Why did DJ Doug leave Bonz?

Why did DJ Doug leave Bonz?

Posted in the Douglasville Forum

BoomBoom Room

United States

#1 Jan 23, 2008
Was it because the owner did not want him to continue to play black music.I know for a fact he mention how the owner didnt want him attracting too many blacks, because his bar was becoming ghetto. I know DJ Doug was very disappointed not being able to play his music of choice (it was a mixture of all music). Not to mention there was a $2 cover charge on Friday nights, the day that most blacks showed attendance in Bonz. DJ Doug was the best DJ ever. Where are you?
Gerald Johnson

Suwanee, GA

#2 Feb 9, 2008
Well Mr. Bonz had better prepare to move in the near future, as in any given day probably 60% of the vehicle traffic (or anywhere in Douglasville for that matter) is African American.

Point is if he doesn't adjust his business model to serve or cater to the changing majority population he won't stay in business.
Hippie Chick

Douglasville, GA

#3 Feb 9, 2008
I 'heard' they were going to start doing bands. Maybe true, who knows. Maybe they're just switching DJs? We went there a couple of months ago, seemed like he couldn't zone in on any type of music, 80s, 70s, disco (my favorite)!, Motown, HipHop, Rap. OMG! CHeck this out. He even MIXED Lynyrd Skynyrd with a rap song one time. Sounded really weird. Some things just ain't made for mixing.

Hey, we had a BLAST though! It was about 50/50 ratio. Everyone was having a good time.
Gerald Johnson wrote:
Well Mr. Bonz had better prepare to move in the near future, as in any given day probably 60% of the vehicle traffic (or anywhere in Douglasville for that matter) is African American.
Point is if he doesn't adjust his business model to serve or cater to the changing majority population he won't stay in business.
allmixedup

United States

#4 Feb 9, 2008
Yes Bonz new DJ sucks! DJ Doug was the best DJ for the job, he played a variety of music for EVERYONE to enjoy. Rumors are the owner decided to charge a $2.00 fee on Fridays because the MAJORITY attending on Fridays was'nt spending enough money at the bar. Not to mention I've set in and watched who was being charged and who was'nt being charged at the door. I was a regular visitor and one of DJ Dougs biggest fans, until the color of your skin became an issue. I thought money was green, not white or black. I love a good mixed crowd, I blend in so well, being that I am bi-racial. I hate that some people can be so ignorant. Where ever DJ Doug is I will follow, I loved his music.
Oreo

Duluth, GA

#5 Feb 10, 2008
Gerald Johnson wrote:
Just out of curiosity where did you get the figure of 60%?

“AAAAAHH. That's better. ”

Since: Nov 07

"Where the neons turn to wood"

#6 Feb 10, 2008
Maybe he was offered a better deal elsewhere. A good DJ can demand a premium.
allmixedup

United States

#8 Feb 11, 2008
Whinning about the facts, you havent even been there to even no what the hell is going on. Are you sitting all day scanning the forums looking for something racist to point out. I'm both black and white so I choose no side, but its ridiculous that I have to see the bull that goes on between both my races. Yes I said it, Bonz doorman made damn sure every black person that stepped foot in the door paid a cover charge. The DJ is white and would rather have played hip hop over rock n roll. Because I was a regular I've even had conversation with the white girls who date black men who has also complained about the racist statement that the owner would make about blacks coming into his bar.Unless you've been there and have had conversations with his employees then you need not say anything, because it seems to me that you have no facts nor a clue as to what's going on find you another forum to voice your racist opinion. Like I stated earlier I hate that some people can be so ignorant.
tick

Hiram, GA

#9 Feb 12, 2008
Maybe I do maybe I don't. You cannot be Black and White.What the hell you think you are Fruit Striped Gum.You know with the Zebra.Back to the facts.If your Mommy is White and your Daddy is Black your Black,or we can be nice and say you are Bi-Racial.It seeems to me you have me mixed up with someone who gives a shiot.I know more about you than you hot shot.White Chicks dig Black guys why. I have no clue.Your mixed up because one of your parents made a choice to have SEX with a person of there choice.You will have to live the hard life because of your parents.Or parent most of the time we know who the mother is and have no clue who the father is.If I want to be Black,White,Bi-racial,Cuban ,Mexican, I can if I want to be a Racist,or Prejudice,I can.You have just started your uphill fight in a world that will upset and hurt your feelings so suck it up.Because you are allmixedup.I could give a flying flick who had to pay 2 dollars at a little resturant in D'ville you obviously are so mixed up and ignorant you seem to have over looked what was said and meant in my post.You better hang tuff and stop worrying about words that are spoken.Like I said before you have a rough road to hoe.One more thing I do as I want work when I want and I will still get that pay check so you are worrying about the wrong thing.Remember one thing grasshooper, let no one tell you what you can and cannot do.Fight for what you want even when people say you can't have it,or you'll never accomplish it.Be your own person and get over getting your feelings hurt so easy you have no idea what life will deal you,there is no Bull-Shiotting your way thru life.You should be ashamed, to think so little of yourself to post allmixedup.You must respect yourself and who you are before others will take you serious.I have pissed you off for a reason,take it and think about it.
gravyonrice

Duluth, GA

#10 Feb 12, 2008
Another wigger. Its crunk they bring in the white girls.

