Since: Mar 07

Douglasville, Ga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2007

Another thug from Atlanta came into Douglas co. to rob and steal from people. He ran from the cops and they caught him over at The Hightower Marta station.
He said that he ran because he was scared. CLASSIC excuse that they give.
Just more proof that the inner city trash come out into the burbs to commit their crimes "thinking" if they do that they can get away with it.
Luckily the little thug didn't hit and kill any innocent bystandards on I-20.
He looked awfully young too.
Villa Rica

Kennesaw, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2007

I hear that he got up to 120 mph on I-20. I had just gotten off I-20 to 285 when it started. He could have really hurt somebody, but good old GSP took care of him from I understand. Black guy of course. Go figure.

“Happy Happy, Joy Joy!”

Since: Mar 07

Douglasville, Ga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2007

Villa Rica wrote:
I hear that he got up to 120 mph on I-20. I had just gotten off I-20 to 285 when it started. He could have really hurt somebody, but good old GSP took care of him from I understand. Black guy of course. Go figure.
He looked really young to me too. It could just be that I am getting old LOL, but none the less he didn't look but around 16.
Do you remember back in 1998 they had that high speed chase that went all over the Metro area? It was some thugs in a suburban? I was sitting in the hospital with my Grandfather who was in Parkway and these guys were headed out I-20 west. I decided to sit there at the hospital for awhile longer not knowing if they'd come that way, but they got on 285 and headed east. I think that chase ended on Stone Mountain parkway if I am not mistaken. They did the pit maneuver(excuse my spelling on that word), and they spun out and hit the median wall. They took off on foot but didn't get too far with helicopters over head.
It is very fortunate nobody was hurt yesterday. I watched the chase on the news, and they came very close to not only cars but a greyhound bus too right there around six flags when traffic started to bunch up.
All of that because he broke into a car at the shell station on Post rd. and took a womans purse. What ever happened to getting a J-O-B to pay for the things you want on your own? Maybe that 3 letter word isn't in their vocabulary.

I at one time thought about going into an academy to become a cop, But my knees are really bad. I know because of that I'd never pass a physical. I've had arthritis in them since I was a kid. My hat is off to every cop out there. You only hear about the few bad seeds on the news, and you never hear about all of the good they do daily. Also we live in a crime ridden time so even what seems to be a standard stop can turn into something deadly.

The guy told them he decided to stop running there at Hightower, BUT as you can see from the video he was boxed in. I wish they'd keep their crime sprees in their own neighborhoods, and stop bringing their crime outside of the perimeter. Then again they know they can't get money from robbing someone unless they venture out into the burbs where more middle and upper middle class people live.
Get it straight

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2007

Villa Rica wrote:
You guys sit back and do not have any thing else to do but player hate. I was riding down I20 this morning and I saw a bunch of guys picking up paper on the highway, and guess what, all of them was white. It is just as many honest Black folk in Douglasville as there is white folk, and matter of a fact we are the ones in the nicer homes. We are the one's that are educated and making the burb as you call it a more properous city to live in. You cheap beer drinking haters probally is on food stamps, and trading in your stamps for a sixpack. No crime is right, but you guys burn me up with your racial tones. In the first place, Christopher Columbus was a smooth, slick, deceiving operator. He had many aliases; he was a con-man. In Italy, he was known as Cristoforo Colombo; in Portugal, he used thename Cristovao Colom; in Spain, he was Cristo Colombo.By the way I will leave you guys with this message to marinate on. You guys been robbing, raping, and carring disease since the beffing of time. Get a grip
sad but true

Luthersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2007

Get it straight wrote:
<quoted text> You guys sit back and do not have any thing else to do but player hate. I was riding down I20 this morning and I saw a bunch of guys picking up paper on the highway, and guess what, all of them was white. It is just as many honest Black folk in Douglasville as there is white folk, and matter of a fact we are the ones in the nicer homes. We are the one's that are educated and making the burb as you call it a more properous city to live in. You cheap beer drinking haters probally is on food stamps, and trading in your stamps for a sixpack. No crime is right, but you guys burn me up with your racial tones. In the first place, Christopher Columbus was a smooth, slick, deceiving operator. He had many aliases; he was a con-man. In Italy, he was known as Cristoforo Colombo; in Portugal, he used thename Cristovao Colom; in Spain, he was Cristo Colombo.By the way I will leave you guys with this message to marinate on. You guys been robbing, raping, and carring disease since the beffing of time. Get a grip
Thats because the most of the blacks locked up are usually violent offenders or something like that and are not allowed to be trustees.
alexander grad

Collinsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2007

Get it straight wrote:
<quoted text> You guys sit back and do not have any thing else to do but player hate. I was riding down I20 this morning and I saw a bunch of guys picking up paper on the highway, and guess what, all of them was white. It is just as many honest Black folk in Douglasville as there is white folk, and matter of a fact we are the ones in the nicer homes. We are the one's that are educated and making the burb as you call it a more properous city to live in. You cheap beer drinking haters probally is on food stamps, and trading in your stamps for a sixpack. No crime is right, but you guys burn me up with your racial tones. In the first place, Christopher Columbus was a smooth, slick, deceiving operator. He had many aliases; he was a con-man. In Italy, he was known as Cristoforo Colombo; in Portugal, he used thename Cristovao Colom; in Spain, he was Cristo Colombo.By the way I will leave you guys with this message to marinate on. You guys been robbing, raping, and carring disease since the beffing of time. Get a grip
I'm don't hate black people but i do hate stupidity. Please don't misinform people when you claim to be educated and then use ebonics such as "player hater" and also use things such as "all of them was white." The correct usage would have been "all of them were white" all is plural which means were would have been the correct word to use in that situation. "probally" is wrong too and i could continue but i think you get my point.
finding the ignorance

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2007

alexander grad wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm don't hate black people but i do hate stupidity. Please don't misinform people when you claim to be educated and then use ebonics such as "player hater" and also use things such as "all of them was white." The correct usage would have been "all of them were white" all is plural which means were would have been the correct word to use in that situation. "probally" is wrong too and i could continue but i think you get my point.
Proof read your comment idiot, start from the beginning.
Eye

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2008

Hmmm...sad, it really is. Please don't judge, denigrate or disrespect people within any given race based on an act of stupidity from a person within that race. Stupidity does not discriminate, because I'm confident that we all know of someone in our family, neighborhood or who we went to school with who did something dumb-stupid and identified as either white, black, latino, Asian/pacific islander or however else we want to confine and categorize people.
I would encourage people to think twice and stop with this whole us versus them rhetoric because that's the same language and attitude that continues to fuel this uncivil internal war called discrimination by ignorance. We don't know the background of these "offenders" and if you don't care to truly learn and understand the social conditions and environmental factors that make it highly difficult to be an honest, and devoted law-abiding citizen then I suggest you don't comment. S/he without sin cast the first stone.
SMT

Mcdonough, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2008

Get it straight wrote:
Most of those nice homes you speak of in Douglas County that are owned by black families, are section 8. It must be nice to have the government give you a 300,000 dollar home for 70,000. Maybe not in your case, but it certainly is in most.

Since: Jun 08

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2008

How many black people in this thread have been in danger of your lives from white people. I've worked in Atlanta before and I told my boss never again. I'm not generalizing, but posts on a message board are way less racists than the assaults and murders on whites commited by blacks nowadays. A black lynching nowadays would get more coverage than a black raping and killing 9 women in an hour. I understand that the whites of yesterday were suppressive and violent, but tell me where to help (without endangering myself), and I'm down. I want us to all get along, but I'm sick of being scared, not of punches, but of bullets.
Ebonics lover

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2008

I'm white and although I don't like most RAP music, I do like the fact that many black people are very creative with the English language. Their word play is actually a form of vocabulary enrichment.
Now, unfortunately, if you go into a bank and tell a bank officer "slide me some cheese" you will probably not get a loan. In certain contexts, though, "player hatin'" gets the message across. Ebonics is just one more form of communication-- it's descriptive and colorful.
If you tell a cop, however, "I got my heat unduh my seat" you will probably be asked to step out of the car.
As for personal security, I don't go into areas that I think white people are unsafe. It's just not smart. And there are places that black people shouldn't go either. The statisitics I've heard say that black on black crime is the highest when it comes to damage done to black people. Anyone got any statistics about that?

Since: Jun 08

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2008

You live in Jacksonville, if you haven't figured it out yet chech www.city-data.com .
Are you kidding

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2008

Ebonics lover, are you out of your mind? Speaking like that will get you a ticket straight to the welfare line. It makes a person sound like they are ignorant and people with common sense do not communicate like that or even want to hear it. Get on youtube and listen to Bill Cosby tell it like it is. That kind of language will get you nowhere.
Phat baby Albany Ga

Sale City, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Everybody makes mistakes and learn from them dont judge people and mind your own business. Im quite sure in 1998 they were kids that was trying to find there way in life and made a mistake. So forive and forget and move foward in life.
speakcorrectly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

can we all agree to start proofreading our comments?

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Ebonics lover wrote:
I'm white and although I don't like most RAP music, I do like the fact that many black people are very creative with the English language. Their word play is actually a form of vocabulary enrichment.
Now, unfortunately, if you go into a bank and tell a bank officer "slide me some cheese" you will probably not get a loan. In certain contexts, though, "player hatin'" gets the message across. Ebonics is just one more form of communication-- it's descriptive and colorful.
If you tell a cop, however, "I got my heat unduh my seat" you will probably be asked to step out of the car.
As for personal security, I don't go into areas that I think white people are unsafe. It's just not smart. And there are places that black people shouldn't go either. The statisitics I've heard say that black on black crime is the highest when it comes to damage done to black people. Anyone got any statistics about that?
If you start speaking Ebonics to me You are wasting your time. I don't understand that ghetto crap trash talk. It makes you sound ignorant and extremely uneducated. I don't find it amusing or clever. The chance of anyone using Ebonics getting a decent job is zero. Quit making excuses for Black people and tell them the truth, that they need to speak decent English or they will be a failure. Quit trying to make them think they sound and are acting like someone special. They are acting like a fool trying to communicate with people using ghetto trash talk. It is not a part of Black culture to shame your race with ignorance. Speak precise clear English and the whole world will listen as many countries use English as their second language.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Douglasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FB Support page for DVPD officers 24 min Hmmmmmm 45
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 52 min Your Dog Blue 52,167
BOE cutting teachers again... 55 min Same old story 5
King's Way Baptist Church (Oct '13) 1 hr Grace Again 1,256
Alert Winston Residents!!! 4 hr Old man 4
Crossroads Church 4 hr wess12 42
Debate: Ferguson - Douglasville, GA 14 hr Raymond 11

Search the Douglasville Forum:
•••

Douglasville News Video

•••
•••

Douglasville Jobs

•••