Reader

Douglasville, GA

#2 Apr 15, 2012
This is what racist pimps do.

“Wess12”

Since: Dec 08

Douglasville

#3 Apr 15, 2012
I have sent my email with my opinion to the Sentinel and everyone else disgusted by such false allegations should as well. Please flood this paper with your comments [email protected] l.com

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#4 Apr 15, 2012
Color Blind wrote:
In light of the article in the Sentinel regarding racial profiling detailing Mrs. Alexander's flawed methods I have to wonder if she is unaware of the fact that the term "racism" also describes an individual who bases everything that happens on race and also one who specifically targets a single race(Caucasians) with every allegation she makes.
I also find it appalling that the Sentinel wrote an article that was so shallow in depth that they ran with her baseless accusations against law enforcement and failed to attain even a basic understanding of how the number of arrests of a specific race correlates with the population and how badly those numbers are skewed when the fact that at least four major highways pass through Douglas County. For example: The city of Douglasville has around 30,000 citizens, however, the more than 110,000 people pass through Douglasville on a daily basis because of the major thoroughfares. Therefore, Mrs. Alexander's calculations, and the Sentinel's reporting for that matter, are so deeply flawed that not only are they wrong but they are flat out false. Surely someone at the Sentinel was intelligent enough to understand this. Did they neglect to ask or did they simply report falsely to garner more readers?
Here is the question no one wants to touch but should be asked. Does one race use marijuana more than another? It's a fair question and it's one that must be asked and answered to understand the dynamics of the original accusation. If one race is the minority of the population but is the majority of drug users then the arrest ratio compared to the racial make up of a community will not match.
That is the worst reporting I've seem in awhile and it's obviously race baiting to garner publicity.
This is a prime example of why I don't read the Sentinel. It has always been and will always be the sorriest excuse of a publication I have ever seen.
dr zeus

Duluth, GA

#5 Apr 15, 2012
i don't believe the racial profiling but am I the only one who didn't miss the fact they had marijuana when arrested? thats one of the craziest things ive ever heard! if it was a complaint of planting drugs then fine. but to complain when they had drugs?? WTF?

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#6 Apr 15, 2012
That's the thing. They defend their race whether they are right or wrong. There is such a lack of character and moral code.
Alexander is just another one who wants to keep heself relevant regardless.
When is enough going to be ENOUGH?????
dr zeus

Duluth, GA

#7 Apr 15, 2012
i understand its a race complait. what i mean is why complain when someone is guilty. where is the stats that show 67 percent of persons stoped and searched did not have drugs?

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#8 Apr 15, 2012
And that was MY point. It has become apparent that it doesn't matter if someone is guilty or not. The NAACP just charges ahead.

“Yet another average white man.”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#9 Apr 15, 2012
The very term "Racial Profiling" is a huge load of crap. Profiling criminals is a science and as such cannot "ignore" the possible race of the perpetrators. What if an AME church was shot full of holes on a Sunday morning by a bunch of "men" in an old pickup truck, according to witnesses? Of what use is such a description if the race of the men is ignored?

The real complaint here is that there exists a potential for racial targeting, not profiling. Like it or not, some black dudes haul drugs through the county. Some white dudes do as well. But which group of people yields the greatest potential for arrests? THAT is what the war on drugs is all about, not race.

Like it or not, if your race is a major player in drug traffic, your race will be a more profitable target. And not just for cops!
Grobbbbbbbb

PS: This all seems like someone is more sorry that someone got caught and less about the FACT they broke the law.
Garbage

Douglasville, GA

#10 Apr 15, 2012
This article also ignores probable cause searches based on plain view or odor of marijuana. As anyone who has ever been within 30 feet of marijuana knows, it has a distinctive odor. So let's say an officer is working an area or zone with a predominantly black population and he is monitoring a problem area (speeding/running a certain stop sign) and he approaches the car and smells marijuana. That has nothing to do with race and everything to do with officers doing what they are trained to do. The officer can't control whether a black person or white person is driving the car, he can only go where his nose, eyes, whatever take him.