"The DJ is white and would rather have played hip hop"
allmixedup

United States

#11 Feb 13, 2008
tick I refuse to waste my time arguing with someone as ignorant and racist such as yourself. Youre right you can be what ever you want to be including ignorant, do me a favor and explain it to someone one who give a flying f*ck. This topic has ended you need not leave anymore stupid comments, you've already wasted enough of your brain power trying to figure me out. And speaking of names, that one fits you well. You're a pest. No need for a comeback, because I tend to ignore ignorance.
allmixedup

United States

#12 Feb 13, 2008
come now take the bait moron!!!
Hippie Chick

Douglasville, GA

#13 Feb 13, 2008
Hey Tick! Screw this ahole. That place is a dive anyway. Only thing really good about the place are the all-white-meat chicken strips. The DJ tries to make everybody happy, and therefore nobody is happy. We had a great time that night because the beer was cold and we were celebrating a very 'lucrative' time in our lives.

Waitress told me certain types were coming in, ordering soft drinks or water, spending no money, just hanging out. Who can run a business with that going on?

Hey tick! Meet ya at Brookshire's where the owner knows exactly what time of day it is there! Woo hoo! Hooty hoo!
allmixedup wrote:
come now take the bait moron!!!
Hippie Chick

Douglasville, GA

#17 Feb 13, 2008
Fabianos is one of our favorite hangouts. The kids can play while me and hubby have a couple cold beers and some damn good munchies. Greg Thomas was playing at Fabs on Saturday nights. Good ole Southern Rock Rhythm and Blues - lots of Neil Young, Allman Brothers. Have to go outside to smoke cigs but can talk to the band. WooHoo! Rock On! Party Like It's 1989! We all should meet there one night! Haven't been to Gumbeaux's yet. I want to, though. Too bad about Brookshires. Reckon he spent too much $$$ on remodeling maybe? See ya! Tell your brother I think he's hilarious!:)
Tick wrote:
Hipie Chick,he lost the business.I have no idea where or if he will open up somewhere else.He was thinking about buying Gipson's but they wanted to much money.I think he has been singing at different places,I know he used to be at Taco Mac for a few years.I think they have music at Fabiano's. I go to Geaubeaux alot they have the best Buffalo Shrimp,all the Shrimp is only 50 cents on Tuesday nights.Have you ben there.
Jez Me

Douglasville, GA

#18 Feb 13, 2008
poor little allmixedup, you said "Are you sitting all day scanning the forums looking for something racist to point out." I think you're the one guilty of that, my darling.

Just for the record, I am Caucasian, my SEVEN friends who are all Caucasian, went to Bonz on a Friday night. We ALL PAID the cover charge and didn't have a problem with it.
allmixedup wrote:
Whinning about the facts, you havent even been there to even no what the hell is going on. Are you sitting all day scanning the forums looking for something racist to point out. I'm both black and white so I choose no side, but its ridiculous that I have to see the bull that goes on between both my races. Yes I said it, Bonz doorman made damn sure every black person that stepped foot in the door paid a cover charge. The DJ is white and would rather have played hip hop over rock n roll. Because I was a regular I've even had conversation with the white girls who date black men who has also complained about the racist statement that the owner would make about blacks coming into his bar.Unless you've been there and have had conversations with his employees then you need not say anything, because it seems to me that you have no facts nor a clue as to what's going on find you another forum to voice your racist opinion. Like I stated earlier I hate that some people can be so ignorant.
Hippie Chick

Douglasville, GA

#21 Feb 15, 2008
OMG! Thank you for correcting me on that one! I've always said 1989 because I DID party my arse off back in the 80s. LOL! My husband pointed out the other day that I had a Led Z. song wrong. Man was I embarassed. For all these years I thought it was "you need koolaid." He rolled on the floor laughing when he heard me sing it. Apparently it's 'you need coolin!' I'm a brunette, but my blond roots do show quite often! LOL!
detective dangel wrote:
<quoted text> My Brother is a card carrying NUT case he will post when I am at work and uses different names to start trouble.Anyway Tick says that would be cool to meet one night and party like it's 1999.Prince had your dates screwed up but if you stay off the BUD,you might remember.LMAO

“AAAAAHH. That's better. ”

Since: Nov 07

"Where the neons turn to wood"

#23 Feb 15, 2008
Hippie Chick wrote:
OMG! Thank you for correcting me on that one! I've always said 1989 because I DID party my arse off back in the 80s. LOL! My husband pointed out the other day that I had a Led Z. song wrong. Man was I embarassed. For all these years I thought it was "you need koolaid." He rolled on the floor laughing when he heard me sing it. Apparently it's 'you need coolin!' I'm a brunette, but my blond roots do show quite often! LOL!
<quoted text>
Thats Hysterical.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Semper Infidelis 40 min wess12 6
Poll Let's take a vote for Douglas County Sheriff 2016 2 hr Bob 30
Redface Wed Tim 4
Well Played Chief (Jul '14) Wed ok 19
Review: Diamond Traders (Jun '10) Wed butlergirl333 24
WHY DO WHITE WOMEN want to date BLACKS? (Oct '10) Apr 26 OlARRY 249
School based health systems Apr 26 Esplost 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Douglasville Mortgages