Neighborhood Shaken By Woman's Murder

Full story: WJW Fox 8 Cleveland

DOVER, Ohio - A border of yellow police crime scene tape surrounds the 3rd Street house where the body of 33-year-old Gina Harper was found Sunday, the victim of what Dover Police Chief Ronald Johnson described in court as a brutal beating.
Comments
1 - 20 of 24 Comments Last updated Sep 14, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
My View

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2010

Judged:

What can you say about a horror story like this? A story book relationship to the outside world and a house of horrors behind closed doors.

It just boggles my mind that people stay in relationships like this! How many times do you need to get the hell beat out of you to get the message that it's time to leave?

Now she's dead. So tragic and so sad.
Tammibarnes

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2010

Judged:

How sad that men can be so bruital
Tammibarnes

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2010

how sad to find someone brutly beaten.
Ms Lady

Maple Heights, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2010

Judged:

My View wrote:
What can you say about a horror story like this? A story book relationship to the outside world and a house of horrors behind closed doors.
It just boggles my mind that people stay in relationships like this! How many times do you need to get the hell beat out of you to get the message that it's time to leave?
You can't say that if you have never been in that type of situation. To be abused is crazy, I agree, but the thing is maybe she was afraid to leave. He may have been threatening her some kind of way. I just really get tired of people like you making statements of that sort when you don't know that whole story!!!!
erica d

Elyria, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2010

thats sad,if your dude hits you once he will do it again.you should always leave after the first time.cause things will only get worse
heat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2010

Well I know from experience that it might take a few years before An abused person will leave. She was 33 should have known better. Maybe she thought she could change him or the situation BUT that NEVER happens EVER. Once an Abuser ALWAYS an Abuser.My condolences to the family and friends. What a shame a life had to be taken, in such a brutal way.
My View

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2010

Ms Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't say that if you have never been in that type of situation. To be abused is crazy, I agree, but the thing is maybe she was afraid to leave. He may have been threatening her some kind of way. I just really get tired of people like you making statements of that sort when you don't know that whole story!!!!
I'm sorry if I offended you. That was not my intent at all. My mother went through a similar situation and had her head beat in so many times, I am surprised she had any brains left at all. She lived through the abuse, but ended up in a mental institution with a diagnosis of schizophrenia and never recovered. She died the same way. Having lived through this nightmare as a child and the hatred I had of my father, it took me many years to find normalcy in my life. Having been there watching this horror, I understand the fear, but will never understand how anyone can allow themselves to be abused like this. I don't care if you have to pack your bags and leave for unknown parts. It's better to do that than end up like this poor woman that could have easily have been my own mother if she hadn't lost her mind first and died a lost soul.
Think

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2010

My View wrote:
Or she tried to leave him, so he beat her to death.
Anita Tippett-Ambers

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2010

It's ashame that this woman had to face her attacker alone. I hope this guy gets charged with the fullest extent of what he deserves, he's a danger to to society. My prayers and thoughts go out to her family, This is sad:o(
Just me

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2010

Gina was a friend of ours as well as an extended family member. I pray he,(Jason Gordown), gets the death penalty but, not before he is tortured in prison severely!! It takes a big man to bring down a 120 lb woman. COWARD !!
Just me

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2010

Sorry abot the type-o .. The COWARDS last name is Gordon
Heart Broken

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2010

My heart breaks for this poor woman who shares my age. My heart goes out to all of her friends and family. I am so sorry for your loss!
Shocked

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2010

It is indeed a sad story... Many women are afraid to leave... Sometimes yhey keep believing things will get better... How sad! My heart goes out to her family and friends!
Angie

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2010

Wow why does a man have to beat a woman to feel like a man. I hope he gets the same in return!!!!!!

Since: Mar 10

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2010

Judged:

Where's Madea when you need her? Grit ball, anyone?
Jeanie Warfield

Sharon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2010

Gina, with her Mom, groomed my dogs. She was a ray of sunshine. Dogs are great judges of character and mine loved her. I am so sad.
mike

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2010

Gina was my best friend she watched my son grow up.
BABY i LOVE YOU AND WILL MISS YOU .
RIP Gina Marie

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2010

Judged:

I knew her, and worried about her. I will love and miss her dearly. What appeared on the outside as perfect, was far from, and we had all known for a while it wasn't; yet we sat and let it continue because we never knew the exact dates and times, or because we believed her when she said it wouldn't happen again, or because we were the only ones that noticed, whatever the case may be, here we are, and we all are grieving, I know there is no way to convince someone they are not in love, but I know there are other measures we could of taken. I will miss your texts, and calls, you truly were an sweetheart, and now you are an angel. Please rest peacefully, and I'm sorry that you had to endure so much to get to where you are.
Chris88

New Philadelphia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2010

He is a filthy coward. She was a wonderful, awesome person...who truly deserved the best. My heart goes out to her family.
christine

New Philadelphia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2010

luv u

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 44 min Anonymous of Indy 30,198
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 11 hr Marvin Levels 188
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Aug 2 gary 2,230
obama muslim? (Sep '08) Jul 27 does it matter 2
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 23 They cannot kill ... 231
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Bobby Nye 178
tanya hall rhicard hall Jun '14 who knows them 1

Search the Dover Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Dover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Dover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••