As for making marijuana legal, I fail to see how that's going to save the state money, just like I fail to see the logic behind this sentencing reform bill GA just passed. Hell in a handbasket folks.
Hamm

Carrollton, GA

#11 Apr 16, 2012
It's not "Racial Profiling" it is called the law of averages.
dr zeuz

Duluth, GA

#12 Apr 16, 2012
by the way, the article said most of the stops were made by another traffic violation and the one mentioned was usually a tag light out. Wouldn't this mean that most these arrest are made at night? I mean who gets stopped during the day for a tag light out? And with that said, who can tell if a dog is driving a car at night let alone someones race??? Bad choice of article Sentenal. Boo...

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#13 Apr 16, 2012
I don’t know if racial profiling is such a good thing. Hear me out before you judge. At this point the criminals know that law enforcement is racially profiling. They are using law enforcement own profiling against them. I will give you 2 examples of what I am talking about.

Example 1
I’ve known of drug dealers in NY that use white women with babies or young kids in the car to traffic drugs because they know the chances of law enforcement stopping and/or searching their cars is slim to none. I know of one time that this happen. The only reason the women was caught was because one of her neighbor call the cops about the parties and noise in her apartment. I don’t know what prompt the police to search her apartment but they did and found the drugs. I don’t have to tell you guys once she was caught she started signing like a bird. I wonder how many other drug dealers think the same way and are doing the same thing.

My second example I’m sure all of you are familiar with “The DC Sniper”
This man went on a spree killing just to hide the murder of his ex-wife. He knew law enforcement would look for a white man. There was no evidence to support that he was white, just a profile. I wonder how much sooner they would have caught him if they weren’t stuck on the idea that he was white. How many people would have been saved?

Criminals are on to these profiles. At this point I think it may be hurting the police investigations more than its helping.
LOL

Pendergrass, GA

#14 Apr 16, 2012
NYC718 wrote:
I don’t know if racial profiling is such a good thing. Hear me out before you judge. At this point the criminals know that law enforcement is racially profiling. They are using law enforcement own profiling against them. I will give you 2 examples of what I am talking about.
Example 1
I’ve known of drug dealers in NY that use white women with babies or young kids in the car to traffic drugs because they know the chances of law enforcement stopping and/or searching their cars is slim to none. I know of one time that this happen. The only reason the women was caught was because one of her neighbor call the cops about the parties and noise in her apartment. I don’t know what prompt the police to search her apartment but they did and found the drugs. I don’t have to tell you guys once she was caught she started signing like a bird. I wonder how many other drug dealers think the same way and are doing the same thing.
My second example I’m sure all of you are familiar with “The DC Sniper”
This man went on a spree killing just to hide the murder of his ex-wife. He knew law enforcement would look for a white man. There was no evidence to support that he was white, just a profile. I wonder how much sooner they would have caught him if they weren’t stuck on the idea that he was white. How many people would have been saved?
Criminals are on to these profiles. At this point I think it may be hurting the police investigations more than its helping.
Your entire post is based on the assumption that racial profiling is occurring and there has been zero evidence to indicate that it is. I understand what you are saying, however, it's sort of away from the original point of this thread. The complaint is that the Sentinel and Kim Alexander are looking at this through the goggles of a racist. The fact is that Alexander is a racist herself. She is also so poorly educated that she has no idea how to interpret the figures she is presenting and to understand how variables, and there are many, will affect the data. She wants to call the local law enforcement agencies and it's officers racists when she is the racist. It's pathetic.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#15 Apr 16, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Your entire post is based on the assumption that racial profiling is occurring and there has been zero evidence to indicate that it is. I understand what you are saying, however, it's sort of away from the original point of this thread. The complaint is that the Sentinel and Kim Alexander are looking at this through the goggles of a racist. The fact is that Alexander is a racist herself. She is also so poorly educated that she has no idea how to interpret the figures she is presenting and to understand how variables, and there are many, will affect the data. She wants to call the local law enforcement agencies and it's officers racists when she is the racist. It's pathetic.
I know my post was a little off Topic. I agree with the OP 100%. I don’t care if the person is racially profiled or not if they are breaking the law. I think another poster in here already stated it was night and they were stop because of a tail light. I can’t see how someone can tell your race in a moving car at night.

