Cop: Korpita told me, 'I'm a judge, bro'

Cop: Korpita told me, 'I'm a judge, bro'

There are 13 comments on the Daily Record story from Nov 16, 2007, titled Cop: Korpita told me, 'I'm a judge, bro'. In it, Daily Record reports that:

ROXBURY -- A municipal court judge who was charged with drunken and careless driving apparently tried to use his position as a jurist, telling his arrested officer 'I'm a judge, bro,' while handing him a blue ... via Daily Record

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Record.

Very Angry

New York, NY

#1 Nov 20, 2007
I have seen this man put a father in jail while ripping his child out of his arms because he was late on a fine. He has put people away for months at a time without any regard to proper counsel or circumstances. I have seen him turn a deaf ear to any legal argument that did not suit his purpose. His only concern was charging extremely high penalties for the smallest of infractions and also making an "example" of anyone who was caught driving under the influence. This hypocrite dares to look down his nose at others when he has the audacity to drive while under the influence - and with a level of .22 no less. I feel he should be disbarred, disgraced and made to face the same consequences he was so eager and almost joyful to sentence those who had the misfortune of having to appear in front of this clearly crooked and immoral "judge".
cinderella

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Nov 21, 2007
Very Angry wrote:
I have seen this man put a father in jail while ripping his child out of his arms because he was late on a fine. He has put people away for months at a time without any regard to proper counsel or circumstances. I have seen him turn a deaf ear to any legal argument that did not suit his purpose. His only concern was charging extremely high penalties for the smallest of infractions and also making an "example" of anyone who was caught driving under the influence. This hypocrite dares to look down his nose at others when he has the audacity to drive while under the influence - and with a level of .22 no less. I feel he should be disbarred, disgraced and made to face the same consequences he was so eager and almost joyful to sentence those who had the misfortune of having to appear in front of this clearly crooked and immoral "judge".
I cound not agree more !!!
I too have seen the inexcusable, disgraceful abuse of authority by "Judge" Korpita...
He has sat on the bench for more than a decade abusing his power ? I think he is pure EVIL !!!!
I agree he should be disbarred.
jeffersondude

Lititz, PA

#3 Nov 21, 2007
I bet you there's more to this judge and his wife-someone should check their history with bounced checks and other financial history, these are not decent people--. They are getting what they deserve.
DON FARUOLO

Shirley, NY

#4 Feb 24, 2008
THIS MAN HAS ALWAYS BEEN A MONSTER. HIS RULINGS HAVE ALWAY BEEN HEAVY HANDED AND UNFAIR. LET'S HOPE HE GETS THE SAME TREATMENT HE AFFORDED OTHERS. HIS FALL IS A SMALL EXAMPLE OF WHAT JUSTICE REALLY SHOULD BE.
HIS UPCOMING, SECOND SENTENCE WILL MOST LIKELY CARRY JAIL TIME ALONG WITH IT. LET'S HOPE HE MEETS SOME OF HIS FORMER "CLIENTS" IN THERE. I'M SURE THEY WILL HAVE THEIR OWN FORM OF JUSTICE TO HEAP UPON THE "JUDGE."
WHAT A DISGRACE!

“Going against the grain”

Since: Mar 08

Rogersville, tn

#5 Mar 18, 2008
we have a judge here in kingsport, tn who was charged for dui. he was sentenced to 48 hours in his chambers. this was 7 years ago, and today is still the judge. actually, he is a very lenient judge.
Ben McFadden

Rocky Point, NY

#6 Jul 7, 2008
Hey...dig this. I was the guy who called the police on him for his 2nd DUI! I knew he was big time a-hole, so when I saw him getting tanked and then leave in his car, I called the police and told them a DUI was on the road.

Payback is a bitch, huh Mr. K?
shure shot

Linden, NJ

#7 Jul 11, 2008
Ben McFadden wrote:
Hey...dig this. I was the guy who called the police on him for his 2nd DUI! I knew he was big time a-hole, so when I saw him getting tanked and then leave in his car, I called the police and told them a DUI was on the road.
You should get a metal thanks for your help
Ben TheAsshole

Norwalk, CT

#8 Jul 17, 2008
Ben McFadden wrote:
Really Ben...Where were you when you saw him? Who was he with? What did he drink? I think your full of it for taking credit not yours
Osu

United States

#9 Jul 17, 2008
Ive heard that Korpita is a raging drunk, that beats his wife.
Osu

United States

#10 Jul 17, 2008
He was always such an ass in court
fatewalker

Eatontown, NJ

#11 Jul 22, 2008
My son was with 2 friends and another,the 3 kids he was with were riding dirt bikes,my son was walking. Needless to say the boys on dirtbikes drove across the road, Guess who was driving the car coming down it ?KORPITA. My son was picked up, and I was called to go to the police department. Apparently Korpita wanted my son to name the kids on the dirt bikes. He knew all but 1.Seems Korpita told the the officer that if my son didn't give up the names of these boys,he was going to arrest my son on hindering an ivestigation and send him to Juvenile detetion for the max of 90 days. Nothing happened to the Judge,he was just pissed there were kids riding thier dirtbikes home.
fatewalker

Eatontown, NJ

#12 Jul 22, 2008
Another incident involved my 15 yr old.Curfew was implimented in Rockaway Borough at the time. My son was staying at a friends house and apparently the parents changed their mind and sent my son home, he was 5 houses away from ours. Needless to say he was picked up by the police and charged with a curfew violation. I went to court, Korpita told my son and I he had 30 days to get a job or he was going to be put in Juvenile hall for the max of 90 days. Well, try finding a 15 yr old a job,he did try and nothing. At the time he was helping out my parents, my mother was ill. My parents offered to write a letter stating he was doing the chores and helping my Dad with outside work, he was getting some money for helping out. So it still cost me 130.00,plus court fee.
fatewalker

Eatontown, NJ

#13 Jul 22, 2008
IS THIS CLOWN DRAWING A PENSION??
I read today that Judge Korpita "RETIRED" as of March 10.2008 !How does that work ,a man who served as a Judge gets to RETIRE , After 3 DWI's.
ANY Military Personal 19 1/2 to 35 yrs with a dishonerable [caused by way less than Kopita has done] Draws no and will not draw any Pension.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Route 46 construction by Dover Dodge Jun 27 Tony 2
Green Pond Turtle Jun 3 T Neberon 1
Con Game (Jun '10) May '16 Tony Price 77 7
News Parsippany Church Votes to Welcome Gay Parishio... (Dec '13) Dec '15 Fa-Foxy 11
News Man caught with bag of heroin on Route 80 in De... (Apr '13) Dec '15 WashingtonChilds 6
thinking of living in dover (Jul '07) Sep '15 Claudia 24
News Community activist loses job for allegedly crit... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Fed Up 1

Dover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dover Mortgages