Airstreams along Interstate are revvi...

Airstreams along Interstate are revving up controversy

There are 2 comments on the WTSP Tampa Bay story from Mar 8, 2008, titled Airstreams along Interstate are revving up controversy. In it, WTSP Tampa Bay reports that:

A month ago, RV dealer Frank Bates planted eight trailers nose-first on 5 acres along I-4. His inspiration was the famous Cadillac ranch in Texas.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTSP Tampa Bay.

frommetoyou

Spring Hill, FL

#1 Mar 12, 2008
As an artist I am completely opposed to such junk. This is nothing but junk that should go right back where it came from - the junkyard. Art is intended to be enjoyed, questioned, and to be viewed in a way that causes you to stop and think. This is extreme distortion of the definition of art for self publicity and advertising at the expense of others. This is an obvious scheme to advertise. What happened to the integrity and beauty for Hillsborough County?
Monica Bice

Mulberry, FL

#2 Mar 12, 2008
On our last trip to Mickeyland, my son saw these and asked if it was a new junkyard, I had to laugh.

This is NOT art! It is an advertising scheme, and it is ugly. The airbuses are not even aligned at the same angle in the ground! Do we really want the tourists who travel I4 to think that we are all yokels?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Toyota's plug-in hybrid launch delayed by sever... Aug 12 Ainu 2
Info on Samuel David Hunter (Jul '13) Jul '16 i know 11
Review: Buddy's Roofing & Repair's Inc. Jul '16 CherylBrown 1
Dottie Kehoe Jul '16 herlittleboy 1
Kenna Howell (Dec '15) Jun '16 Bitchdontplay 2
News Deputies: Dover man charged with DUI & child ne... (Oct '07) Mar '16 User Name 3
News Dead body found in Dover strawberry field (Mar '08) Jul '15 GiovanniTheGreat 44

Dover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dover Mortgages