Midway Macedonia Baptist
JOHN

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#154 Mar 17, 2008
did your pastor beg for more money yesterday?we can NEVER have enough to spend.Sure is easier spending other peoples money on useless ideas.
sam

Douglasville, GA

#155 Mar 23, 2008
I visited this church on Easter.it wwould be more suited as a dinner theatre.The music was not worshipful.More like a saturday afternoon local bnad jam session.I wasNOT impressed AT ALL.I won't be back.
Easter Bunny

Utica, KY

#156 Mar 24, 2008
sam wrote:
I visited this church on Easter.it wwould be more suited as a dinner theatre.The music was not worshipful.More like a saturday afternoon local bnad jam session.I wasNOT impressed AT ALL.I won't be back.
I agree. What a "show" - the only thing missing was the clown show.

Since: Jan 08

Jonesboro, GA

#157 Mar 24, 2008
JOHN wrote:
did your pastor beg for more money yesterday?we can NEVER have enough to spend.Sure is easier spending other peoples money on useless ideas.
My pastor did not ask for money.
oscar mohammad smith

Roy, WA

#160 Mar 27, 2008
we need to speak to you in person, so we can brainwash you also

Since: Nov 07

United States

#161 Mar 28, 2008
PMC MEMBER wrote:
<quoted text> My former pastor Mike Everson sure did and our idiot membership gave it to him. Thank God he was run off.
If you are not careful you may end up with another Mike Everson. With CJ and Morris on the search committee. They will try to come up with the same type of man. This would be the last straw for PMBC. PMBC is not thought of very well in the county or maybe the state. Tell them you need a Godly man that will be there to preach the word and be out for every dime he can drain out of the church. Does anyone wonder how Mike and Chad both have $500,000 homes. Preaching for these two has been one big payoff. PS: Why are both selling out? God bless all at PMBC
tick

Decatur, GA

#162 Mar 28, 2008
PMC MEMBER wrote:
<quoted text> I have nothing to discuss with A "Cult Lover". Have a good day. Missing Mike? Boy isn't it nice to finally have some "peace" and quiet now that Michael is in south ga. with the alligators.
I liked that comment,the truth shall set them free someday.Let them continue to drink the Kool-Aid,as they are still all brainwahed by criminals,and still hand over money for them to live high on the hog.
Snoopy Lover

Stockbridge, GA

#163 Mar 28, 2008
PMBC NEVER AGAIN wrote:
<quoted text>If you are not careful you may end up with another Mike Everson. With CJ and Morris on the search committee. They will try to come up with the same type of man. This would be the last straw for PMBC. PMBC is not thought of very well in the county or maybe the state. Tell them you need a Godly man that will be there to preach the word and be out for every dime he can drain out of the church. Does anyone wonder how Mike and Chad both have $500,000 homes. Preaching for these two has been one big payoff. PS: Why are both selling out? God bless all at PMBC
I think they miss Mike and have the Kool Aid blues. Do not forget Mike left the church with a gift and a prize to Church and gave the youth pastor a total compensation package of almost $100k at this church. Nice going away present for the church. Stick it to em Pastors everywhere. If these members are dumb enough to pay, then get all you can get.
OSCAR MOHAMMAD SMITH

Roy, WA

#164 Mar 29, 2008
HAND OVER YOUR TITHE AND NOONE GETS HURT
MOG

Jonesboro, GA

#165 Apr 7, 2008
Why should Elton John and Madonna make millions for producing worthless garbage but pastors , that preach the truth and save lives are slammed for making $400,000. I have never attended this church and don't know this pastor but I pray he is blessed .

