Carrollton Free Press Standard News | Continued operation of Atwood Resort hinges on judge's ruling

Full story: Carrollton Free Press Standard

Carroll County Commissioners and officials from Radius Hospitality and the Muskingum Watershed Conservancy District are waiting patiently to find out if Atwood Resort will continue to operate under the ownership of the county.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Seriously

Uhrichsville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

If they win, maybe the Warners should have to be the ones to tell everyone at Atwood that they are losing the jobs they just started...might be worth paying for tickets to see that potential lynch mob!
Historian

Dover, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

The key question seems to be whether or not the commissioners can act as landlords, and the commissioners themselves have already stated, when selling the Linke Building, that they are by law not allowed to act as landlords.
WOW

Norwalk, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

I'm with Seriously on this one. Cry me a river Warners. Life isn't fair. Get over it. Lets look at a couple facts here. Do you have a golf course or that beautiful view? Have you ever looked out the windows in the lodge? Nothing wrong with looking out at the town and what it has to offer. These are just two DIFFERENT types of facilities. You do not have the facilities the lodge does. I do not see ANY comparison in the two, except there are beds in both. They are two different types of lodging. How about this. You could have put in a bid to operate it. I know if I were Radius, I would have a list of other motels, hotels to recomend when there are walk ins when they are booked. Days Inn of Carrollton wouldn't be on it. It does not take a rocket scientist to know the oil money will go back to the property which in turn could be a benefit for all county businesses.
thinkaboutit

New Philadelphia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Everyone is missing the facts here. The commissioners are giving COUNTY money to a private business. Not to mention an out of county business
Seriously

Marysville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Thinkaboutit and Historian - correct me if I'm wrong but won't that private business be paying taxes? Won't employees have to pay income taxes? Won't employees have money to spend in this county and have to pay sales taxes? Just a thought...
thinkaboutit

New Philadelphia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Seriously...Give the money to Days Inn so they can expand, or Thornes, or the bowling alley, or McDonalds...the county can't give county money to private businesses...think about it.
Carroll Countian

Saint Clairsville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

What taxpayer money? I don't think people have their facts straight. Wonder if the Warners are going to try and block the next hotel to open? It's coming.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dover Discussions

Search the Dover Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 hr Reality speaks 28,424
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 4 edfgyujm 226
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 2 Lindsay 2,213
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) Jun 27 Bobby Nye 178
tanya hall rhicard hall Jun 16 who knows them 1
Custom Building Ltd May '14 Ian Moone 1
OH Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in O... (Oct '10) Apr '14 squid 118
•••
•••
•••
Dover Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Dover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••