Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#43785 Nov 30, 2012
TaxNoMore wrote:
Surf’s up!
Obamas taking $4 million Hawaiian vacation as America plunges over fiscal cliff
President Obama can’t be troubled to meet with Congressional leaders.
Well, it looks like the country will have to wait a little longer for even a halfhearted show of leadership.
While the president is threatening Americans that Republicans will steal their $2000, he’s preparing to embark on a three-week,$4 million Hawaiian vacation.
Funded by taxpayers, of course.
//////////
Dan the Man
Carlisle, PA
sez
They're saving us ALL from the expense of unnecessary waste and pollution.
It's a GOOD thing.
Show us a source.
expensive vacationn

Chambersburg, PA

#43786 Nov 30, 2012
Disinterested Party wrote:
<quoted text>
Show us a source.
I just looked it up and taxnomore is correct, it is true! Just google Obama and his 4 million dollar vacation funded by the taxpayers! He is to be gone for 20 days while this country is going over the cliff.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#43788 Nov 30, 2012
Taxpayers spent $1.4 billion on Obama family last year, perks questioned in new book

Gray told The Daily Caller that the $1.4 billion spent on the Obama family last year is the

“total cost of the presidency,”

factoring the cost of the

“biggest staff in history at the highest wages ever,”

a 50 percent increase in the numbers of appointed czars and an Air Force One

“running with the frequency of a scheduled air line.”

“The most concerning thing, I think, is the use of taxpayer funds to actually abet his re-election,” Gray, who worked in the Eisenhower administration and for other Republican presidents, said in an interview with TheDC on Wednesday.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/26/taxpayers-s...

It's what he ran on and what the American people elected him to do.

"I do not lie" and "I'm not a racist"

Since: Sep 12

Seattle, WA

#43789 Nov 30, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Why all the melodramatic faux-outrage over this? This is how the process works. The President has put his proposal on the table. Now the GOP can present their proposal and negotiations between the two can begin. What's the problem?

Don't you understand? The proposal from Obama is BS and only a fool would trust him. Obama knows exactly what the republicans want, what's negotiable and what is not. Obama has offer nothing and shows no flexibility.

Whats this I hear, Obama wants to have full authority, by-passing congress to raise the debt limit as he sees fit? Obama wants his own rules and powers to do what he sees fit....you still don't see this do you?

Checks and balances we must have. Hopefully someway Obama will be removed from office, for the betterment of our country.

The next four years will show exactly what Obama is about and where he wants to take America. You voted for him so don't start crying when you finally open your eyes and see him for what he is.
Ned

Rancho Cordova, CA

#43790 Nov 30, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
The state has a legitimate interest in conserving energy and reducing pollution. When individuals prioritize their personal selfish desires over the common good, the state has valid cause to intervene.
It's called "the public good" friend. Get used to it.
You're such a sucker to believe all that crap. And an even bigger idiot to repeat it.

Since: Sep 12

Seattle, WA

#43791 Nov 30, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
And for the record - the President's proposal isn't anything particularly new. It's what he ran on and what the American people elected him to do.
Yep, nothing new, the same old BS for the next four years, only worse. 60,000,000 didn't vote for Obama.
Reverend Irreverent

State College, PA

#43792 Nov 30, 2012
More voted for Obama than Romney. He's United States President for another four years. Deal with it.

I hated Bush, and I'm not an Obama cheerleader that finds him infallible. But the sniveling of the detractors and defeated has reached an all-time high. For as much negativity as I felt toward Bush, I never whined and claimed I was on the verge of fleeing the country. The sight of so many sore losers stating they're about to do so speaks volumes about where they stand. Patriots when things are in their favor, secession-happy when things go south (no pun intended). When things don't go your way, instead of finding your own niche and carving out a positive place, just cry and run away. What an inspirational set of 'patriots'.

This is the nation and world we live in. As has been said many times, people chose the puppet they wanted to see dance to the tune of corporate America. Ultimately you would have seen little difference no matter who was planted in the White House or Congress.