My post was just talking about profiling in general and how it may hinder law enforcement. I do disagree with you about the racial profiling thing. It does occur. I don’t care when it helps to catch the criminal but when it hinders the investigation I do find a problem with that. The whole thing just make me think of the DC sniper.
NAACP

Stone Mountain, GA

#16 Apr 16, 2012
Ms. Alexander seems to be more about attention for herself than anything else. Chief Sparks called her out. He started Youth Against Violence to keep our youth out of trouble. Ms. Alexander just makes unsubstantiated claims of discrimination.

“I know, right!”

Since: Nov 08

I'm a Georgia Gal!

#18 Apr 16, 2012
Not only were they in possession, but they were SMOKING it in the vehicle! How RETARDED is that? They need to go to Stupid Prison. Dumb asses. They deserve what they get. Maybe they should focus less on playing the victim and focus more on common sense.
kill yourself

Douglasville, GA

#19 Apr 19, 2012
Kindred Spirit wrote:
Not only were they in possession, but they were SMOKING it in the vehicle! How RETARDED is that? They need to go to Stupid Prison. Dumb asses. They deserve what they get. Maybe they should focus less on playing the victim and focus more on common sense.
HOLY GOD OF MOTHER.SMOKING THE MARY IN A CAR!??!?!?! forget prison,i say get them the chair seeing how many children and bible thumps were harmed during this crime.

“Wess12”

Since: Dec 08

Douglasville

#22 Apr 20, 2012
Dville wrote:
Mrs. Alexander is so concerned about marijuana that she didn't say a word when Mr Dupree was murdered in Arbor Station over MARIJUANA. Why didn't she say anything? Because it did not involve any Caucasians. Who is racist again? I just need some clarification because it sure sounds like the pot calling the kettle black.
excellent point!

“I know, right!”

Since: Nov 08

I'm a Georgia Gal!

#23 Apr 20, 2012
Hey man, chill your tits. I've been smoking weed since the 70s. I've learned a thing or 2.
1. Don't smoke in the car unless you want to get pulled over. If you do get pulled over for some reason, the cops are going to smell it and you're busted. Common sense. Toke before you leave and then at your destination.
2. Don't take your entire stash with you. Leave it at home. No sense in acting all macho toting around 1/4. Roll a couple, leave the rest at home.

Stupid and immature to toke down the road. Oh yeah, turn the damm stereo down. Toking and loud-ass music, you are asking for trouble.

While I am all for medical MJ and/or decriminalization, the fact is the green is still illegal, and who needs the hassle. Be cool.

DISCRETION IS A VIRTUE!
kill yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
HOLY GOD OF MOTHER.SMOKING THE MARY IN A CAR!??!?!?! forget prison,i say get them the chair seeing how many children and bible thumps were harmed during this crime.

“I know, right!”

Since: Nov 08

I'm a Georgia Gal!

#24 Apr 20, 2012
P.S. I don't really smoke anymore because I have a mild arrhythmia, but I sure used to back in the DAZE. You could learn a thing or 2 from your elders.

HAPPY 420!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mistreated Superintendant 10 hr Citizen 6
sit group 10 hr Telcom 2
No SPLOSH for Foxhole 21 hr Ratmond 29
Reception Venues 22 hr yes 7
Obama Blackmails Public Schools May 27 Kidstone 22
Bathroom Preference May 27 Kidstone 1
Poll Let's take a vote for Douglas County Sheriff 2016 May 27 Raymond 36
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Douglasville Mortgages