Accident at Dorsett Shoals and Kings ...

Accident at Dorsett Shoals and Kings Highway

Posted in the Douglasville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Eliza

AOL

#1 Sep 24, 2007
Two young people, one a minor. Happened about 12:46am. The car overturned, and it took them about an hour to extricate the first person. They're still in the process of extricating the second person. One has already been lifeflighted--the second will also be lifeflighted. Once the second has been lifeflighted I'll put a report on my blog at http://www.elizacountry.blogspot.com/ My thoughts and prayers go out to the friends and families of these two.

Since: Jul 07

Douglasville

#2 Sep 25, 2007
I'm so sorry to hear about this - I live very near here and didn't hear a thing. My heart goes out to the familys. Eliza please keep us posted.
Eliza

AOL

#3 Sep 25, 2007
Both were lifeflighted last night, but unless the local press covers it we won't hear anything else about it. It happened too late for the Sentinel to have an article in today's paper--it might be in tomorrow's paper.
tmb

Acworth, GA

#4 Sep 25, 2007
does anyone know who they are yet and where on kings hwy
whyus

Winder, GA

#5 Sep 25, 2007
It had to be close to highway 5.
Dville Mom

Douglasville, GA

#6 Sep 25, 2007
tmb wrote:
does anyone know who they are yet and where on kings hwy
At the intersection of King's Hwy and Central Church Road - by AutoZone & Marathon.
Eliza

AOL

#7 Sep 25, 2007
It couldn't have been there. The lifeflight helicopters landed at Pray's Mill and the EMS said it was near the corner of Dorsett and Kings Hwy.
Dville Mom

New York, NY

#8 Sep 26, 2007
Saw the cars: one in Autozone the other in Marathon parking lot and what looked like skid marks and a hole in the ditch in front of AutoZone. Someone might have run the red light???The church at the corner of Dorsett Shoals and Kings Hwy would have been the closest open area for life flight to land I guess.
Eliza

AOL

#9 Sep 26, 2007
They didn't land at that church, though--I wonder why? Pray's Mill is several miles from this intersection. It's next to Bill Arp Grocery, which is next to the old Bill Arp Elementary School.

And was it in the Sentinel today?? It wasn't on their website.
mama bear

Douglasville, GA

#10 Sep 27, 2007
I think these are two separate accidents.

The was an accident at Central Church and Kings Highway.

There was also an accident on Dorsett Shoals near HWY 5 - which is close to Prays Mill.

These two locations aren't near each other, though, so I think they were separate incidents.

Douglasville

#11 Sep 27, 2007
I pass by both these locations every day and see no evidence of a bad wreck...doesn't mean there wasn't one. Just that someone did a great job cleaning up any remains.
Concern

Mcdonough, GA

#12 Sep 27, 2007
I passed by right after it happed it was at King's hwy and Central Church,,, very bad.
Concerned

Lithonia, GA

#13 Dec 19, 2007
I saw the accident on Dorsett Shoals by Kings Hwy (right by the gas station)...it looked pretty bad...anyone know exactly what happened?
Bingo

Atlanta, GA

#14 Dec 20, 2007
Eliza wrote:
They didn't land at that church, though--I wonder why? Pray's Mill is several miles from this intersection. It's next to Bill Arp Grocery, which is next to the old Bill Arp Elementary School.
And was it in the Sentinel today?? It wasn't on their website.
You have to ask?"They didn't land at that church (Pray's Mill) is several miles from this intersection., though--I wonder why? Mike Everson demanded an offering before they could land in "his parking lot" and the pilot was Catholic.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#15 Dec 20, 2007
Bingo wrote:
<quoted text>You have to ask?"They didn't land at that church (Pray's Mill) is several miles from this intersection., though--I wonder why? Mike Everson demanded an offering before they could land in "his parking lot" and the pilot was Catholic.
Amazed will have you on his list for that. lol