Post all of the disputed statistics and disputed numbers and disputable blogger editorials you want because nothing is being changed. And this particular thread will continue to run as little more than ad hominem arguments and accusations of opponents posting preferred data from conservative- and liberal-leaning sources, repeating itself ad infinitum. This thread which is also a microcosm of the entire politically-charged internet as the pseudo-anonymous slug it out in a glorified pissing contest.

None of you or your opinions matter worth a damn in the grand scheme. Get over it, live your life. The idea of the same small group of people bitching over the same static eventualities for another four years further dampens my outlook on humanity's sad course.
The Norquist

Washington, DC

#43793 Nov 30, 2012
Reverend Irreverent wrote:
More voted for Obama than Romney. He's United States President for another four years. Deal with it.
I hated Bush, and I'm not an Obama cheerleader that finds him infallible. But the sniveling of the detractors and defeated has reached an all-time high. For as much negativity as I felt toward Bush, I never whined and claimed I was on the verge of fleeing the country. The sight of so many sore losers stating they're about to do so speaks volumes about where they stand. Patriots when things are in their favor, secession-happy when things go south (no pun intended). When things don't go your way, instead of finding your own niche and carving out a positive place, just cry and run away. What an inspirational set of 'patriots'.
This is the nation and world we live in. As has been said many times, people chose the puppet they wanted to see dance to the tune of corporate America. Ultimately you would have seen little difference no matter who was planted in the White House or Congress.
Post all of the disputed statistics and disputed numbers and disputable blogger editorials you want because nothing is being changed. And this particular thread will continue to run as little more than ad hominem arguments and accusations of opponents posting preferred data from conservative- and liberal-leaning sources, repeating itself ad infinitum. This thread which is also a microcosm of the entire politically-charged internet as the pseudo-anonymous slug it out in a glorified pissing contest.
None of you or your opinions matter worth a damn in the grand scheme. Get over it, live your life. The idea of the same small group of people bitching over the same static eventualities for another four years further dampens my outlook on humanity's sad course.
If it bothers you so much, don't come here and read it, jackass
gringo

Washington, DC

#43794 Nov 30, 2012
The Norquist wrote:
<quoted text>
If it bothers you so much, don't come here and read it, jackass
If it bothers you so much don't come here and read it, you idiot ass..hole
boo hoo hoo

Butler, PA

#43795 Nov 30, 2012
the shrub was the president withe the most vacations.while our country was going under. did any of those come from the taxpayer ?
Winston Smith

Chambersburg, PA

#43796 Nov 30, 2012
Reverend Irreverent wrote:
Obama won for one reason....there are more people in this country that DO NOTwant to work....it didn't take much to buy them, just a promise of more handouts such as food stamps, welfare checks, and that wonderful Obamaphone. These people sold out and in the process they sold out America.
How sad people no longer have self respect and dignity.
gringo

Washington, DC

#43797 Nov 30, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>Obama won for one reason....there are more people in this country that DO NOTwant to work....it didn't take much to buy them, just a promise of more handouts such as food stamps, welfare checks, and that wonderful Obamaphone. These people sold out and in the process they sold out America.
Get over it...

Even though your grande delusion lives on ...

The way you perceive the world is out of touch with reality because you persist on absorbing nutjuice from tainted individuals

Moneybags Romney lost...didn't you hear the news
Winston Smith

Chambersburg, PA

#43798 Nov 30, 2012
gringo wrote:
<quoted text>
Get over it...
Even though your grande delusion lives on ...
The way you perceive the world is out of touch with reality because you persist on absorbing nutjuice from tainted individuals
Moneybags Romney lost...didn't you hear the news
If you support yourself, I guarantee in a year or so you will be angry that you voted for Obama. Now on the other hand, if you're one of the low lifes that is too lazy too work you'll love Obama, for the next 4 years.

Just wait until your pay check starts to shrink but everything else isn't shrinking, it is going up, up, up. Wait until your healthcare cost triples and the coverage isn' t all that great based on what you are paying. And it doesn't stop there, you just wait.

You really have no idea of what is to come, do you? When it finally hits you, you'll just have to " get over it" and I 'll just say to myself, well that fool finally figured it out.
Of course, this is all based on whether you are a productive citizen.

If you are non productive, well, like I said, you will continue on your merry little lazy life.
Dan the Man

Newville, PA

#43799 Nov 30, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>You've got it bad.....Marisa Derangement Syndrome!!
Who said anything about Marisa?
Dan the Man

Newville, PA

#43800 Nov 30, 2012
expensive vacationn wrote:
<quoted text>I just looked it up and taxnomore is correct, it is true! Just google Obama and his 4 million dollar vacation funded by the taxpayers! He is to be gone for 20 days while this country is going over the cliff.
Guess what - Presidents get Christmas vacations too. Congress won't be in town either. Get over it.

They've all taken them, and like every other President, Obama pays for his personal vacations from his own money. Grow the hell up.
Dan the Man

Newville, PA

#43801 Nov 30, 2012
Dave Rogers wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you understand? The proposal from Obama is BS and only a fool would trust him. Obama knows exactly what the republicans want, what's negotiable and what is not. Obama has offer nothing and shows no flexibility.
Whats this I hear, Obama wants to have full authority, by-passing congress to raise the debt limit as he sees fit? Obama wants his own rules and powers to do what he sees fit....you still don't see this do you?
Checks and balances we must have. Hopefully someway Obama will be removed from office, for the betterment of our country.
The next four years will show exactly what Obama is about and where he wants to take America. You voted for him so don't start crying when you finally open your eyes and see him for what he is.
Where have you been? This is how negotiations work. This is how it's always worked. One side makes a proposal. The other side makes a counter-proposal. There's back and forth until a compromise is reached. Why the hissy fit?

Obama has made the opening proposal. Where's the GOP counter-proposal? What specific revenue does the GOP propose? What specific cuts does the GOP propose? We know Obama's preferences - where's the GOP's?

You act like Obama needs to negotiate with himself while the GOP watches. When is the GOP going to get in the game?
Dan the Man

Newville, PA

#43802 Nov 30, 2012
Ned wrote:
<quoted text>
You're such a sucker to believe all that crap. And an even bigger idiot to repeat it.
This is how it's always worked. When were you born? Yesterday?
Dan the Man

Newville, PA

#43803 Nov 30, 2012
Dave Rogers wrote:
<quoted text> Yep, nothing new, the same old BS for the next four years, only worse. 60,000,000 didn't vote for Obama.
Obama won because the majority of America voted for him. We want what he campaigned on.

You lost - get over it.
Dan the Man

Newville, PA

#43804 Nov 30, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>Obama won for one reason....there are more people in this country that DO NOTwant to work....it didn't take much to buy them, just a promise of more handouts such as food stamps, welfare checks, and that wonderful Obamaphone. These people sold out and in the process they sold out America.
That's a popular theory among you wingnuts.

Too bad there's not a speck of evidence to support it.

Too bad the voter demographics disprove that bullshit.
Dan the Man

Newville, PA

#43805 Nov 30, 2012
Obama wants increased revenue, so he's made specific proposals on that.

The GOP wants spending cuts, so the burden is on them to make specific proposals on that.

Why won't they do it? Why are they demanding that Obama make proposals for what THEY want? Since when is that how negotiation work?

The right in this country has gone so far over the edge that they actually believe that it's the President's responsibility to do THEIR damn jobs too!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Photography exhibit highlights neighborhood heros Sat Denise 3
Taylor Swift is having more than a moment Nov 7 Butters 13
Adams County man charged with sexually assaulti... Oct 27 Just a thought 4
Police: Former Bermudian Springs teacher arrest... Oct '14 Sara F 2
dover halloween parade 2014, sunday oct 5 at 3 pm! Oct '14 Halloweenie 2
Dover schools' child abuse policy raises questions Sep '14 divergebt 1
York County man headed to prison for role in ma... Jul '14 lady 1
Dover Dating
Find my Match

Dover People Search