new high school principals???

new high school principals???

Posted in the Douglasville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
I know

Douglasville, GA

#1 Jan 21, 2010
who is going to be the principal ot new high school and at Lithia Spring whne Mr. Ruble retires?
Joe

Peachtree City, GA

#2 Jan 21, 2010
James Quarterman will be the new principal. They just don't know it yet.
Replant

Douglasville, GA

#3 Jan 21, 2010
I know wrote:
who is going to be the principal ot new high school and at Lithia Spring whne Mr. Ruble retires?
Ruble is already retired, drawing his second income off the citizen's of Douglas as the principal of Lithia. My question is does he get a second leave payoff???
Winston Resident

Douglasville, GA

#4 Jan 21, 2010
Replant wrote:
<quoted text> Ruble is already retired, drawing his second income off the citizen's of Douglas as the principal of Lithia. My question is does he get a second leave payoff???
You need to get your facts straight. Mr. Ruble does NOT draw a second income. He does not recieve retirement on top of pay as a principal. You should think twice before spouting off incorrect information.
what is wrong with people

Douglasville, GA

#5 Jan 21, 2010
Winston Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to get your facts straight. Mr. Ruble does NOT draw a second income. He does not recieve retirement on top of pay as a principal. You should think twice before spouting off incorrect information.
Winston-They can't help it they don't know any better....
Taxpaying Grandpa

Fayetteville, GA

#6 Jan 21, 2010
I have no idea if Larry Ruble is double dipping or not. Point is though there are plenty who are. They are drawing retirement and acting as consultants to the Douglas Co. BOE. This county is going to destroy education by increasing class size, laying off teachers, laying off support folks, and other horrible cuts. But they will keep every do nothing paper pusher at the Central Office location. They will create more paper work in order to justify all the Central Office jobs as neccessary. These people cannot manage the budget with honesty and integrity in good times. They certainly will not act in the best interest of anybody but themselves now that we are in a crisis. They will sacrifice the children and their employees first. It is sickening the way they have mismanaged this counties education system, using the children and their employees as pawns basically. Greed and selfishness is at the root of this entire problem.
dville mom

United States

#7 Jan 21, 2010
Replant wrote:
<quoted text> Ruble is already retired, drawing his second income off the citizen's of Douglas as the principal of Lithia. My question is does he get a second leave payoff???
yes he will
Winston Resident

Douglasville, GA

#8 Jan 21, 2010
Taxpaying Grandpa wrote:
I have no idea if Larry Ruble is double dipping or not. Point is though there are plenty who are. They are drawing retirement and acting as consultants to the Douglas Co. BOE. This county is going to destroy education by increasing class size, laying off teachers, laying off support folks, and other horrible cuts. But they will keep every do nothing paper pusher at the Central Office location. They will create more paper work in order to justify all the Central Office jobs as neccessary. These people cannot manage the budget with honesty and integrity in good times. They certainly will not act in the best interest of anybody but themselves now that we are in a crisis. They will sacrifice the children and their employees first. It is sickening the way they have mismanaged this counties education system, using the children and their employees as pawns basically. Greed and selfishness is at the root of this entire problem.
Name one administrator who is double dipping. I would like to know where you get your wealth of information.
Answer is

Lilburn, GA

#9 Jan 21, 2010
Winston Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Name one administrator who is double dipping. I would like to know where you get your wealth of information.
Brenda Singleton

Retired Principle

And has done Consulting work = Double dipping

Ok
Taxpaying Parent

Douglasville, GA

#10 Jan 21, 2010
Taxpaying Grandpa wrote:
I have no idea if Larry Ruble is double dipping or not. Point is though there are plenty who are. They are drawing retirement and acting as consultants to the Douglas Co. BOE. This county is going to destroy education by increasing class size, laying off teachers, laying off support folks, and other horrible cuts. But they will keep every do nothing paper pusher at the Central Office location. They will create more paper work in order to justify all the Central Office jobs as neccessary. These people cannot manage the budget with honesty and integrity in good times. They certainly will not act in the best interest of anybody but themselves now that we are in a crisis. They will sacrifice the children and their employees first. It is sickening the way they have mismanaged this counties education system, using the children and their employees as pawns basically. Greed and selfishness is at the root of this entire problem.
I completely disagree with your statement that the BOE is destroying our school system. I am a parent and am VERY pleased with the education that my child is receiving. I am happy with my child's teachers and school administrators. I am happy with our superintendent and I am happy with the board member that represents my district.

My child has many opportunities at school to learn and grow. Yes some of the classes are a bit larger, however, I realize that this is a situation that is taking place state wide. Many of the challenges that are facing our district have to do with the larger economic crisis. I am pleased that through the leadership of our superintendent and Board we actually have a reserve and that our system was not hit as hard as MANY of the surrounding districts.
Taxpaying Grandpa

Fayetteville, GA

#11 Jan 21, 2010
Did not say administrator, my dear. I said consultants. People who come in and do trainings for staff.There are quite a few people who have retired, and come back as consultants to do FREQUENT trainings. How do I know this? Well, I know some of the "consultants" who use to be on the payroll as employees, who retired.
i know

Douglasville, GA

#12 Jan 21, 2010
there is no double dipping he is not getting his retirement until her retires again.
Synergy

Suwanee, GA

#13 Jan 21, 2010
i know wrote:
there is no double dipping he is not getting his retirement until her retires again.
Maybe I'm not understanding, but I believe if a TEACHER retires and goes back at 49%, they receive their salary plus their retirement. So, I would think that if someone goes back as a consultant that wouldn't even be 49%, so they should receive their retirement also. At least that's the way it is in Cobb, I think.
I know

Lilburn, GA

#14 Jan 22, 2010
Taxpaying Grandpa wrote:
Did not say administrator, my dear. I said consultants. People who come in and do trainings for staff.There are quite a few people who have retired, and come back as consultants to do FREQUENT trainings. How do I know this? Well, I know some of the "consultants" who use to be on the payroll as employees, who retired.
Excuse me but I know what I see and read. Yes, you did say administrator....

You said...... "Name one administrator who is double dipping. I would like to know where you get your wealth of information."

Brenda was a principle which is called and known as an "administrator" in the system...

You have no clue and I answered your question
anon in district 5

Fayetteville, GA

#15 Jan 22, 2010
I know~

I have no idea what your gripe is Dr. Singleton, maybe your children were hooligans and she would not put up with it when she was principal. That lady made South Douglas what it is today. What it is today is the best elementary school in this county. She taught and served as principal many generations of families. It is a shame there are not more teachers/administrators like her. If there were we would all be alot better off!
Ignorant people

Fayetteville, GA

#16 Jan 22, 2010
Winston Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to get your facts straight. Mr. Ruble does NOT draw a second income. He does not recieve retirement on top of pay as a principal. You should think twice before spouting off incorrect information.
There are all kinds of ignorant people on this board who just spout off stuff all the time. Mind you I think there have been some good ideas regarding education on this board. I also think this board gives a general idea of what the public in Douglas Co. thinks about the current education system and what should be done, what should be changed etc... However, you will always have nuts and people trying to create trouble. You will also have vindictive people who perpetuate gossip they have heard. Try to ignore the ding a lings on this board and look for the parents and others who are truly insightful and have good intentions.
douglas county teacher

Douglasville, GA

#17 Jan 22, 2010
Return to the original thread-Is Mr. Ruble retiring? The rumor is that there will be a big shake-up with the whole county. NH to LSHS, RB to AHS, CC to the new school, SK to DCHS. Scenario 2: RB to LSHS, NH stays, CC stays, SK stays, AW goes to the new school with JB. Then, there are those that say that Bill Foster is also retiring/moving to a high school- not a bad idea. Lithia needs a tough disciplinarian to straighten up that school-somebody with a long term plan.
WOW

Emerson, GA

#18 Jan 22, 2010
All I know is yes he is retiring, but it has not went before the board and the position is not yet posted!
Teacher

United States

#19 Jan 22, 2010
douglas county teacher wrote:
Return to the original thread-Is Mr. Ruble retiring? The rumor is that there will be a big shake-up with the whole county. NH to LSHS, RB to AHS, CC to the new school, SK to DCHS. Scenario 2: RB to LSHS, NH stays, CC stays, SK stays, AW goes to the new school with JB. Then, there are those that say that Bill Foster is also retiring/moving to a high school- not a bad idea. Lithia needs a tough disciplinarian to straighten up that school-somebody with a long term plan.
I think RB would be just the right person for LSHS. What do you think?
Anon

Fayetteville, GA

#20 Jan 22, 2010
The initial thing is real cute, however the county has a website with all the schools listed that gives names and bios.The inquiring mind can use to figure out who is who and what you are talking about. Duh!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Defend our Flag 14 hr Time4Secession 1
forrest road = racist? 17 hr changes 1
Why does Douglasville have 2 Attoneys 21 hr Rebel Fighter 3
The Hoax / exposure 21 hr Rebel Fighter 3
Riding Instructors at Timber Ridge Stables in t... Mon Leigh 6
matt fields Sun Not Matt Fields 2
what celebs live in douglasville? (Sep '09) Sun Elmer 69
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Douglasville Mortgages