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#166 Apr 8, 2008
MOG wrote:
Why should Elton John and Madonna make millions for producing worthless garbage but pastors , that preach the truth and save lives are slammed for making $400,000. I have never attended this church and don't know this pastor but I pray he is blessed .
The "truth"?
PMC MEMBER

Phenix City, AL

#167 Apr 8, 2008
MOG wrote:
Because of what the bible specifically says concerning real pastors and offerings. Need I say more. According to what I read in the bible, Jesus never built a church for "wealth" and "income/retirement benefits" like they do now.
OSCAR MOHAMMAD SMITH

Roy, WA

#168 Apr 8, 2008
Does Madonna and Elton pass the offering plate? They also MAKE more than they spend.Unlike SOME churches we know.
football mom

Buford, GA

#170 Apr 28, 2008
Right or Wrong wrote:
I have been a member since 1997. The Church has grown tremendously since then. It was nice when it was small. Now it's so commercial feeling. The Pastor was so much more humble when he was making an average 60K per year. Now, he close to 400K for his personal salary. What amazed me before I left, he only works a couple of days a week making this kind of money.
Is it Right or Wrong for church members who are struggling to make ends meet to pay a pastor close to 400K per year?
I attend the church and the pastor does three services just on Sunday and Saturday and the teaches classes during the week. Maybe it has been a while since you have been there and to the ones who says it is all about money, You have to have money to do the ministries that we do.
Just keepin it real

Madison, GA

#171 Apr 28, 2008
When you compare the United States wealth on average with the rest of the world we all live like kings. Where do you draw the line for someone making "to much for a Christian"? Is it 50K 100K 400K What is excessive. Oh ya and I haven't read anyone defending how much he gives away a year as well. Oh wait that wouldn't be a good subject to gossip about now would it.
savedbygrace

Newnan, GA

#172 Apr 28, 2008
Right or Wrong wrote:
I have been a member since 1997. The Church has grown tremendously since then. It was nice when it was small. Now it's so commercial feeling. The Pastor was so much more humble when he was making an average 60K per year. Now, he close to 400K for his personal salary. What amazed me before I left, he only works a couple of days a week making this kind of money.
Is it Right or Wrong for church members who are struggling to make ends meet to pay a pastor close to 400K per year?
Wrong
B Curious

Newnan, GA

#173 Apr 28, 2008
Just keepin it real wrote:
When you compare the United States wealth on average with the rest of the world we all live like kings. Where do you draw the line for someone making "to much for a Christian"? Is it 50K 100K 400K What is excessive. Oh ya and I haven't read anyone defending how much he gives away a year as well. Oh wait that wouldn't be a good subject to gossip about now would it.
If he is a true man of God or is a so called "God Called" Pastor - would he leave and start up another church tomorrow and forgo the large compensation package he now receives? If so, let's see.

Boynton Beach, FL

#174 Apr 28, 2008
football mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I attend the church and the pastor does three services just on Sunday and Saturday and the teaches classes during the week. Maybe it has been a while since you have been there and to the ones who says it is all about money, You have to have money to do the ministries that we do.
If Jesus was on earth today, do you really think he would participate in all the money and materilism that Midway worships?

The Book of Luke tells us that Jesus had nothing and did not want to associate with the world as he was not from the world. He was homeless, pennyless, with no possesions. In Jesus's ministry, he operated with a the bare minimum called nothing.

Midway along with most Church's today are worshiping the golden calf and have lost there way.
concerned visitor

Conley, GA

#175 May 2, 2008
I visited midway last saturday night.it was the most disgusting,meaningless,money worshipping church I had ever set foot in.They call THAT worship?
W.W.J.D?
he would get up and leave IF he ever went in to begin with.Its no wonder they have to beg people to come to church.Dont forget your MONEY
BOOMER

Conley, GA

#176 May 3, 2008
member,how much are you paid to attempt to prop up this tax free money laundering outfit?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
23yr old girl died at Douglas General Hospital ... (Aug '11) 16 hr BJM 16
After Thanksgiving Crime not reported??? Thu Raj 7
Jimmy Witcher Thu Raymond 8
Judge Robert James (Jul '07) Nov 30 momof4 61
See Ya Whitey!!! Nov 29 TaxPayer1 8
anti trump loosers Nov 28 Jake Kesey 4
News COOPER: A little history behind Snowdrift ad at... Nov 28 Polemics 1

Douglasville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance