1893 "Dover Demon"

Jul 27, 2009 Full story: Cryptomundo

Does the above image look familiar to you? It certainly does to me. It resembles the drawings of the Dover Demon seen in Dover, Massachusetts, from April 1977.

Full Story
Evan Walsh

Medfield, MA

#1 Jul 30, 2009
I grew up in Dover and I have seen the Demon. I can't say what it was but I can only tell you that it was nothing I have ever seen before. I was driving home from a friend's house in Holliston at about 11:00 PM after hanging out, talking about school and the girls we wanted to hook up with. There were no drugs or alcohol in my system. As I turned onto Woodland Rd. off of Rte. 16 I was shocked and startled by 3 black crows that flew right in front of my windshield, pretty odd for 11:00. I composed myself and continued driving. I took back roads to Bridge St. in Sherborn to get to Farm St. in Dover. After I went around the hairpin turn (anyone from the area knows the turn) and began to go over the bridge to cross the Charles River I noticed a dark shadowy object move swiftly from the woods to the center of the road where it stopped. It turned its large round head towards me slowly and glared at me with giant round eyes about the size of tennis balls. It stood on 4 legs and was completely hairless. It had no tail either and was the size of a huge dog i.e. Great Dane but much stockier. It had triangle shaped ears and a snickered snout that reminded me of some drawings I have seen in history books on the devil. I came to a stop and starred it down for a good 5 seconds before it slowly turned its head and swiftly disappeared into the woods to my right. I have no idea what it was but I do know it was not a dog or coyote or anything I have ever seen before.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'48 Hours' to Air 'Lizzi' Marriott Murder Segment Feb 16 whatever 1
section8 Feb 15 theress-63 1
National Chili Day is Thursday, February 26... Feb 4 JeanBHall 1
PRIORE DESIGN, INC. Major Renovations-Custom Ca... (Feb '08) Oct '14 Ron 8
Review: LawnCare Today (Mar '12) Mar '12 cdevine 1
The Lespaunts: An evolution of a schoolboy band (Jul '11) Jul '11 musiclover 1
Who do you support for Sheriff in Massachusetts... (Oct '10) Dec '10 Cynthia 10

Dover News Video

Dover Dating
Find my Match