Police: Girls report that man tried to lure them into his car

Full story: York Dispatch
Police are on the lookout for a suspicious man who allegedly tried to lure two young females into his vehicle Saturday afternoon in Dover Township. Full Story
Duh

Three Springs, PA

#1 Apr 25, 2011
Not much too this story. Like WGAL-8 news. Vague--very very vague. How is it , that if these girls fled the scene--how would they know if the driver "drove away" ? Sounds like another case of two pre-teens on a lark and ran late. 2 sets of eyes and no further information --like a tag number ?
Once more with AMAZEMENT

York, PA

#4 Apr 25, 2011
Duh wrote:
Not much too this story. Like WGAL-8 news. Vague--very very vague. How is it , that if these girls fled the scene--how would they know if the driver "drove away" ? Sounds like another case of two pre-teens on a lark and ran late. 2 sets of eyes and no further information --like a tag number ?
Ah, DUMB, as they are running away, even after one block, they could see that the driver departed. Cannot record license number if they were in front of vehicle. What do you wish for them to do. Take out a pad and pencil, casually walk to rear of vehicle, record license number, then casually skip down the street. Good move girls, get the hell out of there ASAP!
TiredofIt

York, PA

#5 Apr 25, 2011
Once more with AMAZEMENT wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, DUMB, as they are running away, even after one block, they could see that the driver departed. Cannot record license number if they were in front of vehicle. What do you wish for them to do. Take out a pad and pencil, casually walk to rear of vehicle, record license number, then casually skip down the street. Good move girls, get the hell out of there ASAP!
Nicely said Once more.

In response to Dumb A$$, I mean DUH, it is only human nature to look back over your shoulder as you are running your a$$ off towards safety.
Roberta

York, PA

#6 Apr 26, 2011
I'm only 13, and I heard about this. So I was cautious on going up to my boyfriends house. When I got up there his little sister came up to me with her friend and said a man in a tan sedan tried to lure them into his car as well. He was using the line as most people would say. "Can you help me find my lost black dog.?" And they both said no and walked away. They said he drove away. But this was probably in the neighborhood on Hilton Ave. Just letting anyone who cares know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
We Came From Monkeys Tue ripping the bong 2
Dover Pa School district is on its way To Hell Dec 8 TEACHERS ARE LIARS 1
Juvenile charged as adult in Dover robbery (Nov '10) Dec 6 xndndndndx 3
Barack Obama Came From Monkey Dec 5 dover plant judge 1
Photography exhibit highlights neighborhood heros Nov '14 Denise 3
Taylor Swift is having more than a moment Nov '14 Butters 13
Adams County man charged with sexually assaulti... Oct '14 Just a thought 4
Dover Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web