avoided if he would have made a different choice. When are these kids going to learn this why do they have to keep dying because of drinking and driving!

“Be Respectful”

Since: Jul 08

Grand Rapids

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2008

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Please people, don't drink and drive, as it could cause your families such distress and broken hearts over the loss of a loved one.
Grim Reality

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2008

Judged:

Another Darwin award winner! Thank you for removing yourself from the gene pool.

Only stupid people drive drunk. Thank god he didn't take anyone else with him.
Stuned

Granger, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2008

Ok, so Saylor was not Stupid, he was a nice carring young guy, just tring to have a little fun in his life. And he was of age to do so. He fell asleep behind the wheel from being up all night, it stinks that his truck crossed the center line, and hit a tree. But i feel blessed to have known him, and my thougts and prayers go to his family and friends.
dowagiac

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2008

oh my..dowagaic..that is my hometown... dont think i know him..but i know the family name..my prayers..so sad!
Flanders

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2008

Here we go again. Another deadly alcohol related crash. We have a war on drugs and a war on terror (or whatever dubya is calling it now) but no war on drunk driving. Yet drunk (and just plain bad) drivers kill more people per year than all illegal drugs and acts of terrorism COMBINED. On top of that, we as Americans allow bars and/or liquor stores on what seems like nearly every street corner i America. Alcohol companies are even allowed to advertise and glamorize their deadly products to our children through commercials, ad's in magazines, and at all sporting events which attract millions of underage impressionable viewers. Way to go, America.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of62
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Dowagiac Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Dowagiac People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance