Fight Adverse Possession in Douglasvi...

Fight Adverse Possession in Douglasville Ga.

Posted in the Douglasville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
fightback

Cumming, GA

#1 Dec 28, 2011
If your Douglasville, Ga. street has fallen victim to a property "claimed" by adverse possession in Douglasville, Ga., there are things you can do to fight back and keep your Douglasville streets free from unlawful Adverse Possession and people like Roderick Walker. Recently, Roderick Walker brought adverse possession to light in Douglasville Ga. He was just arrested on drug charges and could face even more since trying to use the centuries old law of adverse possession in Douglas County Ga.

To keep your street clean, ban together. Alert the neighbors! Roderick Walker's Adverse Possession FB page has publically listed homes he says are open for adverse possession in Douglasville, Ga. If you see a home in your neighborhood on his page, chances are, it may be unlocked. Roderick Walker and his people gain entry into these homes and leave them unlocked for trespassers.He gains entry even to homes that have realtor key locks. Then, he posts it on his FB page and tells people these homes are open and available for adverse possession.

Call the owner or realtor of the home. Call the police and let them know you've seen the home on his page and it is now open and could be used for criminal trespass. If possible, you or a neighbor should stay put until the door is locked again. Adverse Possession in Douglasville Ga. hurts everyone!

Tell your neighbors to stand in their homes or yards or in the street in front of the adverse possession home. Take pictures of anyone who goes to the home and record car plate numbers. Place motion sensor lights in flood lamps and point them towards the exterior of the adverse possession home in Douglasville Ga. If someone is inside or attempting entry at night, CALL THE POLICE IMMEDIATELY! It could be a trespasser who saw Roderick Walker's Adverse Possession in Douglasville, Ga. Facebook page. If you have a Facebook Page of your own, report this adverse possession page to them!!

If someone is inside during the day, CALL THE POLICE IMMEDIATELY!If a legitimate buyer or other person is there, they will NOT mind knowing what diligent and caring neighbors they have! The Douglasville and Douglas County Ga. Police are on to Roderick Walker and his Adverse Possession in Douglasville Ga. plans.
idiots

Atlanta, GA

#2 Dec 28, 2011
So anyone have one of these on your street? If so, which street or even neighborhood? Just curious
gotchyasquatter

Cumming, GA

#3 Dec 28, 2011
http://douglasville.patch.com/articles/gotcha...

Why would you ask that? I think that's strange, Dude. If you're thinking about trying this stunt, think again. The neighbors of these homes are going to do exactly what the poster just said.

The second you step foot in one of these houses, you're going to be arrested just like good ol' Roddy the Ripoff Boy up there!

I have two empty older homes on my street and guess what? I've got my security cameras pointed right at them now! Any cars come up the street will be recorded night and day now.

I'm replacing bulbs with the motion ones tomorrow. I didn't think about that. That's a good one. I'll call the cops and film it every time I see some saggy ass get out of their beat up POS! And hell... I'll You tube the damed thing like it's cool!
Idiots

Lovejoy, GA

#4 Dec 29, 2011
No dude. I am wondering what part of the county these slimball buttholes are living in and some neighborhoods because I am curious to know how much others pay attention. I live in a neighborhood in the southern part of the county. 3 current empty houses. I know who owns them, who owned them, what they paid, what their foreclosure status is, and pretty much everything else about them.

I am trying to say it would be pretty damn obvious to me something fishy was going on and I wanna know if others are as vigilant as I and if not, why. Plus you gotta ask. If the squatters are willing to move somewhere illegally. What else are they willing to do illegally to get what they need? Catch my drift?
MovingForward

Lithia Springs, GA

#5 Dec 29, 2011
Hey people, you are missing a big part of the adverse possession stuff.

For a adverse possession to happen the "Claimer" must pay the taxes on the property for 7 years in Douglas County. This includes all fence line disputes and other...

If the property is a Fannie, Freddie or other government institution that did the foreclosure adverse possession can't be done at all.

To much hoopla over nothing here. If you see someone squating in a vacant property call the police. They have every right to arrest them if they can't produce the proper property tax data.

I don't think squatters are going to pay the property taxes - LOL!
gotchyasquatter

Cumming, GA

#6 Dec 29, 2011
MovingForward wrote:
Hey people, you are missing a big part of the adverse possession stuff.
For a adverse possession to happen the "Claimer" must pay the taxes on the property for 7 years in Douglas County. This includes all fence line disputes and other...
If the property is a Fannie, Freddie or other government institution that did the foreclosure adverse possession can't be done at all.
To much hoopla over nothing here. If you see someone squating in a vacant property call the police. They have every right to arrest them if they can't produce the proper property tax data.
I don't think squatters are going to pay the property taxes - LOL!
Great information to help! But I don't know if I would call it too much hoopla. The guy took posession of a home for 6 months according to that report and others throughout the country have done so as well. In 6 months lots of bad things can happen. Heck, even in 6 hours. No electric to heat? Start a fire that could burn neighboring homes. No water? Run a hose from the other homes while they're at work. Want a party? Have one with druggies coming and going at all hours. Need gas? Go syphon it from neighboring cars. Most of those who would try this BS are lowlifes with no sense of social responsibilty. They only want what they want and will take it from anyone in any way they can.

These reports are all over the country. These people can affect the lives of others in a matter of hours.

I think people should be worried about the simple effort of doing it. The posts above show anyone who is even thinking about trying it, that they will be arrested like the other guy. These posts serve to warn them away from even trying it. Thanks for adding to it! Helpful info. Maybe it will help to settle worries a bit.
Stoppedby

Dallas, GA

#7 Dec 29, 2011
Idiots wrote:
No dude. I am wondering what part of the county these slimball buttholes are living in and some neighborhoods because I am curious to know how much others pay attention. I live in a neighborhood in the southern part of the county. 3 current empty houses. I know who owns them, who owned them, what they paid, what their foreclosure status is, and pretty much everything else about them.
I am trying to say it would be pretty damn obvious to me something fishy was going on and I wanna know if others are as vigilant as I and if not, why. Plus you gotta ask. If the squatters are willing to move somewhere illegally. What else are they willing to do illegally to get what they need? Catch my drift?
THey are all over Douglas County.
Stoppedby

Dallas, GA

#8 Dec 29, 2011
Just saw that Walker is back in court today. Didn't say what the charges are or why he's back in court.
dobeycat

Cumming, GA

#9 Dec 29, 2011
He's in there on 11 thousand dolars bail. If he can't come up with the money he stuck in there. he's all smug on his page but in courts whining like a little beeeotch! Judge, don't make me pay that bail. Let me take care of this and get out. beotch! We laughing at Roderick because we knew who he was and now he thinks he's all bad. In jail doing his beothc work. AHAHAHA!
Not all black people are this way folks.Leading the righteos down the bad road. So don't start with anything about blacks doing this. There are some people on his page telling him off too and they black too. He gets me sence he all acting smug like he's got something. He aint got PAINT is was my granddad would say. He aint got paint!
Work it Roderick. Take a job and work it. Dont keep whinings like a beotch. Work it man. And you never a realter either.Where's the lisence you got it? Show it man. lets see you working that realtor game bru. Better quit that lying game man. Bringing us down. Work it like we do bru! Your noting special.
Fightin Mad

Lithia Springs, GA

#10 Dec 29, 2011
Roderick Walker of adverse posession services may be out of jail. Haven't heard how his day in court went. Please be vigilant in your neighborhood and look out for strangers looking at these empty homes. If they move in, question the ownership of the home. Go to the county website and look on the tax records to see who owns the home. BE NOSY!
We have to fight this crime wave to save our property values. Let's get rid of Roderick Walker, adverse posession services and all the other copy cats that are out there.

Since: Jun 07

D'ville, GA

#11 Dec 30, 2011
Fightin Mad wrote:
Roderick Walker of adverse posession services may be out of jail. Haven't heard how his day in court went. Please be vigilant in your neighborhood and look out for strangers looking at these empty homes. If they move in, question the ownership of the home. Go to the county website and look on the tax records to see who owns the home. BE NOSY!
We have to fight this crime wave to save our property values. Let's get rid of Roderick Walker, adverse posession services and all the other copy cats that are out there.
Worrying about squatters affecting property values is like worrying about a plumbing leak on the Titanic after it hit the iceberg. If foreclosures would stop these bums would have no properties to occupy. It's the foreclosures that continue to drive down property values and it's the banks putting these properties on the market at a third of the value of other properties in the area that continues to hurt Joe average. Someone needs to make the banks responsible for their foreclosed properties, they need to visit each one to ensure it is secured (keeps the bums, drug addicts out and keeps kids from going in and possibly getting hurt) and they need to maintain each property so that it doesn't fall into disrepair bring down adjacent property values. Walker is just the resulting cancer, the cause is the foreclosure and the neglect of the property. Everytime the police get called to one of these properties they should send a bill to whomever holds the foreclosure, why should the taxpayers get stuck with the bill for the banks neglect?
Stoppedby

Dallas, GA

#13 Dec 30, 2011
spitfire2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Worrying about squatters affecting property values is like worrying about a plumbing leak on the Titanic after it hit the iceberg. If foreclosures would stop these bums would have no properties to occupy. It's the foreclosures that continue to drive down property values and it's the banks putting these properties on the market at a third of the value of other properties in the area that continues to hurt Joe average. Someone needs to make the banks responsible for their foreclosed properties, they need to visit each one to ensure it is secured (keeps the bums, drug addicts out and keeps kids from going in and possibly getting hurt) and they need to maintain each property so that it doesn't fall into disrepair bring down adjacent property values. Walker is just the resulting cancer, the cause is the foreclosure and the neglect of the property. Everytime the police get called to one of these properties they should send a bill to whomever holds the foreclosure, why should the taxpayers get stuck with the bill for the banks neglect?
OK, if we let this issue continue, how will that effect foreclosures? They will go up because people will stop paying their mortgages just like the squatters. You have no idea how bad things can get. I'm in the industry and see that folks no longer want to pay for a house that won't hold it's value. They no longer see it as a long term investment.

Since: Jun 07

D'ville, GA

#14 Dec 30, 2011
Stoppedby wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, if we let this issue continue, how will that effect foreclosures? They will go up because people will stop paying their mortgages just like the squatters. You have no idea how bad things can get. I'm in the industry and see that folks no longer want to pay for a house that won't hold it's value. They no longer see it as a long term investment.
This guys whole idea was to occupy a vacant house and stay in that house for 7 years hoping that no one with a legal claim to the property would come forward to throw him out.(Going on TV was stupid unless his main objective was to make his money on selling the idea and not gaining a house.) If you have a mortgage on a property and think you can just stop paying and stay there for 7 years, good luck, the lienholder knows you're there and will follow through with a foreclosure and legal eviction. Most people can't afford to be homeless and have their credit busted. I guess they could go and squat another property but again they'd be betting their posessions and tax dollars (and possibly jail time) that nobody would make claim for 7 years. Very few people can live that way or would even want to. I hardly think this guy was setting a pattern that people are willing to follow.
Stoppedby

Dallas, GA

#15 Dec 30, 2011
spitfire2 wrote:
<quoted text>
This guys whole idea was to occupy a vacant house and stay in that house for 7 years hoping that no one with a legal claim to the property would come forward to throw him out.(Going on TV was stupid unless his main objective was to make his money on selling the idea and not gaining a house.) If you have a mortgage on a property and think you can just stop paying and stay there for 7 years, good luck, the lienholder knows you're there and will follow through with a foreclosure and legal eviction. Most people can't afford to be homeless and have their credit busted. I guess they could go and squat another property but again they'd be betting their posessions and tax dollars (and possibly jail time) that nobody would make claim for 7 years. Very few people can live that way or would even want to. I hardly think this guy was setting a pattern that people are willing to follow.
This guy is selling his idea. He has a business called Adverse Possession Services. Why do you think he was arrested for forgery and criminal trespass? It wasn't for the house he's living in. He helped another guy break into a home and forge a lease in order to have the power turned on. Go look on FB at his personal page and the Adverse Possession Services page. It's very eye opening.
Wake Up

Erlanger, KY

#16 Jan 12, 2012
gotchyasquatter wrote:
http://douglasville.patch.com/ articles/gotcha-squatter-goes- to-jail
Why would you ask that? I think that's strange, Dude. If you're thinking about trying this stunt, think again. The neighbors of these homes are going to do exactly what the poster just said.
The second you step foot in one of these houses, you're going to be arrested just like good ol' Roddy the Ripoff Boy up there!
I have two empty older homes on my street and guess what? I've got my security cameras pointed right at them now! Any cars come up the street will be recorded night and day now.
I'm replacing bulbs with the motion ones tomorrow. I didn't think about that. That's a good one. I'll call the cops and film it every time I see some saggy ass get out of their beat up POS! And hell... I'll You tube the damed thing like it's cool!
Adverse possession is a hostile takeover where you claim possession to the home. If you claim possession the police cannot evit you. It is a civil matter the police cannot do ANYTHING.
rompel stilkson

UK

#18 Jan 13, 2012
here is numb nuts website to sell you books and tapes.He really went after a house that needed lots of work.CAN YOU SAY TRESPASSING????
http://www.adversepossession.com/contact.html
rompel stilkson

Laval, Canada

#19 Jan 13, 2012
there is another case in flower mound texas, a surburb of dallas where the cops refuse to get the SQUATTER out because its a legal matter and not civil..

Covenant Solutions

Woodstock, GA

#20 Mar 10, 2012
Let me educate you all on here and warn you the readers of what the states.

Firstly let me tell you that those officers, the county and the judge themselves even the state can be held in " contempt" if they falsely arrest anyone who evoke adverse possession in the correct manner. How can you choose what laws you will and will not obey.

The last i checked NO ONE is above the law. The 100 yr old states that it MUST be " Open and Notorious" you CAN NOT let the so called owner know otherwise the law is voided.Im not saying that every drug dealer , or other unscrupulous individuals should move in and act in a manner unbecoming to neighbor. But you can not hate someone for acting under what is known as they law.

ANY and ALL OFFICERS and governors of the law must follow the Rules of Civil Procedure and Rule of Law. And therefore, enforce all applicable codes and laws that govern the implementation of this action. ANY and ALL officers of the law that rule against or act contrary to these codes and laws do so ILLEGALLY according to the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, 12 U.S.C. Section 2605(e) and Regulation X at 24 C.F.R. 3500, and The Gramm Leach Bliley Act. See Esalva VS. HSBC, See WELLS FARGO VS. MCNEE, See DEUTSCHE BANK NATIONAL TRUST COMPANY v. BYRAMS

In accordance and adherence to Georgia Codes and enforceable laws O.C.G.A. 44-2-140 (2007), O.C.G.A. 44-6-123 (2007), O.C.G.A. 44-4-7 (2007), O.C.G.A. 44-5-43 (2007), O.C.G.A. 44-5-161 (2007),O.C.G.A. 44-5-163 (2007), O.C.G.A. 44-5-164 (2007), O.C.G.A. 44-5-168 (2007),

For all of you ignorant people out there and i mean that in the most positive of manners ..KNOW YOUR LAW. This judge that signed the arrest warrant, the officers and the state can have charges bought against them for VIOLATING this law.
CFS

Woodstock, GA

#21 Mar 10, 2012
Therefore, ANY and ALL officers and governors of the law that act in such a manner shall be held in contempt and all actions must be and shall be reported to this states Attorney General.
CFS

Woodstock, GA

#22 Mar 10, 2012
Laugh now..Cry later.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
foxhall 1 hr No way 4
Douglasville Council Approves Investigation Int... Fri Uh oh 1
DC Schools Top Administrators Raises Fri Transparency 19
15 year old hung himself in Bremen (Dec '09) Fri TBD 33
BOE COO retires Fri cracker jack hous... 1
Review: Peach State Paint & Collision (Jun '09) Thu Pinecone 10
have we as a community forgotten Larry Bolen May 26 concern 1
More from around the web

Douglasville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE