Dude, What? - Rescuers Free Boy Stuck...

Dude, What? - Rescuers Free Boy Stuck in Washer

There are 7 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from Feb 5, 2008, titled Dude, What? - Rescuers Free Boy Stuck in Washer. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

Talk about an oversized load: A 4-year-old boy got stuck when he climbed into his family's top-loading washing machine, and firefighters had to use a metal cutter to slice into the appliance to get him out.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

nikki

Atlanta, GA

#1 Feb 5, 2008
poor baby stay away from washers i glad you ok
Trucker

Commerce, GA

#2 Feb 5, 2008
A washing machine is not hard to take apart but the child was most likely gotten out faster with the jaws of life. "SAFETY FIRST"

The parents will now have to buy a new washer, hopefully that will motivate them to pay more attention to their children.

I wonder why the child was on top of the machine in the first place.
Taylorblue

Boca Raton, FL

#3 Feb 6, 2008
They sell appliance locks for families that have "climbers".:-) Bet this family will be looking into one now.:-)
dbh

Atlanta, GA

#4 Feb 6, 2008
That kid is going to have one heck of a story to tell when he grows up.
Donna

Kennesaw, GA

#5 Feb 7, 2008
Trucker wrote:
A washing machine is not hard to take apart but the child was most likely gotten out faster with the jaws of life. "SAFETY FIRST"
The parents will now have to buy a new washer, hopefully that will motivate them to pay more attention to their children.
I wonder why the child was on top of the machine in the first place.
You obviously don't have children. My son wasn't a climber, but when I was keeping children in my home, I had a little who climbed on, swung from, tore down anything he could get his hands on. With me right there. He spent a lot of time in time out.
Trucker

Jefferson, GA

#6 Feb 7, 2008
Donna wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously don't have children. My son wasn't a climber, but when I was keeping children in my home, I had a little who climbed on, swung from, tore down anything he could get his hands on. With me right there. He spent a lot of time in time out.
Children, me? oh yes.

Thing is I started teaching my children early about what the words "Safety First" means in life.

A child should know about safety long before he/she learns how to play with video games.

Parents don't really care about their children like "some" would like you to believe, if they did you would never see a child run or skate in stores and that is just a starter.

Since: Dec 07

Jefferson, GA

#7 Feb 7, 2008
Trucker wrote:
<quoted text>
Children, me? oh yes.
Thing is I started teaching my children early about what the words "Safety First" means in life.
A child should know about safety long before he/she learns how to play with video games.
Parents don't really care about their children like "some" would like you to believe, if they did you would never see a child run or skate in stores and that is just a starter.
I couldn't have said this better. I come from Miami, not far from the mall where Adam Walsh was abuducted. I learned at an early age that it isn't safe to be without adults. I can't imagne what horrible pain it is to lose a child, but I know it would be a lot worse if you couldhave done something about it: people, watch your children! this world is not the one you might have grown up in, there are all kinds if nuts just waiting to see some kid alone. If your kid is alone long enough toget caught in a washer, how long were you not paying attention? Are you deaf too? Didn't you question the noises you heard?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Advice, Life Lessons, & Experience Jul 11 being myself 1
Wenger Jul 9 Anonymous 1
Review: Keith's Towing Jun '15 Shelly 2
josh hidey?? Jun '15 curious 1
Anyone see a Caboose in Navarre area? (Nov '12) Apr '15 none 3
tanya hall rhicard hall (Jun '14) Mar '15 ohio 2
Marlene & Marvin Moeller Feb '15 Brown4life 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dover Mortgages