Midway Macedonia Baptist
First Prev
of 35
Next Last
Aimee

Loganville, GA

#1 Nov 6, 2007
Has anyone had a good experience with this church?
RED NECK Soap Writer 2

Newnan, GA

#2 Nov 6, 2007
uh oh - not another one. What's wrong here?
Wedge

Brentwood, TN

#3 Nov 7, 2007
From my interactions with church's and preacher's, it come down to the almighty dollar.

Since: Oct 07

Upstate NY

#4 Nov 7, 2007
I know a young couple that attends this church. They are great people and they have invited my family a few times. They love it there and are a positive witness to it and it's ministries.
you know me

Memphis, TN

#5 Nov 7, 2007
i grew up in this church and it has grown alot. im more of the smaller church type person. but they have alot of great things going on there. its a nice church to visit!
Right or Wrong

United States

#6 Nov 7, 2007
I have been a member since 1997. The Church has grown tremendously since then. It was nice when it was small. Now it's so commercial feeling. The Pastor was so much more humble when he was making an average 60K per year. Now, he close to 400K for his personal salary. What amazed me before I left, he only works a couple of days a week making this kind of money.

Is it Right or Wrong for church members who are struggling to make ends meet to pay a pastor close to 400K per year?
Well Now

Newnan, GA

#7 Nov 7, 2007
Right or Wrong wrote:
I have been a member since 1997. The Church has grown tremendously since then. It was nice when it was small. Now it's so commercial feeling. The Pastor was so much more humble when he was making an average 60K per year. Now, he close to 400K for his personal salary. What amazed me before I left, he only works a couple of days a week making this kind of money.
Is it Right or Wrong for church members who are struggling to make ends meet to pay a pastor close to 400K per year?
400K! W O W - How many members? Are people being saved? Are the poor being helped? Is he God inspired or man inspired? Would he leave if "called" to a smaller church for 50K salary? Is he a "God called or man called" Pastor?
Well Now

Newnan, GA

#8 Nov 7, 2007
It has GOT to be a Georgia Baptist Convention thing..Look at the GBC ring leaders. They ALL covet the allmight $$$$$ and get it, especially the guy at PMBC!- the Chairman of the Executive Committee for the GBC, who makes almost half what Right or Wrong states, and that with only 300+ members. I think he and the PMBC guy speak one after the other at next weeks ()GBC convention in Augusta. Maybe they could share stories on how it is done.
Well Now

Newnan, GA

#9 Nov 7, 2007
Right or Wrong wrote:
I have been a member since 1997. The Church has grown tremendously since then. It was nice when it was small. Now it's so commercial feeling. The Pastor was so much more humble when he was making an average 60K per year. Now, he close to 400K for his personal salary. What amazed me before I left, he only works a couple of days a week making this kind of money.
Is it Right or Wrong for church members who are struggling to make ends meet to pay a pastor close to 400K per year?
I have a question for you. In the last 5 years --Are the "newest" elected deacons young and inexperienced?
Grace PCA Church

Powder Springs, GA

#10 Nov 7, 2007
We just moved out of D'Ville. However I will say that out of all the churches we visited and investigated Grace PCA church is great. You will never have any problems in that church. He doesn't let the "world" in the front door and you won't find all of these catchy sermon phrases. It was great! Oh- they just built there new building on stewarts mill road. Joe Fowler started this church a few years back.
tick

Phenix City, AL

#11 Nov 7, 2007
There is no preacher worth 400K.If I had known there was so much money in knowing the Bible,I would of went to school for that.For instance that guy ceflo dollar is in the news again.He talked evander hollyfiield out of a couple million.I cannot spell that guys name u know who I mean,I know he had to make that last name up.LOL.The preacher that held all these girls and beat them he was trying to get out of jail his name was Rev.Spank Ass I think.Why people give the church so much money is a sin,they cannot make ends meet but they give to the Pastor so he can have a wonderful life.I can pray at home and it costs me zero.
Concerned

Marietta, GA

#12 Nov 7, 2007
Well Now wrote:
It has GOT to be a Georgia Baptist Convention thing..Look at the GBC ring leaders. They ALL covet the allmight $$$$$ and get it, especially the guy at PMBC!- the Chairman of the Executive Committee for the GBC, who makes almost half what Right or Wrong states, and that with only 300+ members. I think he and the PMBC guy speak one after the other at next weeks ()GBC convention in Augusta. Maybe they could share stories on how it is done.
Midway has about 2000 members. You ask are the poor being helped? Why not find out?
Concerned

Marietta, GA

#13 Nov 7, 2007
400K is too much for any Pastor.

Jesus was homeless and lived like a popper.

Mega-Church's are all about bringing in the money. Those monster buildings don't pay for themselves.
mini mouse

Dayton, OH

#14 Nov 7, 2007
Concerned wrote:
400K is too much for any Pastor.
Jesus was homeless and lived like a popper.
Mega-Church's are all about bringing in the money. Those monster buildings don't pay for themselves.
A popper? I dont think so.
Wedge

Brentwood, TN

#15 Nov 7, 2007
mini mouse wrote:
<quoted text>A popper? I dont think so.
I need a "popper" after hearing this guy makes 400k. Good grief. Please refer my 1st post.
tick

Phenix City, AL

#16 Nov 7, 2007
Pauper,I think that was the word u were looking for.
Midway Member

Marietta, GA

#18 Nov 8, 2007
Todd Wright is a wonderful Pastor and he deserves to make more than 400,000 per year for his compensation. He has built this church into what it is today.

Without Pastor Wright, we would be nothing. There is no money that can be worthy of compensation for Pastor Todd Wright. I think he should make much more than 400,000. He is in a league of his own with respect!

So, speak with caution about our Church and Pastor.
Amazed

Bradenton, FL

#19 Nov 8, 2007
daw wrote:
There is no preacher worth 400K.If I had known there was so much money in knowing the Bible,I would of went to school for that.For instance that guy ceflo dollar is in the news again.He talked evander hollyfiield out of a couple million.I cannot spell that guys name u know who I mean,I know he had to make that last name up.LOL.The preacher that held all these girls and beat them he was trying to get out of jail his name was Rev.Spank Ass I think.Why people give the church so much money is a sin,they cannot make ends meet but they give to the Pastor so he can have a wonderful life.I can pray at home and it costs me zero.
I am glad that you don't determine my worth. My value is in Christ and He is in control of all things, paychecks and all, so if you have a problem with someone's wallet keep praying to your god to change things and maybe he will rescue you from the hateful, undeserving Christians that have so ruined your outlook on life.
Amazed

Bradenton, FL

#20 Nov 8, 2007
Midway Member wrote:
Todd Wright is a wonderful Pastor and he deserves to make more than 400,000 per year for his compensation. He has built this church into what it is today.
Without Pastor Wright, we would be nothing. There is no money that can be worthy of compensation for Pastor Todd Wright. I think he should make much more than 400,000. He is in a league of his own with respect!
So, speak with caution about our Church and Pastor.


I am sure that he is, I wouldn't worry what these people say, they are filled with bitterness and hate and it continues to spew from thread to thread. They don't have anything else better to do than to spit on Christianity.
Amazed

Bradenton, FL

#21 Nov 8, 2007
Concerned wrote:
400K is too much for any Pastor.
Jesus was homeless and lived like a popper.
Mega-Church's are all about bringing in the money. Those monster buildings don't pay for themselves.
Yes, Jesus didn't even have a bed to sleep on. And when Jesus asked the rich man to give up all his worldly possessions and follow after him (Jesus), the rich man could not do it. He valued his possessions more. But I guarantee you, that if ou took any amount of money, family, possessions away from the pastor at Midway he would still sing the praises of the Lord Jesus Christ. His self worth does not reside in what he makes nor what he owns. That is the difference. If God chooses to bless him, than don't hate.... don't exude jealousies. Rain falls on the just and the unjust alike, just as the Bible says in Matthew 6:33 - "But seek ye first the kingdom of God and all His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you."

At the same token they can all be taken away as well. But no where in the Bible does it say that a Christian must live as a pauper. Solomon was THE richest man ever. before or after he lived. and he is definitely a preacher of the word and filled with more wisdom than anyone before or after.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 35
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wolf in Sheeps Clothing 14 hr Divisiville 3
Smyrna police car Fri Terradice 3
Animal clicking noise? (Jan '13) Nov 14 Jackerwright 37
News Chapel Hill celebrates veterans Friday Nov 14 Ella 2
Why do so many Blacks drive with DEALER tags? (Oct '13) Nov 13 taxpayer 112 27
MARTA BUS stop in douglasville (Sep '08) Nov 13 POLEMICS 29
Fire truck holding up traffic?? Nov 12 Tolerman 7

Douglasville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Douglasville Mortgages