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#18 Dec 22, 2007
tick wrote:
Bingo,I posted on your comment last week but they deleted it that happpens when u don't play by the their rules.I must say that was funny as Hel*,I really thought it was a sick comment.But I loved it.Bt,mso,take it easy on Bingo he might have a future on theis forum.
I know, just ask poor Wedge. They banned his sorry but 3 times for being insensative.
Charles Farley

Peachtree City, GA

#19 Dec 23, 2007
Kings Highway is a race track most days. What's particularly revolting is how the people of Douglas county haul a ss on that road in the mornings. In front of the school!!! People used to slow down in front of schools to allow school buses, parents and staff to get into and out of the school easily. Not in Douglas county. Everybody hauls a s s and doesn't give a crap about school zones, parking lots or hospitals. Now it's Christmas time so we have the added benefit of all the other counties pouring in to go to the mall. The worst seem to be from Paulding. Whenever I'm cut off or someone makes a left across 3 lanes, it usually has a Paulding county tag!

CF

Douglasville

#20 Dec 24, 2007
I agree Kings Highway is terrible I've seen people doing 60 past the school on any given day.
Also welcome Charles - I've read other post by you and it's wonderful to have another well thought out poster on this board.
Bingo

Atlanta, GA

#21 Dec 26, 2007
tick wrote:
Bingo,I posted on your comment last week but they deleted it that happpens when u don't play by the their rules.I must say that was funny as Hel*,I really thought it was a sick comment.But I loved it.Bt,mso,take it easy on Bingo he might have a future on theis forum.
Just the truth.:) What is sick is the way this guy "preys" ( not prays ) on the weak minded of this church. Oh well wrong board for him.. back to the topic here....see you on the PMBC thread. Thanls all.
Charles Farley

Peachtree City, GA

#22 Dec 27, 2007
Mugsy wrote:
I agree Kings Highway is terrible I've seen people doing 60 past the school on any given day.
Also welcome Charles - I've read other post by you and it's wonderful to have another well thought out poster on this board.
I appreciate the sentiment. A few years ago I was shocked by the school zone on Bright Star road. Nobody even thought about it. Even the local law enforcement flew through it like it was a freeway. I met a guy one day taking video of the cars going through the school zone. I just had to stop and ask about it. He too was tired of seeing people haul a ss through the school zone and had children in the school there. While we were standing there talking a school bus driver heading to Bright Star school, hauling a ss through the school zone, looked over and gave us the finger for taping him. My jaw dropped. We were in front of a church. Oh, and the guy wasn't really taping at all, the camera didn't even have a battery. He was just trying to remind people to be responsible just in case someone was watching (like God). So I called the county to complain. They sent an officer for 1 day and he wrote a few tickets. Then it was business as usual for the Bright Star raceway. I called a few more times before having to travel out of state to work a few months. When I got back Douglas county had solved the problem entirely; by removing the school zone signs and markings! I'm never surprised by small town politics, but sometimes I am amazed by how stupid it can be. When I called I got to hear about how they were so busy looking for drugs. Sorry folks, but laws won't cure addiction, so priorities need to be set. But drugs are big money for law enforcement, instant career builders, so they won't be stopping people from racing through school zones any time soon. In defense, they are spread way too thin, we need more cops in Douglas county. But we need the safety of our children to be more important than the futile attempts at keeping some loser from catching a buzz. But that's another argument.

CF

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Superintendent for DCSS Sun SDES FMS MOTHER 39
carl sweet (Jun '12) Sat Robbed 4
Hot water heater question ... Sep 16 Justme 5
Jesse Sosobee Sep 15 Earline 1
Honest opinions Sep 15 taxpayer 112 4
WASP and PROUD! (Jan '08) Sep 14 Bradley 69
Meeting on Local Accountability for Douglas Cou... Sep 14 Excellence Advocates 1

Douglasville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Douglasville Mortgages