Video Suggests Terrorists Train In Te...

Video Suggests Terrorists Train In Tennessee Community - NewsCh...

There are 319 comments on the NewsChannel5.com Nashville story from Feb 8, 2010, titled Video Suggests Terrorists Train In Tennessee Community - NewsCh.... In it, NewsChannel5.com Nashville reports that:

There is a Muslim community in rural middle Tennessee called Islamville. Some believe it is a secret Islamic terrorist training camp.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsChannel5.com Nashville.

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
interested

Kendallville, IN

#1 Feb 8, 2010
wow, I pray this not true
Tennessee Lover

Tullahoma, TN

#2 Feb 8, 2010
How in the world can we allow this to happen in our backyards? I hope the system will allow us to investigate this further. I would hate to know my children had to grow up next to that kind of hate for the American people, while our sons and daughters are over there fighting against the same thing.
sonny burger

Nashville, TN

#4 Feb 8, 2010
are the walls keeping people out or keeping people in?
shame

Nashville, TN

#5 Feb 8, 2010
This is a shameful "news" story and it uses innuendo to scare people. Why didn't they interview the FBI or the police and get facts on this instead of making stuff up?
Fearmonger

Jackson, TN

#7 Feb 8, 2010
I agree with "Shame" that this is a poor way to sell a story to the public. What if someone doesn't tune in tonight and simply takes the innuendo from last night as fact - maybe they decide to drive up to Dover to take action on their own? Should we start to be suspicious of any and all groups of people who determine to live out in the country in peace? We best start keeping a watchful eye on any Amish or Mennonites in TN because who knows what they might be cooking up! While we are at it, we might want to monitor all the home-schoolers.... they could be teaching anarchy on a grand scale! If these people are indeed training Jihadists, I would HOPE that the Federal authorities are tracking them and keeping an eye on what is going on there. I'm sure they are well aware of these people. I just think the way the story was presented last night leaves the public to assume the worst. If there is nothing to the suggestion that there are terrorists in Dover, then I wouldn't be surprised if those living there take legal action for defamation of character. At the least, they have reason to be fearful of their safety. Certainly if they are involved in dangerous activity, I would likewise hope they are dealt with to the full extent of the law.
Now

Nashville, TN

#8 Feb 8, 2010
So - any takers on a bet that says the final conclusion is that these are just peaceful worshippers?
Fed Up

Smyrna, TN

#12 Feb 8, 2010
Ainut wrote:
Let us always remember, "All Muslims are not terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslim".
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. What about the Unibomber? Timothy McVeigh? Last time I checked, Muslims did not have a monopoly on terrorism.
I think this entire article is horribly irresponsible of Channel 5. There is no real information here, no objective reporting, just a lot of supposition and innuendo from people who make it their lives work to breed hatred of anyone different from themselves.
egale3

Union City, TN

#13 Feb 8, 2010
I am surprised that more "God-fearing" Americans whose faith is supposed to be rooted and grounded in the bed-rock principles of the holy scriptures are not sounding off on this. DO YOU believe that you can stick your head in the sand and our problems will disappear? Freedom to use an expression is not free! Are your children at risk in the future from Sharia Law? This law as applied in the Middle East and Africa that has been well recorded and documented allows this extremism to "kill the infidel"! In some areas it is called an "honor killing" to exterminate Christians! Just look up ACLJ.com ! Wake up! This is not an imaginary boogie man but the real extreme end of America as we know it deal!
Zane

Antioch, TN

#14 Feb 8, 2010
Ok...so what did you find out Nick? Is the video really from this community?
wildcat

United States

#15 Feb 8, 2010
greater wrote:
There is no doubt it is a terrorist training camp in disguise. It should be outlawed and closed. All terrorists are Muslims and they are determined to wipe the USA off the map.
All terrorists are Muslims??? Joking right...please say you are not that stupid. That is like saying all people in West VA have uncle daddies....or all white men can't jump...or all rednecks have 4x4 trucks (hmm wait...never mind on the last one).

I do agree that they (terrorists) intend to do great harm to US citizens. What I worry about is that our Govt has to be right 100% of the time...while the terrorist only have to be right once.
wow

Morristown, TN

#16 Feb 8, 2010
Don't give in to fear. That's exactly what they want. To control you with fear so anytime you see an article or news talking about terrorist or trying to invoke fear ask yourself what rights will I have to give up to feel safe again.... because that's exactly what they are trying to do.....
Jounalistic Ethics

Franklin, TN

#17 Feb 8, 2010
I cannot express how appalled I am at news channel 5. This is the MOST irresponsible journalism I've experienced on a local level. Your promotions during the SuperBowl, the largest possible viewing audience this year, has struck fear, hatred, and a fire under any uneducated backward thinking bigot in the viewing audience. I am severely concerned with your methods and feel a slander case is waranted. I hope these CITIZENS sue you for every penny you're worth.

This ignorance and false portrayal is a far cry from the ethics courses all journalist must take in their education.

Signed,
disappointed Christian.
Mom of three boys

Houston, TX

#18 Feb 8, 2010
Well your damned if you do and damned if you don't. Either they're not bringing to the attention of the public or not taking precautionary steps or they are bringing it to the public's attention and possibly being too cautious.
Fearmonger

Jackson, TN

#19 Feb 8, 2010
Am I full of it? If you think I believe that Home-schoolers should be watched, the actual answer is "no." But you could certainly manufacture a similar story that makes it seem that way if the same treatment from this story were given to it. If some think that we're on a slippery slope to Sharia Law then how can you not apply the same slope to singling out a group of people living in seclusion to any other group that is doing the same? There are far more Muslims in this country who are law-abiding citizens and who would never consider attacking this country than those who would.
Timothy Wade

Williamsport, TN

#20 Feb 8, 2010
this morning there were 50 plus comments and the majority of comments were against the pathetic story...you guys managed to delete all those and only show the ones that are ignorant....shame on you channel 5..shame ON YOU. You dont have the guts to post the comments of the viewers who raised concerns on your pathetic attempt to boost ratings...
Timothy Wade

Williamsport, TN

#21 Feb 8, 2010
Ignorant is rampant in TN. I am dissapointed that channel 5 is sounding more like the bozos on fox news who call themselves jounalists for some perverted reason
Timothy Wade

Williamsport, TN

#22 Feb 8, 2010
If you crave for journalism beyond excellence then ditch this pathetic news channel and watch linkTV. www.linktv.org and do yourself a huge favor...
Timothy Wade

Williamsport, TN

#23 Feb 8, 2010
Tennessee Lover wrote:
How in the world can we allow this to happen in our backyards? I hope the system will allow us to investigate this further. I would hate to know my children had to grow up next to that kind of hate for the American people, while our sons and daughters are over there fighting against the same thing.
the previous president started 2 wars based on lies and distortions. The US military has done a great deal of damage in all the countries they have been stationed at...look up the crimes committed by US military men, rape/ murder etc. Media never does a story on that...Ft Campbell soldier was sentenced to lifetime for raping a 14 yr old, killing all her 6 family memebers including 6 yr old girl and setting the bodies on fire to get rid of the evidence....Stop smoking pot and seek the truth dumb head..
Cant BelieveThis

United States

#24 Feb 8, 2010
How in the world do we let stuff like this happen
Jihadwatch dot org

Nashville, TN

#25 Feb 8, 2010
rightrevreg wrote:
<quoted text>
Your assertions are sick, your logic twisted. I grew up in evangelical southern environs and I'm more afraid of christianists than muslims. The havoc they've wreaked on mankind over the centuries in the name of their god is disgusting. And of course it's really rich that a population descended from thieves and slaveowners would have anything to say about outsiders and immigrants. I'd say my chances of dying at the hands of an extremist muslim are right up there with choking on a cabbage leaf. BTW, I wouldn't use such big words like "conflagration", none of your redneck racist colleagues will understand you.(end quote)

Wow, you sound like a prime candidate for an aneurysm. With apologies to all the "christianists" out there, I partially agree with you. Organized religion has done much more harm than good to mankind. It's just another way to build walls and breed hatred. But, unless I'm mistaken, Christians are no longer in the business of making non-believers convert or die.

http://infidelsarecool.com/2006/12/05/muhamma...

How dare you stereotype me as a racist redneck based on my disdain for a "religion" that threatens my family, my country, and everything I hold dear. You're right... our chances of being killed by a muslim extremist are low... and I would like to keep it that way. Get off your high horse, and go choke on your cabbage leaf.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Officer Wesley Hagler 6 hr Smh 14
kenneth jay holland jr 7 hr asking 14
Stephanie Hurst low lifee 8 hr hhhh 1
hope center (Feb '13) 11 hr Jeannie 53
Facebook pages being started by someone else. 16 hr Farts Books 2
Katrina Hendricks 17 hr Jlf 3
Jimmy Key Jr (Dec '10) 17 hr Jlf 4

Dover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance