Wisconsin bicyclist struck and killed in Waukesha County

Full story: TwinCities.com

The Waukesha County district attorney's office is expected to review a deadly bicyclist crash on Father's Day.
Comments
21 - 25 of 25 Comments Last updated Jun 24, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Gary

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

Pat...yep I saw that and I know know exactly where the accident occurred..the speed changes (lowers) about another half mile up the road to a lower speed. He was hit at the top of a hill with a slight bend. In any case the whole situation is so so sad. For a father to die on fathers day is doubly tragic.
Gary

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

TFTtrevor wrote:
I hate all these spandex wearing bikers.. Like seriously there is a god damn bike trail. And u wouldn't be as bad if they drove on the side of the road but they swerve into the middle of the road! I'm not even suprised to hear that guy got hit. Because me and my friends have almost hit many of bikers.
Like clearly you are part of the problem not the solution.
The bike trails existence is meaningless in this case. Those trails are meant for recreational use, mom dad and the kids looking at the scenery, tooling around. You do not want an experienced racing cyclist traveling 22 mph on a 5 foot wide path dodging roller-bladers and kids in trailers.
Don Iwen

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2010

Wow, look at the outpouring of human empathy here. A husband and father of three young children is killed by a likely-inattentive driver (on Father's Day no less), and this is what you people have to say about it? Next year when father's day rolls around, let's go ask these kids if they feel that their 'spandex-wearing' dad got what was coming to him.

I'm so glad we've got these comment forums to express our viewpoints and not just take cowardly potshots behind a wall of anonymity. We're really headed in the right direction with this kind of intelligent discourse.

Thanks for your contribution.
Magic

Maple Plain, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2010

Don Iwen wrote:
Wow, look at the outpouring of human empathy here. A husband and father of three young children is killed by a likely-inattentive driver (on Father's Day no less), and this is what you people have to say about it? Next year when father's day rolls around, let's go ask these kids if they feel that their 'spandex-wearing' dad got what was coming to him.
I'm so glad we've got these comment forums to express our viewpoints and not just take cowardly potshots behind a wall of anonymity. We're really headed in the right direction with this kind of intelligent discourse.
Thanks for your contribution.
These threads are like the sanitary sewers running under your streets, nothing sanitary about them.

The Obituary threads are the best place for sympathy etc..
areyoukiddingme

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2010

Hello Everyone. While you are all slinging insults with each other, everyone seems to have forgotten that there was a family involved in this.

This man was a member of my church. He and his wife were extremely wonderful and caring people. IN ADDITION, I have since had to explain to my 5 year-old that her friend's dad has died, and he will not be coming home EVER! How do you explain this to a preschooler?

So, while you can all complain about sharing the road, please remember that there are real people involved in this, and real children have lost their father.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Dousman Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Dousman People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Dousman News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dousman